THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Texans at Browns GAMEDAY Thread

Zombo

22 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

20201117_211259.jpg

These post-game photos are not something new Jiggy..32 teams..32 fan boards.. thanks to media-meatheads...  post these same photos from all 22's across the league weekly..

Baker's on his 1st read that's single covered. Sees the passing window leading Higgy to a open out route. Baker has no reason to bail on this play.. nor even hope to see Hunt, with JJ Watt closing on a 4 yard straight line at him.... 

Let's avoid the "Oh 💩 playbook" weekly...  

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Let's avoid the "Oh 💩 playbook" weekly

Definitely not saying it's new. I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying that while Baker is playing well and growing, why is he missing the EASY things? That's my only point, nothing more. Especially with the weather being so bad and these passes being so short. 

I'm a lot of things, but I am not the "post negative shit all the time" guy. I love Baker. Probably more than most and I desperately want to see him be our guy, and to be honest, I think he IS our long-term guy. The thought of having Baker back next year with the same coaching staff and same offense makes me so happy. As we all know, Baker had 4 coaches in 3 years. That's the recipe for destroying young QBs, and heck...we should know! We created it! But we've got a terrific chance to right some coaching wrongs and I couldn't be happier to have Stefanski working with Baker. 

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Definitely not saying it's new. I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying that while Baker is playing well and growing, why is he missing the EASY things? That's my only point, nothing more. Especially with the weather being so bad and these passes being so short. 

I'm a lot of things, but I am not ? ? ?

EASY things? It's called... running & reading the right plays in your PlaybooK... Not gift sighting them...

Look, Ya don't have to convince me on Mayfield.(find my Baker draft post). He was my 1st pick since he showed up at the Senior Bowl.. Like him or not? He's going to be paid 100M in Cleveland..right town/right Coach/Right QB..  

riddle me this---and I get it.. we all get flustrated.. What game (this season) changed tavern jiggins? from 'Baker Sucks'... to " :wub: Baker"...Dallas? Colts? seeing a coaching fit? un-confuse me.. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

EASY things? It's called... running & reading the right plays in your PlaybooK... Not gift sighting them...

Look, Ya don't have to convince me on Mayfield.(find my Baker draft post). He was my 1st pick since he showed up at the Senior Bowl.. Like him or not? He's going to be paid 100M in Cleveland..right town/right Coach/Right QB..  

riddle me this---and I get it.. we all get flustrated.. What game (this season) changed tavern jiggins? from 'Baker Sucks'... to " :wub: Baker"...Dallas? Colts? seeing a coaching fit? un-confuse me.. 

You'll never hear me say Baker sucks, not in a post, not even in the Tavern. I might get frustrated and say "Wtf happened on that snap?!" or something like that, or even say things about our defense that are less than kind, but I'm a Baker supporter. If I've said anything else, it's in the heat of the moment and not indicative of how I truly feel. 

To your question...the two games this year that sold me on Baker were the 2nd Bengals game, and oddly enough, the Raiders game. The Bengals game speaks for itself, but the Raiders game sealed it for me because our defense was worthless, truly worthless. They gave our offense SIX possessions, which I believe is the fewest of any game in the last 3 years. The conditions were absolutely deplorable, yet Baker made enough plays to win, despite not getting ANY help from the defense. A defense that forced 1 punt in two games. A defense that dropped a game-changing pick 6 from Carr.

Despite not getting any help, Baker throws a gorgeous pass to Landry for a TD, but he drops it. Baker throws ANOTHER perfect pass to Njoku for a huge 3rd down. He drops it. Our rookie TE fumbles in the red zone. But despite all of this, Baker made enough plays to win ugly, but his team let him down. It's football, that happens. But virtually NONE of it was Baker's fault, and we really should have won that game. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You'll never hear me say Baker sucks, not in a post, not even in the Tavern. I might get frustrated and say "Wtf happened on that snap?!" or something like that, or even say things about our defense that are less than kind, but I'm a Baker supporter. If I've said anything else, it's in the heat of the moment and not indicative of how I truly feel. 

To your question...the two games this year that sold me on Baker were the 2nd Bengals game, and oddly enough, the Raiders game. The Bengals game speaks for itself, but the Raiders game sealed it for me because our defense was worthless, truly worthless. They gave our offense SIX possessions, which I believe is the fewest of any game in the last 3 years. The conditions were absolutely deplorable, yet Baker made enough plays to win, despite not getting ANY help from the defense. A defense that forced 1 punt in two games. A defense that dropped a game-changing pick 6 from Carr.

Despite not getting any help, Baker throws a gorgeous pass to Landry for a TD, but he drops it. Baker throws ANOTHER perfect pass to Njoku for a huge 3rd down. He drops it. Our rookie TE fumbles in the red zone. But despite all of this, Baker made enough plays to win ugly, but his team let him down. It's football, that happens. But virtually NONE of it was Baker's fault, and we really should have won that game. 

I've had a discussion with Flugel on this and we both think Baker has the accuracy. It just may take a number of games, maybe even seasons, to get to the point where he can read pre and post snap defenses and disguises like Brees does. After all Brees did not just come in the league with it on that level. It took some time to get to where he operates now. There is hope. Just the fact that he hit so many in a row tells me the accuracy is there. That was no accident.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It just may take a number of games, maybe even seasons, to get to the point where he can read pre and post snap defenses and disguises like Brees does. After all Brees did not just come in the league with it on that level. It took some time to get to where he operates now.

You got that right...

He was just beginning to show his potential in SD when the shoulder issue sent him to NOLA and Sean Payton and as they say... the rest is history.

From Drew's PFR page...

image.thumb.png.1b5edf0541c725aacb510aee80ed8ec0.png

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You got that right...

He was just beginning to show his potential in SD when the shoulder issue sent him to NOLA and Sean Payton and as they say... the rest is history.

From Drew's PFR page...

image.thumb.png.1b5edf0541c725aacb510aee80ed8ec0.png

Ah, data to back up my mouth. Thank you Tour.😀