THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn's 51 yard pass - video clip

OconRecon

Guest Masters
Actually not. DA doesn't have trouble with that pass.

And FYI, being able to physically propel a ball over by the sideline 20 yds down field is not the same thing as hitting a 20 yd out before the DB picks it off for 6 the other way.

I'm sensing you may not ready to sit at the big boy table when it comes to this kind of stuff.

The whole completing it part he does have trouble with (unless his WR goes all circus).

Oh, I am well aware. Just as I have seen the pick 6 the other way, of course it is DA throwing the ball.

LFMAO....Says the guy who is still in the high chair.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop saying since High School. DA and Kellen Clemens were 2 of the top 3 QBs rated in the nation coming out of High School. Say since college if you want to say something like that. Da did throw allot of pick sixes in college.

Does it bother anybody else that neither QB seems to be any better than the other? BQ did not play very good in last years preseason games and played one good game last year against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. DA has played about 12 to 14 good games out of 27. When you look at them at the same time in their careers they are almost identical statistically and that includes in yards per pass completion.

That is the stat that people can use against lum to say that he can make the throws. 11.9 yards per completion for BQ and 12 yards per completion for DA.

But since most of you think that DA sucks, does it not bother you that people are talking about what happens if the competition is a tie? People talk about that they want BQ to earn the starter position but it seems that the only QB that would have to earn the job is DA. And most of you seem happy with that. If you think that DA sucks and that BQ can not seem to actually earn the position over him what you should be calling for is a new QB. If it is true that BQ starts if it is a even competition then you should be really upset that the Browns yet again turned down a first round pick for a QB on the roster. Because the truth is that the Browns franchise QB is not in camp this year, unless it is ratliff.

Oh, please, Lump. The only thing you know about "football" is the distance between Anderson's balls and asshole.

No need to go down that path now shep. We all know you've got the football IQ of a cheerleading squad.

You don't know how to play the game unless you've played the game.

Hey here's some heavy hitting reading that's more suited for you. Courtesy of AFC North blogger James Walker: "Years of weightlifting have made Quinn one of the most "ripped'' quarterbacks in the league. His forearms are masses of swelling muscles, and his upper body looks more like a linebacker's."

Guest Masters
Stop saying since High School. DA and Kellen Clemens were 2 of the top 3 QBs rated in the nation coming out of High School. Say since college if you want to say something like that. Da did throw allot of pick sixes in college.

Does it bother anybody else that neither QB seems to be any better than the other? BQ did not play very good in last years preseason games and played one good game last year against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. DA has played about 12 to 14 good games out of 27. When you look at them at the same time in their careers they are almost identical statistically and that includes in yards per pass completion.

That is the stat that people can use against lum to say that he can make the throws. 11.9 yards per completion for BQ and 12 yards per completion for DA.

But since most of you think that DA sucks, does it not bother you that people are talking about what happens if the competition is a tie? People talk about that they want BQ to earn the starter position but it seems that the only QB that would have to earn the job is DA. And most of you seem happy with that. If you think that DA sucks and that BQ can not seem to actually earn the position over him what you should be calling for is a new QB. If it is true that BQ starts if it is a even competition then you should be really upset that the Browns yet again turned down a first round pick for a QB on the roster. Because the truth is that the Browns franchise QB is not in camp this year, unless it is ratliff.

Acutally, you can locate his HS scouting report, along with his college stats. He has had the same completion % issues, short pass issues, and TD/INT issue since HS.

Here is what I know, DA has shown no growth as a QB since HS. Same issues in college and after 4 years in the NFL. He is who he is.

What do I know about Quinn? Nothing other than him carrying a ND team, and having a good showing in his one healthy NFL start. And not just statistically, but the way he led his offense (suddenly no blown time outs, stupid false starts, or delay of game penalties).

Delaying on giving Quinn a legit look as a starter continues to set the franchise back, as DA is not the answer and CLE has to find one. They can't make a decision to draft a QB next year until they figure out Quinn.

You can change Quinn's name to any 1st round QB who has been sitting on the bench for 2 years, and I would say the same thing.

If Quinn fails, it will not be because he couldn't get it there.

That's an excellent point.

If Quinn fails, it'll be because he stalls a potential game winning drive at the 35 and throws it away 3rd and 1 when there's 27 seconds on the clock. Then watches Anderson take a knee to end the game.

If Quinn fails, it'll be because he stalls a potential game winning drive at the 35 and throws it away 3rd and 1 when there's 27 seconds on the clock. Then watches Anderson take a knee to end the game.

You're an idiot

Throwing it away for a chance at a game tying field goal (within Phil's range) is right on the money for Mangini/Bellicheckian thinking. Conservative and smart. Beats a sack which would have taken the field goal attempt to the mid 50-yard range.

Throwing it away for a chance at a game tying field goal (within Phil's range) is right on the money for Mangini/Bellicheckian thinking. Conservative and smart. Beats a sack which would have taken the field goal attempt to the mid 50-yard range.

bullshit, you don't throw away downs to take a 49 yarder.

And if you're trying to kick a FG to tie the game, you don't want to leave the other team 27 seconds either.

It was neither conservative nor smart, and as it turns out was the last chance to keep from losing the game.

Guest Masters
bullshit, you don't throw away downs to take a 49 yarder.

And if you're trying to kick a FG to tie the game, you don't want to leave the other team 27 seconds either.

It was neither conservative nor smart, and as it turns out was the last chance to keep from losing the game.

You'll have to forgive him, he should have went DA and threw a pick 6 instead.

If you are facing a sack or throw it away for the chance at a FG, you take the FG.

You'll have to forgive him, he should have went DA and threw a pick 6 instead.

If you are facing a sack or throw it away for the chance at a FG, you take the FG.

not in oregon.

How are you saying anything after yesterday? Anderson was terrible. And the only reason he got a BS rushing touchdown was because Ratliff took the team down the field for him. Quinn was better, even if he wasn't great.

It's called google and Rivals.com. Use them

I happen to know Anderson threw 85 TDs and had 17 picks in HS.

Scouting reports called him a top 3 QB in the country.

Maybe I missed these other reports you speak of.

Here's a tidbit for you to ponder while you find what you say you have access to:

Selected the top quarterback in the state and second in the nation by Super Prep Magazine at the conclusion of his senior year...Super Prep All-American pick and rated the magazine's 10th best player in the nation...Also earned All-American honors from Prep Star and Student Sports...USA Today Player of the Year for Oregon...Threw for 8,177 yards and 85 touchdowns, and completed 61 percent of his passes during his three-year varsity career

Guest Masters

Here's a tidbit for you to ponder while you find what you say you have access to:

Selected the top quarterback in the state and second in the nation by Super Prep Magazine at the conclusion of his senior year...Super Prep All-American pick and rated the magazine's 10th best player in the nation...Also earned All-American honors from Prep Star and Student Sports...USA Today Player of the Year for Oregon...Threw for 8,177 yards and 85 touchdowns, and completed 61 percent of his passes during his three-year varsity career

On physical talent. Now read the parts where they say what he'd have to work on at the next level. Then read the college scouting report when he was coming to the NFL, then read a scouting report today. All the same issues.

Guest Masters
Apparently if you are Quinnie, you do just that...

and then lose to the Broncos

and then lose to Anderson and the Brown team

Except that ball went through Winslows hands..... oh how you leave that out.

You mean a scrimage team that was better lead by the 3rd string QB.

Guest Masters
85 TDs and had 17 picks in HS? What the heck happened?? That's pretty huge regression.

Or the reality that his height and arm strength could carry him over others in HS. Unfortunatley as the competion talent increased, DA's remained the same

Quinn

At 1:30-1:40 there are 3-4 throws in a row of him throwing outs, 50 yds off his back foot and 25-30 yds across the middle in between 2 defenders. There are lots of videos to prove he has the arm, but this will do fine.

As I said earlier, the last two years all people have "questioned" was the "deep" throw. The "bomb". Those were the terms used over and over and over. Now that we've seen it a few times, now all of a sudden it's the "25yd out on a rope".

Amazing how people change their tune so quickly....

And for those saying " that's college".....

Here's another 20 yard out on a rope as a Brown. He drops to the 30 and hits the WR at the 10. Perfect placement and on "a rope".

Next......

Except that ball went through Winslows hands..... oh how you leave that out.

You got excuses for all three of those short incompletions vs Denver, or just the last one?

and hey I thought you wanted a QB who didn't make excuses, and who made his teammates better.

I guess not.

Kiper said very definitively that Quinn has an NFL arm and can make all the throws, ranked him #5 in that draft (I think). Scott Wright said Quinn's arm would be very well above average in the NFL.

Sadly Quinn isn't able to ride a wave of Charlie Weis pimpage these days.

Those reports were apparently before he actually got into the NFL.

Guest Masters
You got excuses for all three of those short incompletions vs Denver, or just the last one?

and hey I thought you wanted a QB who didn't make excuses, and who made his teammates better.

I guess not.

Quinn took the blame for the pass to Winslow.

You got an excuse for every DA pick 6, swing pass over his RB's head, getting his WR leveled over and over, all the confusion on O, etc.?

Of course you do.

I simply put in the part you always fail to mention. Just like that DA was named the starter before last training camp, that his first starts were in 2005, his melt down for the whole second half of the 2007 seaons, and the list goes on.....

Hahaha.... that's funny, HS stats from a QB (Im talking stats here, not qualities or shortfalls) dont carry over into college or the NFL very well.

In high school receivers have such a huge advantage over cornerbacks. Usually in HS, where the talent isnt as abundant, the fastest most talented players usually end up playing WR/RB. This changes in high D1 college football and the NFL, where corners are (most of the time) way more athletic tham recievers.

Basically, what Im saying is that, when you have the two fastest kids in your school running fly, cross, and post patterns down the field with a cannon arm QB behind center, a high school defense isnt going to be able to stop it. When DA came to college is when he faced an actual defense where those deep patterns diddnt come so easy.

Guest Masters
Sadly Quinn isn't able to ride a wave of Charlie Weis pimpage these days.

Those reports were apparently before he actually got into the NFL.

Better than no one talking about you before the draft, after the drat, or in trade talks this off season.

My response is this plain and simple. If DA is not the answer and DA sucks then why can't BQ out perform him more than BQ had a slightly better day. I agree BQ will and should start this year, but if he can not outperform DA at more than a even to slightly better why are people getting all excited about BQ? The Browns DO NOT have their franchise QB in camp unless his name is Ratliff.

Put BQ in he will be less likely to throw a game losing Int, but then again he is prolly less likely to throw the game winning TD either. But if what the Browns want is a game manager then BQ is the better choice. Put him in and trade DA. Draft a QB in next years deep QB draft and let him sit behind BQ for a year and then take over. Trade BQ and use Ratliff as your back up.

If BQ is half of what people make him out to be you will still be able to get a good draft pick for him. As far as DA maybe you can get a 3rd rounder for him in next years draft.

I guess not.

Ah Lum, ya might want to text your honey DA and tell him you don't like excuses. Because he sure is lettin em fly.....

From ESPN:

"Derek Anderson said the radio receiver in his helmet wasn't working Sunday, so he had to work with hand signals. Anderson said Brady Quinn, who was quarterbacking the White team, schooled White defenders on those hand signals, which made it harder for Anderson to work a drive filled with short passes."

My question to DA, Why didn't you think of helping/informing YOUR D like Brady did with his? Just in case something like this happens, they have the info and signals.

Ah, that's right...you aren't the cerebral type are ya? Well, I guess that's why Lum and you are perfect for each other. ;)

This to me is a perfect example of Quinn's high football IQ. He thought ahead and said "What if?"

"Derek Anderson said the radio receiver in his helmet wasn't working Sunday, so he had to work with hand signals. Anderson said Brady Quinn, who was quarterbacking the White team, schooled White defenders on those hand signals, which made it harder for Anderson to work a drive filled with short passes."

Quinn probably told D'Qwell Jackson that "when Anderson stares down a tight-end for 11 straight seconds, that means he's going to throw it to him and you should jump the route."

Brady Quinn, who was quarterbacking the White team, schooled White defenders on those hand signals, which made it harder for Anderson to work a drive filled with short passes."

Now there's a real cheatin' son of a bitch.

Quinnie is desperate to get that 11 mil.

Funny thing is, he still lost.

Archived