THE BROWNS BOARD

So where do we watch Sundays Browns game?

Westside Steve

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Sunday Night Football on NBC.

We've hit the big time.

Z

Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

WSS

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey brother sorry how was this specific enough right now DirecTV his feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

WSS

Oh, I didn't realize that. Now I know why I saw that some Steeler fans were watching their Sunday Game on the Spanish channel.

You can probably pick up a streaming channel like Fubo and then cancel it before the free trial is over. Works on a smart TV or laptop.

Z

20 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Sunday Night Football on NBC.

We've hit the big time.

Z

Nice to have the BROWNS an in demand exciting team again.

GO BROWNS !

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

WSS

Yeah it bites. I ended up dropping DirecTV last year due to this (had it 12 years) and put an antenna on my house. 

I've signed up for some streaming services, but keep jumping around as the co$t is getting too high (net neutrality, bah humbug).

Go Browns. Hope everybody gets to watch it!!!

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

WSS

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

WSS

Well, you know my situation with stress.  If possible I may try to make it for at least the first half. 

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you know my situation with stress.  If possible I may try to make it for at least the first half. 

That would be great. It's more important friends get together than whatever the reason might be.  Hulu live has a one-week free trial. Even if I had to pay for it for a month it would be okay. I don't trust you know who's Fred Flintstone era TV reception system. 

WSS

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I have watched Sunday Night Football on my laptop before. Try NBCSports.com (I think). 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Buy some cheap chromecasts and cast it from your phone.  3k worth of tv should have a couple cheap rokus or chomecasts

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

You lucky people. I have to go to the forum that's too risky for Reddit and then for the streams click on the [X] that moves around or else I get popup ads for TB12's latest zucchini and radish cleanse.

Unsympathetic if you still need it Sunday night I will send you a link for stream through private message

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Is it on NBC? Only the NFL Network? DirecTV channel?

WSS

You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

See below Gipper....  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

See below Gipper....  

↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

This problem of these greedy aceholes has effected Dish for years! We lost Sports Time Ohio in August of 2019 so no Indians games or Browns insider stuff! We also lost Fox 8

3 weeks ago. same people TEGNA! Going to buy the antenna for that, but Dish says NO progress on the STO front....When the contract is up BYE!!! 

GO BROWNS!! 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

See below Gipper....  

Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

Thank you gentlemen

WSS

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Where?

Why in The Tavern of course...

You know it! 

Well, unless we're down by multiple scores and I'm worried I might act like an ass clown so I graciously leave as to keep my friendships intact. 😂

Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but the new antenna is much different. It's basically a pancake that gets flattened against your wall and has a small wire running to your TV. The good news is that you can simply take it down after the game there isn't any evidence it was there! 

And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

Thank you gentlemen

WSS

Sometimes he tries to pull in the games from  a Youngstown station...and we get all the snow you ever want. 

15 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but

like they say in journalism everything before the but is bullshit. 😁

the new antenna is much different. It's basically a pancake that gets flattened against your wall and has a small wire running to your TV. The good news is that you can simply take it down after the game there isn't any evidence it was there! 

Thanks, yes indeed a friend of mine has one of those  usb units and offered it to me because, as he said, it didn't work very well in his place so he went with an outdoor system that can be aimed depending on which channel he was trying to get.   

and what the heck they might certainly work fine here.

WSS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Sometimes he tries to pull in the games from  a Youngstown station...and we get all the snow you ever want. 

He actually says he gets channel 3 through the antenna fine. It was the fox stations through Youngstown that gave him problems because he can't get Fox very well.

WSS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

He actually says he gets channel 3 through the antenna fine. It was the fox stations through Youngstown that gave him problems because he can't get Fox very well.

WSS

I will PM you a link just after the game starts. It's where I having been watching the Browns from SoCal, without DirecTV for 3yrs now. It is a clean site that you can check with virustotal.com (76 of the industries best AV/Malware engines all at the same time). The only program that doesn't like the link is Norton ConnectSafe DNS.... but it's Norton, so who cares?

I have to wait until the game starts as it is the easiest way to get you there. You'll be about 2 plays behind real-time and you will have to click out of a couple of adds one per quarter, but that's the only negative thing I can say about it. 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:47 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Same with me.  I have Uverse.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Thank you gentlemen

WSS

Steve- you may not need an outside antenna....  This handy dandy site will tell you.  :)   https://www.antennaweb.org/

Just plug in your address, and it will tell you what stations are available, and what type of antenna you would need to pull them in.  I'm lucky (sort of) the Dayton antenna farm is only 6 miles from my house, but I'm on the wrong side of a hill.  An indoor amplified 10" mini-dish antenna plugged into an accessory OTA box that ties into my Directv receiver with a SATA cable (that Directv doesn't want you to know about) does fine- usually. You just have to go into settings and tell the receiver to program local channels into the play menu. The deal is when the FCC mandated TV stations go digital-  you either get the signal- or you don't. Not exactly. A poor signal will pixelate or intermittently freeze.   

PS- when you go OTA- all the the local stations have subchannels with alternate programming. Our CBS has 7.1 (that's the stuff you usually see) and 7.2 MeTv oldies like Gilligan's Island, Gunsmoke and such.  Our local PBS has at least 5 subchannels, but I almost never watch them......  

• Thanks 1