THE BROWNS BOARD

Wills on Covid List

Dutch Oven

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Please sweet baby Jesus...please can we have the gift of LT protection for the Jets game? 

The update is it's an exposure, not a positive test. So if he continues to test negative, he'll be able to play. I checked the depth chart- and there is none on the OL. Kendall Lamm- and that's it. if anyone got hurt should Wills not be able to play, we're up shit creek.  Expect a call up from the practice squad... 

Forgot there's Teller- but we need to get him as healthy as possible for the Steelers game... 

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The update is it's an exposure, not a positive test. So if he continues to test negative, he'll be able to play. I checked the depth chart- and there is none on the OL. Kendall Lamm- and that's it. if anyone got hurt should Wills not be able to play, we're up shit creek.  Expect a call up from the practice squad... 

Forgot there's Teller- but we need to get him as healthy as possible for the Steelers game... 

They would have to put like Austin Hooper in at LT or something like that.  Or a backup DL. 

Were now starting Tretter's sole back-up Nick Harris at RG..If Tretter falls down & can't get up? Harris has to slide to center..

Michael Dunn is now our sole roster'd back-up Guard..I remember him playing fairly well at Maryland. Kendall Lamm could swing either Tackle spot...The only 2 possible PS bring ups? 

67 Taylor**, Alex OT

63 Patterson, Javon OG

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/24/browns-injury-update-week-16-wyatt-teller-still-sits-9-players-limited-in-practice/

Christmas Eve saw the Cleveland Browns practice indoors due to inclement weather in Berea. It also saw several Browns sitting out at least part of the scheduled practice session.

Nine different players were listed as limited by the Browns in the post-practice injury report.

For two of the players, it was an upgrade from Wednesday’s “did not practice status. Both DT Sheldon Richardson (neck) and LB Malcolm Smith (hamstring) were back on the field as limited participants.

The remaining limited players:

• RT Jack Conklin (knee)
  • RB D’Ernest Johnson (groin)
  • CB Kevin Johnson (knee/groin)
  • WR KhaDarel Hodge (hamstring)
  • C JC Tretter (knee)
  • CB Denzel Ward (calf)
  • LB Sione Takitaki (knee)

The only player sitting out fully was right guard Wyatt Teller with his ankle injury. He is not expected to play in Week 16 or Week 17.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:35 PM, Vambo said:

The only player sitting out fully was right guard Wyatt Teller with his ankle injury. He is not expected to play in Week 16 or Week 17.

Teller injury is so devastating because we aren't the same running team without him. That being said, Nick Harris will have a week of practice at RG and SHOULD look a bit better, especially without having to deal with Quinnen Williams. Harris certainly wasn't BAD, but it was obvious we struggled running the rock. 

We don't have a defense, we all know it. That means we can't turn it over, we have to get 7 in the red zone, and we can't miss kicks. I'm telling you right now, the Jets WILL move the ball on us. We have a problem forcing punts. We also don't force turnovers anymore. Our defense does not get off the field. We have the absolute WORST 4th down defense in the league, and the Jets have nothing to lose so you can bet your ass they're going for it on 4th down. Our defense has given up 20-25 4th down conversions. Yo. 

The GOOD news is that we stopped the Giants twice last game on 4th down, which was huge, and we stopped Titans on a gigantic 4th, so perhaps we're trending in the right direction...but I wouldn't count on it. We can't cover the middle of the field, we're not great against the run, and all those turnovers we got early in the season that saved our asses have vanished quicker than my hairline. 

If we don't turn it over, we will win. It's really that simple. I expect a very close game, at least early, and I don't expect the Jets to roll over at all. 

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What is up with the turnover situation?  For the first half of the season we like led the league, but lately, almost nothing. 

It's tough for a defense to depend on turnovers, especially one that isn't stocked with that many above average talents. They are coming back to median.