THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers-TN game not happening Sunday

TexasAg1969

It will be interesting to see if any of the Vikings end up positive. Don't know if the players who tested positive were starters or bench warmers. I am just wondering how easy or difficult transmission to the opposing team really is (my uneducated guess it is probably difficult).

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Then they can be declared NFL Champions.....just like they used to pick the college  National Champs....by poll vote. 

Swami said on fastest 3 minutes jokingly "For the first time in 6 years, at any point in the season the Browns are over .500, Have a parade" Which had me rolling, but did he see it coming?

I'm certain the NFL figured this might happen and have some sort of plan(s).     -  Or...Roger will make somethin' up.

Does it revert to the rules of the state?   Like, does everyone on the team have to quarantine?  For 14 days?   (I'm going to assume not)

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm certain the NFL figured this might happen and have some sort of plan(s).     -  Or...Roger will make somethin' up.

Does it revert to the rules of the state?   Like, does everyone on the team have to quarantine?  For 14 days?   (I'm going to assume not)

I'm pretty sure Roger will make something up. 

3 hours ago, dusty said:

It will be interesting to see if any of the Vikings end up positive. Don't know if the players who tested positive were starters or bench warmers. I am just wondering how easy or difficult transmission to the opposing team really is (my uneducated guess it is probably difficult).

If starters played, it would be very easy to transmit to opposing players. An individual after strenuous exercise can transmit droplets 20 ft or more, although transmission is less efficient outdoors.  If a positive player tackled or was tackled, the virus could easily be transmitted to the other player. This is inevitable without a bubble and will most likely affect every NFL team this season.

• Upvote 1

May be the beginning of the end...

That said I am sure the league has a plan... doubt it is a very satisfying one, but willing to bet there is one even if it's, "tough shit... play with who doesn't test positive".

Can't "postpone" a game like you could in baseball. If the teams have the same Bye week then that's an option, but odds of that aren't high to say the least.

Will it impact the "season"? You bet, but the onus is on the players to not go out, to mask, to take every precaution. I've even seen some players playing in masks. That's smart.

• Upvote 1

I was never a Doors fan... never owned an LP by them.

Then I bought and spent an evening with a two-disc, anthology set. Morrison, yes (not a great vocalist, but a great voice), but what sucked me in was the musicality of the group.

Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore could all play and play well together, but it was the arranging that enthralled me.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I was never a Doors fan... never owned an LP by them.

Then I bought and spent an evening with a two-disc, anthology set. Morrison, yes (not a great vocalist, but a great voice), but what sucked me in was the musicality of the group.

Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore could all play and play well together, but it was the arranging that enthralled me.

My older brother introduced me to them with their first album simply entitled "The Doors" and on it were both Light My Fire and The End. 

He was also having me listen to the band itself and it's innovative style, not just Morrison. He obviously was an early fan and in "the end" was right.

Pittsburgh/Tennessee officially postponed.....but to when?

https://www.nfl.com/news/pittsburgh-steelers-tennessee-titans-game-postponed-until-monday-or-tuesday

They are talking about playing it maybe Tuesday.   That would be fresh.   Really!  I do not believe in the 100 year history of the NFL that a game has ever been played on Tuesday. 

In researching....apparently there have been a very few.  I found this:

With the help of an amazing site Pro Football Reference I have found what appears to be the definitive answer, and it is "Yes" to all three days, much to my surprise.

Tuesday (5 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. The most recent game was Philadelphia-Minnesota game mentioned by Kurt Bullard (Kurt Bullard's answer to Has an NFL regular season or playoff game ever been played on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday?). Before that the most recent game played on a Tuesday was in 1946.

Wednesday (3 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. Most recently Dallas beat the New York Giants in the opening game of the 2012 season which was moved to Wednesday so as not to conflict with President Obama's speech which was scheduled for Thursday. Before that, the most recent game played on a Wednesday was in 1948.

Friday (28 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. Friday is surprisingly a popular odd day for NFL games. In the most recent game San Diego beat Tennessee on Christmas day in 2009. Before that there was a game in 2005 and another in 2004. Except for a break between 1970 and 1983 there has been at least one Friday game every five years or so.

The pre-merger American Football League (AFL) had no games on Tuesday or Wednesday in their history, but Friday was a popular day for AFL games. In the nine-year history of that league they played thirty-six games on Friday.

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Pittsburgh/Tennessee officially postponed.....but to when?

https://www.nfl.com/news/pittsburgh-steelers-tennessee-titans-game-postponed-until-monday-or-tuesday

They are talking about playing it maybe Tuesday.   That would be fresh.   Really!  I do not believe in the 100 year history of the NFL that a game has ever been played on Tuesday. 

In researching....apparently there have been a very few.  I found this:

With the help of an amazing site Pro Football Reference I have found what appears to be the definitive answer, and it is "Yes" to all three days, much to my surprise.

Tuesday (5 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. The most recent game was Philadelphia-Minnesota game mentioned by Kurt Bullard (Kurt Bullard's answer to Has an NFL regular season or playoff game ever been played on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday?). Before that the most recent game played on a Tuesday was in 1946.

Wednesday (3 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. Most recently Dallas beat the New York Giants in the opening game of the 2012 season which was moved to Wednesday so as not to conflict with President Obama's speech which was scheduled for Thursday. Before that, the most recent game played on a Wednesday was in 1948.

Friday (28 Games): Team Game Finder Query Results. Friday is surprisingly a popular odd day for NFL games. In the most recent game San Diego beat Tennessee on Christmas day in 2009. Before that there was a game in 2005 and another in 2004. Except for a break between 1970 and 1983 there has been at least one Friday game every five years or so.

The pre-merger American Football League (AFL) had no games on Tuesday or Wednesday in their history, but Friday was a popular day for AFL games. In the nine-year history of that league they played thirty-six games on Friday.

Eagles/Vikings because of snow. I believe maybe 2010? 

Now postponed indefinitely. Date TBD...

Steelers-Titans game postponed to later in season amid Titans' additional positive cases

Published: Oct 01, 2020 at 09:37 AM

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-titans-game-postponed-after-additional-titans-player-personnel-test-pos