THE BROWNS BOARD

Taxes

BaconHound

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Mostly comfortably retired now... Plenty of time to get on my bicycle and ride off into the sunset.  :)   In my 40 working years, Medical Technologist. 

Gotcha, so you don't know shit about corporate tax prep. Thanks for clearing that up 👍

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

Gotcha, so you don't know shit about corporate tax prep. Thanks for clearing that up 👍

I have a business degree with a minor in tax accounting, I also owned a successful tax business for 15 years (2 sisters are CPA’s).

I caught a whiff of bullshit when I read this. . .

OTOH, plenty of shady stuff- like paying daughter Ivanka $750k as a "consultant" and writing it off as a business expense.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

and I don't know enough about medicine to boast about nor do I claim to. My friend my trombone player also my personal physician until he had to close his practice and go to work for a bigger entity it's where I get my information. If you or tex or the woodpecker) Biden would have shut down the countrycountry or if anybody would have put up with it or if you think the country would have stood for it if Trump closed it down in February you're out of your mind. One reason you. Democrats don't care it's because you were wasting your time chasing some sort of Russian collusion Fairytale. It's every bit as ridiculous as blaming the Great and Powerful Obammy. 

WSS

RI2020SP.png,,&width=378&trim=true

3 hours ago, Axe said:

you betcha, and that goes for his little woodpecker, too.

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have a business degree with a minor in tax accounting, I also owned a successful tax business for 15 years (2 sisters are CPA’s).

I caught a whiff of bullshit when I read this. . .

OTOH, plenty of shady stuff- like paying daughter Ivanka $750k as a "consultant" and writing it off as a business expense.

Not saying he couldn't do it.... How to essentially give your daughter $750k without having to pay gift tax on it... The "consultant" part of it was bullshit. From the Vox article, looks like she didn't pay income tax on it either.  Pretty nifty if you can get away with it.... 

That's why folks with $100s of millions in assets hire high priced tax accountants to make sure they're living on the edge of what's legal.  As a Dentist I talked to years ago told me in dealing with the IRS- just make sure you claim all your income- we can quibble about the deductions later. At worst the IRS will disallow them.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Quit embarrassing yourself trying to save face Hoorta.. 🙄

Really?   The IRS allows every taxpayer to gift up to $15,000 to an individual recipient in one year. There is no limit to the number of recipients you can give a gift to. There is also a lifetime exemption of $11.58 million. My math says $750k is a tad more than $15,000.  Daughter was doing jack shit as a "consultant".   Put one of her dogs on the corporate payroll. Bowser Trump needs at least a $50,000 dog house.  

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Really?   The IRS allows every taxpayer to gift up to $15,000 to an individual recipient in one year. There is no limit to the number of recipients you can give a gift to. There is also a lifetime exemption of $11.58 million. My math says $750k is a tad more than $15,000.  Daughter was doing jack shit as a "consultant".   Put one of her dogs on the corporate payroll. Bowser Trump needs at least a $50,000 dog house.  

that's a hiring salary, not a gift.

btw, want to finally man up and talk about biden arranging, in person, to get his son hunter sleazy biden 1.5 million from a russian mayor's wife?

how about 1.5 billion from the communist chinese?

you know, the communist chinese that let the covid go all over the world? lied about it?

nah, didn't think so.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not saying he couldn't do it.... How to essentially give your daughter $750k without having to pay gift tax on it... The "consultant" part of it was bullshit. From the Vox article, looks like she didn't pay income tax on it either.  Pretty nifty if you can get away with it.... 

That's why folks with $100s of millions in assets hire high priced tax accountants to make sure they're living on the edge of what's legal.  As a Dentist I talked to years ago told me in dealing with the IRS- just make sure you claim all your income- we can quibble about the deductions later. At worst the IRS will disallow them.

I’ll help you out on this one.

There was no gift involved, Trump would’ve payed out the ass in gift taxes.

He could’ve paid her a wage as a an employee, but then the business would be on the hook for payroll taxes.

Most likely scenario, he paid her as a contractor and gave her a 1099 for her services.

That way his daughter will have to deal with the taxman.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ll help you out on this one.

There was no gift involved, Trump would’ve payed out the ass in gift taxes.

He could’ve paid her a wage as a an employee, but then the business would be on the hook for payroll taxes.

Most likely scenario, he paid her as a contractor and gave her a 1099 for her services.

That way his daughter will have to deal with the taxman.

Now that is an honest reply. Maybe Hoorta could learn from it.

nah. liberal lackeys worship their own feelings and nothing else.