THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Offensive Line - Grades as best in the League !

calfoxwc

been waiting a long, long time to have the best offensive line. The offensive line is the engine that runs the car.

btw, how EXCELLENT was that pass to Lamm for a TD ? I'd put Stefanski's play-calling up against any other coach's.

I imagine there isn't any play in pro football that they cannot block well for.

https://www.brownsnation.com/cleveland-browns-o-line-grades-as-best-in-the-league/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

been waiting a long, long time to have the best offensive line. The offensive line is the engine that runs the car.

btw, how EXCELLENT was that pass to Lamm for a TD ? I'd put Stefanski's play-calling up against any other coach's.

I imagine there isn't any play in pro football that they cannot block well for.

https://www.brownsnation.com/cleveland-browns-o-line-grades-as-best-in-the-league/

Yep-I was laughing at the Lamm TD telling my wife, "How can you possibly not cover the guy who has to report to the refs who then informs the Defense that he's eligible." It's like a huge cell phone call, "Duh, this guy is gonna catch it if you don't cover him."📢🔔🛎️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep-I was laughing at the Lamm TD telling my wife, "How can you possibly not cover the guy who has to report to the refs who then informs the Defense that he's eligible." It's like a huge cell phone call, "Duh, this guy is gonna catch it if you don't cover him."📢🔔🛎️

LOL, but I think they always report as tackle eligible? I honestly don't know,

but that play was BRILLIANT on the timing and execution.

A defense just has to be embarrassed getting that play pulled on them successfully.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL, but I think they always report as tackle eligible? I honestly don't know,

but that play was BRILLIANT on the timing and execution.

A defense just has to be embarrassed getting that play pulled on them successfully.

They only report if the play calls for them to be uncovered in the line by a receiver, i.e. no receiver on the LOS between them and the sideline on their side of the center..

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They only report if the play calls for them to be uncovered in the line by a receiver, i.e. no receiver on the LOS between them and the sideline on their side of the center..

It also has to do with the jersey number the player is wearing. OLmen wear number 50 through 79, so defenses are sorta trained to not expect passes to go to guys wearing that range of numbers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-ask-farmer-20181006-story.html%3f_amp=true

• Upvote 1

Gotta give credit to the way Lamm sold himself as a 'not too good' blocker before he went out for the pass.

Kudos to the OL.  They are a big part of the 9-3 record.  - Though they did struggle to make room to run against the Titans.  Of course, the Titans sold out to stop the run....so Stef & Baker made them pay with the pass.  You have to be able to do both.  

• Upvote 5

Stefanski has been running double tight end sets on both sides of the line all year keeping this play tucked up his sleeve knowing it would work when he pulled it out.  Since he runs so much double TEs (sometimes - as yesterday - with an OL as the "interior" TE) there was no red flag for the defense to tip them off.   It was just about fool proof and Stefanski had the patience to wait until the biggest game of the year (so far) to break it out.  I mean he could have broke this play out earlier in some of our tighter wins, but was thinking ahead to the bigger stage.  This guy is ALWAYS THINKING.  We got ourselves a really good coach.  In time perhaps he will reveal himself to be great.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Gotta give credit to the way Lamm sold himself as a 'not too good' blocker before he went out for the pass.

Kudos to the OL.  They are a big part of the 9-3 record.  - Though they did struggle to make room to run against the Titans.  Of course, the Titans sold out to stop the run....so Stef & Baker made them pay with the pass.  You have to be able to do both.  

Lamm really did sell it. I read an article that broke that play down and l watched it a few times. 

Chubb was lined up as the FB, and Baker empty palmed his chest with an extended arm to sell a fake, and then Chubb further sold it with a half assed leap into the endzone. One Titan LB bit so hard on that he basically came up and gave Chubb a hug for his moving performance.

On the other end of the line Bryant and the Titan assigned to him sort of did a “come at me bro” dance. It’s pretty funny. Neither one actually tries to block the other. 

And Hunt sweeps wide looking at Baker the whole time as though expecting the ball, so one Titan peels off to cover him. 

And of course Lamm starts the play really laying into a block and then lets his man slip past, so he definitely played his part well too.

Callahan seems to be doing a marvelous job teaching the Kenny Rogers know when to hold ‘em school of blocking.

Here’s the video if anyone cares to nerd out a little.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Lamm really did sell it. I read an article that broke that play down and l watched it a few times.

Ironically they had used the T eligible play against us earlier in the game, but our LB was all over the Titan's receiver/T and knocked the ball lose immediately for an incomplete pass.

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's like giving a smart phone to a dumb user.  Something's gotta give...

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

It's like giving a smart phone to a dumb user.  Something's gotta give...

Alright, now you blocking below the waste. Guilty as charged. I only got one because my old cell was no longer supported when 4g came in.😬

• western%20electric%20phones__49987.jpg
  •  
  • Haha 1