THE BROWNS BOARD

Dems Shift Messaging on Voting by Mail

Vambo

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/democrats-vote-by-mail-postal-service-mail-in-ballots/2020/09/24/id/988542/?ns_mail_uid=7ba9a988-f3ea-4e4e-9210-d4264a2806fc&ns_mail_job=DM149448_09242020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010102wg5mcl

Following months of urging people to vote by mail, Democrats are now singing a different tune and encouraging voters to show up in person to either vote or drop off their completed ballots.

That might have something to do with Trump's strategy of plugging his ears and going "nahnahnahnah" when the vote by mail votes get tallied

Solid chance we don't know the winner on election night.

Solid chance the initial numbers look better for Trump

Solid chance foreign agents and others (Trump) will do a they can to cast doubt on the results

Argue argue. Yell fraud. Etc. Get it to the SCOTUS and hope your new judge votes your way

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

That might have something to do with Trump's strategy of plugging his ears and going "nahnahnahnah" when the vote by mail votes get tallied

Solid chance we don't know the winner on election night.

Solid chance the initial numbers look better for Trump

Solid chance foreign agents and others (Trump) will do a they can to cast doubt on the results

Argue argue. Yell fraud. Etc. Get it to the SCOTUS and hope your new judge votes your way

· 

One of the worst polls in 2016 was the @FoxNews Poll. They were so ridiculously wrong. Fox said they were going to change pollsters, but they didn’t. They totally over sample Democrats to a point that a child could see what is going on. Rasmussen, which was accurate, at 52%.

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Idk, you'd have to ask one. 

but you didn't ask Trump if he accepted the results right? You asked members of the Browns board. So...

The system does need reformed though. Not where it's the popular vote. But better than what it is now. 

everybody wants reform when it benefits their side or hurts the side they don't like. The term reform doesn't necessarily mean better.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes. Have the Democrats accepted the fact that that's not how presidential elections are settled? 

WSS

We all know how presidents are elected, just pointing out that most of the people that voted did not want Chump as president. It's the reality of things, something Trump supporters have no concept of.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't care which side it helps or hurts. It's a fundamentally outdated "winner take all" system where at best some votes count 7+ times more than others and at worst are completely worthless. 

If you say you don't care whether it benefits the side you prefer, let's say that doesn't quite ring true but I'll let that slide.

The idea of our federal government is that we were 50, well not 50 when it started out, but a bunch of States with at least a degree of autonomy. I realize some people would like to eliminate that facet altogether. There are probably people who would like to see one world government. Oh well.

I personally think we have weakened the autonomy of the states too much as it is.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

If you say you don't care whether it benefits the side you prefer, let's say that doesn't quite ring true but I'll let that slide.

The idea of our federal government is that we were 50, well not 50 when it started out, but a bunch of States with at least a degree of autonomy. I realize some people would like to eliminate that facet altogether. There are probably people who would like to see one world government. Oh well.

I personally think we have weakened the autonomy of the states too much as it is.

WSS

Why would that not ring true? What evidence do you have that I'm lying? 

One person from Vermont has a vote that counts 3x more than a vote in Texas.

Montana is 4x more than Cali. 

Candidates have no reason to campaign in states that they can't win, and they don't. That's the issue with a winner take all system. 

You can win the electoral college with 22% of the vote. 

Etc etc etc 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Candidates have no reason to campaign in states that they can't win, and they don't. That's the issue with a winner take all system. 

Etc etc etc 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Etc etc etc 

Are you really an engineer?

• Haha 2

Ha, Prager U. The right wing think take that likes to pretend it has some ties to the academic world to make it more legitimate... though it'll also tell you Universities don't matter. 

You gotta love all of the half truths and uncited info

Ex: "Texas used to vote Dem, so all states matter!" Texas hasn't voted Dem in over 40 years. Safe states exist. They don't get campaigned in.

The last point is that the Electoral College makes it harder to cheat. Without it, stealing a vote anywhere could change the election! That's literally admitting votes would matter more without it...

Vambo, I know you can't actually respond to anything directly since you're some broken bot or foreign agent (at least I hope, otherwise that's pretty sad), but neither of those videos directly addressed the hard numbers I provided. Nothing was refuted. 

Math is math and what the EC does is clear. 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha, Prager U. The right wing think take that likes to pretend it has some ties to the academic world to make it more legitimate... though it'll also tell you Universities don't matter. 

You gotta love all of the half truths and uncited info

Ex: "Texas used to vote Dem, so all states matter!" Texas hasn't voted Dem in over 40 years. Safe states exist. They don't get campaigned in.

The last point is that the Electoral College makes it harder to cheat. Without it, stealing a vote anywhere could change the election! That's literally admitting votes would matter more without it...

Vambo, I know you can't actually respond to anything directly since you're some broken bot or foreign agent (at least I hope, otherwise that's pretty sad), but neither of those videos directly addressed the hard numbers I provided. Nothing was refuted. 

Math is math and what the EC does is clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

That's ridiculous.  If not for the electoral college no votes would matter outside of 5 states.

baloney. all this "flawed" whining is just because Pres Trump won and higgardly lost.

boo hoo forever and 50 decades.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-the-electoral-college-is-vital-not-outdated