THE BROWNS BOARD

Landry, Higgins, Hodge and DPJ Out for Jets

alporcini

8/9 man fronts tomorrow 
This is a Hooper and Bryant stretch the seams type game. Njoku too.  Does this guy want someone to pay him?  Show it tomorrow.

And the Defense- can you be a factor???. You got Sam fumble fingers Darnold and patch work Offense with some hobbled WRs.  Show something 

9 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

This is a Hooper and Bryant stretch the seams type game. Njoku too.  Does this guy want someone to pay him?  Show it tomorrow.

You mentioned him at WR in an earlier post. I'm looking forward to seeing what a little space might do for his game.

11 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

8/9 man fronts tomorrow 

Just means when Chubb pops one it's 6... ;)

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You mentioned him at WR in an earlier post. I'm looking forward to seeing what a little space might do for his game.

Just means when Chubb pops one it's 6... ;)

I think you stretch all three TEs at different points.

Maybe a 40/25 game tomorrow Run/Pass if Chubb is doing his thing 

We are fortunate that Stef runs a lot of heavy TE sets....such that we have a bunch of TE's on the roster.  Imagine if we ran the 'run and shoot'

I've been wanting to see what Derrick Willies can do....on the field....with no practice reps with the starters.  I can hear Baker in the huddle, "....and Willies, you go long...and you, what's you name...go short."  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Orion said:

We are fortunate that Stef runs a lot of heavy TE sets....such that we have a bunch of TE's on the roster.  Imagine if we ran the 'run and shoot'

I've been wanting to see what Derrick Willies can do....on the field....with no practice reps with the starters.  I can hear Baker in the huddle, "....and Willies, you go long...and you, what's you name...go short."  

I think Steve Carlson is there as well....isn't he?   

38 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

WISHBONE! OLD TIME FOOTBALL! BRONKO NAGURSKI FOOTBALL! 

You must be young......the Wishbone didn't really come in until the 70s with Barry Switzer at Oklahoma.   At least he was the one who utilized, popularized it.  And Baker is from OK...maybe he got some training in it. 

On the other hand, maybe what you would want is the "Robust backfield"  used by  Woody Hayes.    Jim Otis, John Brockington,  Larry Zelina.  

Or in 1963  Woody had  Matt Snell,  Tom Barrington....and  Paul Warfield in his backfield.  Yea, he had Warfield playing RB!

And Woody's Robust T is really just the  T formation that George Halas ran in the 30s and 40s....with Nagurski:

1920px-T_Formation.svg.png

Wishbone was a bit different:

1920px-Wishbone_Formation.svg.pngWhile the record books commonly refer to Emory Bellard developing the wishbone formation in 1968 as offensive coordinator at Texas,[2] the wishbone's roots can be traced back to the 1950s. According to Barry Switzer, it was Charles “Spud” Cason, football coach at William Monnig Junior High School of Fort Worth, Texas, who first modified the classic T formation in order “to get a slow fullback into the play quicker.”[3] Cason called the formation “Monnig T”. Bellard learned about Cason's tactics while coaching at Breckenridge High School, a small community west of Fort Worth.

Mary Kay Cabot said in her podcast earlier this week that the only thing that could derail us was covid and I laughed. 

Grrrrrrrr 

3 hours ago, Orion said:

OMG.  Our best wr will be Derrick Willies.  We're fucked.

Heavy TE sets commin' atchya.

ha ha ha ha....who would have thunk it....looked like the clowns were going to make it to the playoffs...pffffft....mr covid gets them.....big game for miami tonight...looks like they will be in with the ravens and either the titans or the colts....oh well....fucking chuckies defense shines once again.....looks like flores will get coach of the yr also.....fucking  covid...

Just now, Silver slayer said:

I was  40,000 feet  watching nfl net on phone when I got this news, ughhh...

We'll be okay,  hunt may never leave the field but we win

we ain't going to be ok....jets have been playing their best ball the last couple weeks.....we are fucked......unreal....don't forget that not only are all those wr's out...our ol si banged up which means the jets will play the run and poor ole baker will have no one to throw to....and the jets always play us tough anyway....just plain ole bad luck as usual...

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Mary Kay Cabot said in her podcast earlier this week that the only thing that could derail us was covid and I laughed. 

Grrrrrrrr 

heh heh heh.......and you are surprised.......this team will never ever see the superbowl....they will be lucky to see the playoffs....even with an extra team, we won't get in....

18 minutes ago, browns52 said:

heh heh heh.......and you are surprised.......this team will never ever see the superbowl....they will be lucky to see the playoffs....even with an extra team, we won't get in....

Go root for the Chiefs or Packers then...

The hell with what breaks other teams got....What we have is what we have. Now we have a challenge & an opportunity for innovation/success.

Who knows, but what previously overlooked "superstar" or "plan of attack" may show up today? This is gonna be interesting!

Certainly not your normal game, but I think we have the right folks in charge. Time to overcome adversity.

GO BROWNS!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Well, if we ran the run and shoot, we would have less tight ends and more receivers somewhere on the roster, even if a few more on the practice squad.