THE BROWNS BOARD

Dirty Titans Player

hish747

18 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That does look blatant. Is that the same guy who got flagged for the karate chop on Teller’s arm when Teller was holding his jersey after a play?

I think that was #98, so no. 

• Thanks 1

Hands to face much? Saw that one live. Should have been called, but every call of that type I can recall is when OL gets hand under mask/chin and pushes up so might not be an angle refs see very often. Most often at this angle it's a facemask call and clearly this was not that.

And at the risk of being branded a Titan apologist... On Dodd's mini-stomp (this ain't no Suh-stomp) I think Teller hit Dodd in the nuts when he launched into his midsection to seal off any pursuit. Dodd clearly reaches for that "region" before stepping on Teller and than again as the play ended. Read somewhere a few months back that the vast majority of NFL players do not wear a cup. Understandable to any who have ever run wearing one of those things. (I'm still scratching my head over what seems to be a growing number of players not using mouth-guards or as we used to call them, "gumps".)

That said as we all know it's the retaliation that gets caught and this one should have been. Dodd should expect a letter likely with a request for a modest donation.

Retaliation cheap shots for cheap shots, real or perceived, received are a part of life in the game. I'm retaliated with them (my worst was in a water polo match... yes, I said water polo... you can get away with a lot when most of a body is submerged). But more satisfying is to bring the report of the wrong suffered to the huddle and calling for a special play to even the score. Did this in a flag game in college... it's a far more satisfying solution. :)

image.png.251c7fea3f2bdb1a330358feda3ff653.pngimage.png.3db81f28f2b621273c14aa795c56c946.png

The action by Teller looks like a legitimate attempt to make a block.  You can't go to someone's head and you can't go to their knees, so where else is there?  The torso.  If on occasion because you can only block "in the strike zone"  you may occasionally take a shot to your junk,  but where else is a lineman to hit you to block you.

No....the asshole needs to sit for at least a game. 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The action by Teller looks like a legitimate attempt to make a block.  You can't go to someone's head and you can't go to their knees, so where else is there?  The torso.  If on occasion because you can only block "in the strike zone"  you may occasionally take a shot to your junk,  but where else is a lineman to hit you to block you.

No....the asshole needs to sit for at least a game. 

Just wait another month and we can return the favor. I wanted the Bills but let’s get the Titans instead. 

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

The Titan is suspended one game for stepping on Teller on purpose.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30472278/nfl-suspends-tennessee-titans-de-teair-tart-cincinnati-bengals-s-shawn-williams-one-game

Without pay.

• Upvote 1

Contract Details

An NFL contract is better thought of as an agreement to sign 16 individual equal checks.

If the player misses a game, he misses that check.. unless the agreement is "fully guaranteed" or "guaranteed for injury" [and the player has an injury].

Note that the Cousins deal with the Vikings was the first fully guaranteed multiyear deal in NFL history -- and there hasn't been one since. My .02 there will never be another.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Someone break the news to Gipper that QB rules don't apply to linemen...

Bullshit....the head slap went out with Deacon Jones.  You can't head slap, you can't get your hands into their faces. 

And I have seen it where an OL has tried to submarine a DL, essentially going for the knees...and got called for a penalty.   If you claim otherwise, prove it. 

And why don't YOU be the one to inform me direct.  Mr. Milksop.   

On 12/7/2020 at 12:51 AM, nickers said:

They did a lot of dirty shit out there... The play dirty Steelers style football...

Any call that the Titans were in question of a flag? The Jumbo-tron douche-bag would only show ONCE! 🤔.. Than many meaningless camera angles (shocker! :P)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Contract Details

An NFL contract is better thought of as an agreement to sign 16 individual equal checks.

If the player misses a game, he misses that check.

I was going to say this. 

21 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

(...) unless the agreement is "fully guaranteed" or "guaranteed for injury" [and the player has an injury].

Note that the Cousins deal with the Vikings was the first fully guaranteed multiyear deal in NFL history -- and there hasn't been one since. My .02 there will never be another.

And I didn't know this. That's interesting.