THE BROWNS BOARD

NO F'ING WAY AFC NORTH CHAMPS IN THE MAKING!

BobPOUND!

Sorry, but had to say it.. I just woke up and saw this on the scroll. PUKESBURG LOSES TO THE BUNGLES.. Are you F'ing kidding me.. OMG this sets up an absolutely EPIC end to what has already been an epic season... Last game of the season versus our worst rival. For the AFC North Championship! This couldn't have been written by the best fantasy novelist.

I have so much more to say, but busy at work. Sorry if this has been covered. Merge if needed... Just had to say it out loud somewhere...

BOBPOUND!!  

There is every possibility that Pittsburgh loses to the Colts as they are fighting to be at the top as well. So this is no push over game for them by any stretch..

If we win against the Jets(PLEASE PLEASE) and the Colts beats Pukesburg, that leaves us both at 11-4 with one game to go.. WINNER TAKE ALL on the last day of the season for the AFC North Championship.. How fucking magical. And if we win and they win, not sure how that affects things if we beat them on the last game.. We will both be 12 and 4 and I believe the Steelers will hold the edge as they have the better division record.. 

So really it comes down to rooting like hell for the Colts next week.. GO Baltimore!! Never thought I would utter those words..

• Like 1

I don't think so. If we win against Jets then lose to the Steelers its like a 99% chance we are in. We were theorizing the computers must be taking into account a possible tie with the one of the other teams.. But if we take care of business with the Jets game, I think we are a shoe in.. But winning against the Stoolers in the last game of the year, AFC north Champs or not, it would send a message.

But God isn't it fun to be here!  Who would have thunk it ..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Have to beat the current champs to become the champs - this isn't a thing until after next Sunday.

Well...remember,  the Ravens are the reigning Champions of the AFCN,  and we did not beat them.   But if we can win the division without beating them, who gives a shit? 

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

We could theoretically have to beat the steelers twice in a row. If we win out we could be facing the steelers in the first round of the playoffs.

Well, I figure if we win out we would likely have the #3 seed. But I think that would happen only if  the Steelers also lose both of their remaining games.     The playoffs go like this:

#2  vs.   #7

#3 vs. #6

#4 vs. #5  

Right here, right now those matchups would be:    Buffalo vs. Miami;   Pittsburgh vs. Indianapolis;  Tennessee vs. Cleveland.

But I can't begin to tell you all the permutations that are out there to make a Browns/Steelers rematch happen.   

Let's start with this though:   have Raiders beat Dolphins on Saturday;   Browns beat Jets. Sunday,  and hope Indy takes out Pitt. 

• Upvote 1

Football is so much fun to watch !   :D

....... with a little bit of excitement thrown in these last two weeks.

GO BROWNS, and 11-4 this week......baby !

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I figure if we win out we would likely have the #3 seed. But I think that would happen only if  the Steelers also lose both of their remaining games.     The playoffs go like this:

#2  vs.   #7

#3 vs. #6

#4 vs. #5  

Right here, right now those matchups would be:    Buffalo vs. Miami;   Pittsburgh vs. Indianapolis;  Tennessee vs. Cleveland.

But I can't begin to tell you all the permutations that are out there to make a Browns/Steelers rematch happen.   

Let's start with this though:   have Raiders beat Dolphins on Saturday;   Browns beat Jets. Sunday,  and hope Indy takes out Pitt. 

I’d welcome that matchup.  If we can Try to establish the run against the Steelers we will be fine.  When we get all one dimensional on them it never ends well.  I feel like our young team would benefit from a third game with the Steelers and as we all mentioned prior to the first matchup- this is not Ben of 5/10 years ago.  This is stationary Ben that doesn’t challenge downfield like he used to-  and I like our chances with our defense playing in a box instead of rectangle. 

I don’t want anything to do with a running QB again- until we get backers and safeties let’s stay away from Lamar and Josh Allen