THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

Tour2ma

Enough playtime... Practice reports are up...

Need to see a couple "DNPs" at least turn into "LPs" tomorrow...

... and a few "LPs" into "FPs" wouldn't hurt either.

image.thumb.png.ebea92ff2e1f8f769ba329072824b4d5.png

image.thumb.png.24a9eeeeaa8c4b96fb89fe00e23ffaae.png

17 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle.  Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.

Hargrave has been roasted pretty bad this year playing next to Cox.  Right now he is not playing anything like a "beast".    They've faced 2 teams with quality lines and guess what..?

Vs Rams they gave up 191 yards on the ground.

vs Steelers 146 yards on the ground. 

And I'm very well aware of who Brandon Graham is.  Notice how I mentioned him?  Sack career totals are great, but if the Eagles can't limit anything on the interior then their pass rush really doesn't mean a damn thing.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And today's Injury Reports...

image.png.b9b0b495361f9b8d0654f1ef03b565e9.png

image.png.1faa5499f08954b459e1a97c71a1a807.png

See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

One reason I can see the Browns winning Sunday is that this team under Stefanski seems way more mentally tough, more resilient than any Browns team since coming back in '99. 

But I won't lie, I'm scared to see a good veteran QB against our defense... especially considering that good vet QB has a very good defense behind him. 

I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

are we calling Ben good?

Titans fit with Tannehill? 

the Raiduhs? 

14 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m more concerned with legit dual threat QBs. Guys like Jackson, Watson...we can call it right on D and we still give up a big play.

Let’s go down the list...good vet QBs and very good defenses.

The schedule: Squealers, Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Titans, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jax, Ravens 

are we calling Ben good?

Titans fit with Tannehill? 

the Raiduhs? 

Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh yeah, I've mentioned that before... the Browns schedule has become pretty weak.

But they still have those four games vs the Steelers (twice), Ravens and the Titans, and I still think the Texans and Eagles are very capable of producing a tough game. 

They are all toss ups with our defensive being a mystery. Maybe Jax, Jets and Giants we need to play poorly to lose. 
I was trying to take our schedule and fit Good Vet QB and Very good D. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?

I've watched a lot of those games for fantasy football reasons. I watch a lot of games period for that reason, I'm in 4 leagues this year.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

See, this is why I wanted to bring Bell in on the cheap. The Browns are rolling right now and can't trust that unproven guys like Johnson can carry the load. Bell can do it all, he may be a head case, but just sign him on a 1-year deal. 

Too late, that ship has sailed- Bell to KC...  

I don't think anyone is saying that Ben sucks. He's a HOF QB, but his best times are behind him. Understandably so. Steelers have been considered one of the top teams of the league and it's legit since they have performed well for many years, and sometimes that makes you value the names more than the performance, and I don't think that Ben or other veteran Dlinemen's names are as scary as they were some years ago. 

The worst thing is as Dutch said is that he's a veteran and can find the weak spots of our secondary easily, so it's vital for us to keep him guessing, and give enough time for our pass rush to reach him and at least force some hurries. 

Well its Steelers week. Time to face our arch rivals. And even though the Browns aren't actually playing in London, we are facing Big Ben. Our defense led by Myles Garrett has to put major pressure on #7, make him rush his decision on what to do, and hit him and bring him down. Hoping he has elbow problems to prevent him from passing. Our offense has to dominate the field in all areas. Spread the ball around to make the Steelers wonder where the ball is going next. Make sure our receivers catch everything that is thrown, and gain massive yards and sum it up with a TD. If our defense can suffocate their offense, we can win this game. Remember , big ben doesn't come down easily, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall.  GO BROWNS !!

Man... don't do that. I was ready to go to London again... still have to visit Ireland.

34 minutes ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

... and sum it up with a TD.

Pretty sure we are going to need more than one... ;)

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

I know it doesn't matter, but trying to say Ben sucks is just not true. Did any of you check out the Philly game? He called audibles that most QBs wouldn't know to do, and clicked with Claypool for 3 passing TDs, one run. I hope the Browns don't take Ben lightly. 

I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  

the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m saying It is a different offense.  So many years you had chase WRs when Ben bought time and then cover the whole field.  no thanks...That’s a pain to have to defend that.  Different challenges of course but if I had to choose I’ll take this Steeler offense.  

the ball is going to be out quickly.  We need to be ready for that.  Do you think the Steelers trust Andrew V. Vs. Myles Garrett?

Why do you keep calling him Andrew V. When it's Alejandro Villanueva???? If you want to change it, it would be Alexander. Respect the Spaniards.

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ben leads the league or close to it in getting the ball out quickly. Averaging like 2.2 seconds per drop back, compared to 2.8 to Baker.

We have so many injuries, and I'm not sure what we're going to do. 

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

easy to get the ball out when your wr's get wide open. and offensive line pass blocking has a lot to do with that.

and the pass defense capability has a whole lot to do with it.

rapistbooger tosses a five yard pass to wide open wr or te.big whoopee.

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Not really, which is why they will bring a TE over to help or chip him with a RB. MG will get a sack or 2. But that won't be enough to stop Pitt from scoring over 30. Who's gonna handle Claypool? Ebron? Cleveland's safeties are trash. 

I don’t know how they stop any of these guys!!! Claypool had six catches in his pro career prior to the Eagles game.  Seriously We better play in a box well tackle these WRs on the inevitable quick throws and keep Conner in check (has he really gone off this year?) 

maybe we have to score over 30 like we’ve done quite a few times this year- deploy OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Hunt and strut into town with our elite Oline. 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Ebron can handle himself, the dude has bricks for hands.

That being said, the line is -3 Pittsburgh.  I'm taking them to cover, but not by much.

I have Claypool and Smith-Schuster on my FFL team. I'm playing them both because of Sendejo.