THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Titans Gameday Thread

Zombo

9AD2.gif    WINNERS ! 🤓              

22 hours ago, Zombo said:

Judging by the ginger hairy fingers, the Gumbster must be Scotch or Irish.

Z

Mom's side a little German..Dad's side, some luck of the Irish ☘️.. Heard pops, Irish yodel from the skies on that Shelton Richardson strip fumble..👆 it was sweet !

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nah, he just be dippin' 'em in de gumbo before game time is all.😋

safe_image.php?d=AQCH4NRp8HC0NCUI&w=540&   Browns Backers Club Saturday night (outdoors 😷) ... Best loaded Nachos known to man 👍...

Had some gumbo at the nfl draft... While in Nashville? Browns fans Check out the DawgHouse Saloon.. 

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not me, but we know gumby was there...

I think we may have even seen him on TV as there was a shot of what appeared to be a Father-son sitting next to each other... one in a MG #95 and the other in a Chubb #24 as the gumster advertised would be worn.

I'll have to check out the recorded version on the tv broadcast.. I'm just getting back & going to Bed 💤.. I mean really? Who could go to sleep after what I witnessed 🤓... 

I've read most the post everywhere.. Great reads!  All I could add is? "We have not seen all 3 units play up to their best game"(4! add coaching)  I saw all of 'it' in Tennessee 👀... You saw the Cowboy game Live 👀... But was it Titans game'ish?  WE GO! WE WiN!! 

in ending... I never felt my feet walking out of Nissan Stadium 🤓  It was a styling'n & profiling strut'in all the way home!     ClPI.gif     

We had a damn ball'in of a good time>>>> Thanks! Cleveland Browns!! (every damm one of ya in that building)

7ApU.gif      

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Great WIN ! 9 and freaking 3 !!!

Now...

I am disgusted, what the... with the no calls on holding Garrett?

A few times, it was so blatant it is just beyond "didn't see it".

Held Henry to only 60 yards. ...

It's time to figure that Stefanski should be Coach of the Year.

The whole coaching staff should be, too. lol

That's two weeks in a row with egregious holding and no calls!!!  Maybe the the analysts in the game aren't supposed to comment on "no call" but this is two weeks of the refs not calling holding is bullshit.  I wish the analysts would start calling out the refs and bring more attention to it.  You know the players know it so why aren't they and the coaches getting fired up about it?

That first half was so much fun to watch.  I haven't seen this team play like that, since... ever.  I know we were 9-3 in '94, I just don't remember the Offense looking as potent as yesterday.... until the 2nd half.  

2 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

That first half was so much fun to watch.  I haven't seen this team play like that, since... ever.  I know we were 9-3 in '94, I just don't remember the Offense looking as potent as yesterday.... until the 2nd half.  

Yep-a couple of 2nd half holding calls and chop block calls on the OL let 'em back in the game. Up until then the "turn the lights out" theme was running rampant on the Browns sideline.

3 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

That's two weeks in a row with egregious holding and no calls!!!  Maybe the the analysts in the game aren't supposed to comment on "no call" but this is two weeks of the refs not calling holding is bullshit.  I wish the analysts would start calling out the refs and bring more attention to it.  You know the players know it so why aren't they and the coaches getting fired up about it?

Garrett at one point literally had his helmet facing sideways and just did a WTF to the refs. You cannot, and will not, convince me otherwise that referees in blow outs are told to be more strict/more loose on calls to make it closer. The obvious 2nd half bias was insane.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Garrett at one point literally had his helmet facing sideways and just did a WTF to the refs. You cannot, and will not, convince me otherwise that referees in blow outs are told to be more strict/more loose on calls to make it closer. The obvious 2nd half bias was insane.

Absolutely I’m convinced they get the call from New York “keep it close or closer” so the casual fan stays tuned into the game.  Call it a conspiracy theory if you like 

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

It's true. That facemask was just atrocious. How the hell can there be no call on that???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It's true. That facemask was just atrocious. How the hell can there be no call on that???

I honestly don't know. The amount of second half penalties on us in key moments was astounding. They started making holding calls on us that they didn't call ALL GAME. The no-call on Garrett was absolutely inexcusable and I'm not exactly sure why refs don't call more holdings for him. I simply don't have an answer. 

We also have to be better. That high hit on Kevin Johnson could have been avoided, and while the call was kind of bull, we can't give them a reason to make it. Remember on 4th down and we stopped them but there was a defensive holding? Why even make that mistake? We have to get better on 4th down plays. I don't know what our rank is, but it can't be great. We had a big stop or two on 4th, especially early, but by and large we struggle, and HAVE struggled on 4th all season. Have to clean it up. If we get to 4th down, that's OUR dang ball! 

5 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

I remember 51-0 over the Steelers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Or, maybe they are doing their own form of retribution for last year's helmet slam on Rudolph the Racist Reindeer.  

So long as the Browns at least split their last 4, and no matter how things shake out regarding the post season, Kevin Stefanski is your NFL Coach of the Year. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

penalties really hurt us in the 2nd half 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I honestly don't know. The amount of second half penalties on us in key moments was astounding. They started making holding calls on us that they didn't call ALL GAME. The no-call on Garrett was absolutely inexcusable and I'm not exactly sure why refs don't call more holdings for him. I simply don't have an answer. 

We also have to be better. That high hit on Kevin Johnson could have been avoided, and while the call was kind of bull, we can't give them a reason to make it. Remember on 4th down and we stopped them but there was a defensive holding? Why even make that mistake? We have to get better on 4th down plays. I don't know what our rank is, but it can't be great. We had a big stop or two on 4th, especially early, but by and large we struggle, and HAVE struggled on 4th all season. Have to clean it up. If we get to 4th down, that's OUR dang ball! 

I'm sure some of the no-calls the Titans got away with on Garrett will be forwarded to the League office for follow up.  

• Like 1

The sport is rigged for gambling. My buddy had the browns by 2tds and the refs completely and utterly neutered the browns with penalties in the 2nd half. He also tells me don’t ever bet on the nfl cuz it’s the hardest to win (cuz it’s rigged). And he promises me the nfl controls the game through the officials and they will try to change games to get better scores. (This buddy is a hardcore sports gambler so I take his word with some merit)

My concern is which HALF was indicative our browns reality.  First half could do no wrong and Baker was perfect.  2nd half was complete opposite.  Like we couldnt stop a determined mosquito.  I hope it was just having a huge lead and no fans and lost intensity.

At least Greg Willams wasnt calling the D lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The sport is rigged for gambling. My buddy had the browns by 2tds and the refs completely and utterly neutered the browns with penalties in the 2nd half. He also tells me don’t ever bet on the nfl cuz it’s the hardest to win (cuz it’s rigged). And he promises me the nfl controls the game through the officials and they will try to change games to get better scores. (This buddy is a hardcore sports gambler so I take his word with some merit)

Wait what? The Browns were underdogs so if he was any kind of gambler he would not be making a bet that out of the norm for that game. If he bet the Browns he should have gotten them plus 5.5 points.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

My concern is which HALF was indicative our browns reality.  First half could do no wrong and Baker was perfect.  2nd half was complete opposite.  Like we couldnt stop a determined mosquito.  I hope it was just having a huge lead and no fans and lost intensity.

At least Greg Willams wasnt calling the D lol.

Offense was fine.  When we wanted to actually score and not just run clock we had the nice time consuming drive that ended in a FG.

Penalties hurt flip side lack of opponent penalties hurt.  We had soft coverage.  We need to learn quickly our cushion doesn’t work because we have guys in the back 7 that aren’t good tacklers.  So cushion turns into 10-15 yard gains when it should be 7-8 max.  

We were more deliberate with play calls just lining up an running on 8 man boxes 

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Offense was fine.  When we wanted to actually score and not just run clock we had the nice time consuming drive that ended in a FG.

Penalties hurt flip side lack of opponent penalties hurt.  We had soft coverage hurt.  We were more deliberate with play calls just lining up an running on 8 man boxes 

That is when I think we should then be targeting our TEs and RBs a lot.  Run...absolutely...but don't let them just sit there on us.  Loosen them up with short passes. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That is when I think we should then be targeting our TEs and RBs a lot.  Run...absolutely...but don't let them just sit there on us.  Loosen them up with short passes. 

Agree.  We signed that shiny toy this offseason Austin Hooper the block machine with us and former catch machine with the falcons.  We drafted another guy and have felt highly about him...use them. 

Just now, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Washington just beat Pittsburgh 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

wonder what vagitron will drum up in his crystal ball as an excuse

I feel cheated.  I was looking forward to 15-0 and then wrecking the party.

Lets try to win the division now 

• Like 1

Im watching Bills and Niners game and I see that the Cardinals although the end zone says Arizona they are trying to be “friendly” with the NFL emblem instead of the Cardinal.

If the Steelers had to use our stadium what we do?

1) Say Hell no.

2) Poop emoji at midfield

3) Iowa style Paint the visitor locker room pink and make them use it.

4) leave the sprinklers on over night 

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well for one thing it wasn't a "facemask". Myles' shield/visor eliminated that possibility.

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Washington just beat Pittsburgh 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

wonder what vagitron will drum up in his crystal ball as an excuse

The fact that their schedule got all jumbled around because other teams had Covid issues.   (at least that was it after the Ratfucks gave them a tough time)