THE BROWNS BOARD

Meyer to JAX?

MLD Woody

Can't hate on Urban for that -- OSU was his dream college job; pro is an entirely different ballgame.

Even though Urban's run game is relatively well documented, Urban's most trusted thing was QB runs.. which gets QB's killed in the NFL because there's only one Lamar Jackson.  Can he call his games [esp close ones] differently?

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Can't hate on Urban for that -- OSU was his dream college job; pro is an entirely different ballgame.

Even though Urban's run game is relatively well documented, Urban's most trusted thing was QB runs.. which gets QB's killed in the NFL because there's only one Lamar Jackson.  Can he call his games [esp close ones] differently?

Might be where Dwayne Haskins winds up....

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Coaches like him and Saban, part of what makes them such great college coaches, is their ability to recruit. Yes... There's some below board, bagmen type things going on there, but it's still a skill. That also means they have the better roster in just about every game they play. That won't be the case in the NFL so it will be interesting to see how he does. 

50 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

There's some below board, bagmen type things

Fun Historical Fact about Michigan.  Or perhaps this page listing dozens! I am genuinely confused.. which scandal type is unique to urban meyer?

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean there aren't any college coeds

If you're going to run dirt, at least get your conspiracy theory correct.  It was rumored that his "heart condition" from Florida was sex with a booster's daughter.

Conveniently, the NFL is quite poor, so sex and money are obviously not an issue there.

Speaking of running dirt, how's the Harbaugh contract extensions going? Please make him coach for life.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Fun Historical Fact about Michigan.  Or perhaps this page listing dozens! I am genuinely confused.. which scandal type is unique to urban meyer?

If you're going to run dirt, at least get your conspiracy theory correct.  It was rumored that his "heart condition" from Florida was sex with a booster's daughter.

Conveniently, the NFL is quite poor, so sex and money are obviously not an issue there.

Speaking of running dirt, how's the Harbaugh contract extensions going? Please make him coach for life.

And the second one was after attempting to protect a domestic abuser, correct?

Zach just had to get all of those damn dildos sent to the office!

The great thing about TTUN fan getting on the moral high ground is that they get a great view of Ohio State beating their favorite team's ass every year...

Well, ALMOST every year. A convenient Covid scare saved them this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The great thing about TTUN fan getting on the moral high ground is that they get a great view of Ohio State beating their favorite team's ass every year...

Well, ALMOST every year. A convenient Covid scare saved them this year. 

The “moral” high ground over OSU (most of time) is a stretch and is the only thing they can celebrate these days. They have been relegated to rooting for teams to beat OSU while losing to their in state rivals that they refer to as little brother. 

There is no other program in college football that pounds it’s chest better in September but then quietly retreats to a moral high ground in November. 

But they have cool uniforms and great players from Cleveland that still hang onto the past prestige of the program.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is he physically able to coach again?

And he makes the jump to the NFL for the..... Jacksonville Jaguars? 

He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

12 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He didn't resign/retire because of his health issues.  He resigned because the university didn't have his back in the whole Zach Smith scandal.  In fact president drake and he most powerful board member, Les Wexner's wife, wanted him fired. The rest of the board didn't want to suspend him.  He told them that day if they suspended him at all he would be "retiring" at the end of the season. 

Regardless, Meyer has dealt with crippling migraines that I'm not sure have gone away. 

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Well  that is, I believe just your speculation.  The fact is, he had a tumor. 

Get To Da Treatment - Imgflip

50 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

You believe what you want and I'll trust what I heard from someone privy to that information and meeting. 

Oh, I believe your story too. I think both him being mad at getting suspended and his that his health was bothering him were true. 

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh, I believe your story too. I think both him being mad at getting suspended and his that his health was bothering him were true. 

Right,  both may have been true.  The tumor though, is a know fact.   The other, is still a rumor or speculation.....but it may have been true.  Of course ....Icecube has all his "inside information" on the OBJ situation may have been as accurate as this. 

I personally don't think it is a great idea. I still see him as a college guy. 

You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You know, Texas now has an opening.   

That's the job I would take if I were him. 

I have serious questions about his offensive philosophy working in the NFL, and he is a fantastic recruiter, which means his teams almost always are more talented than the opposition in college. Who different world in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the job I would take if I were him. 

I have serious questions about his offensive philosophy working in the NFL, and he is a fantastic recruiter, which means his teams almost always are more talented than the opposition in college. Who different world in the NFL. 

that and as someone said he likes running qb's  

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You know, Texas now has an opening.  If there is one college program that can match OSU for revenue.....and the money they pay their HC, it is Texas.  You never know about that. 

I personally do NOT think that Doug Marrone should go anywhere.  I think he is a pretty good coach....but was saddled with a team that was clearly tanking for Trevor.   So, Mission Accomplished.   Let the guy that you threw to the Wolves no go rescue Grandma.

There are other NFL jobs that will be up:

DumbAss Texans.     Detroit.  Maybe Denver.    Maybe The Bengals.  Mike Browns may jump high and broad to bring Meyer in there.   Atlanta is open.   Jets maybe.  

Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

Texas doesn't have an opening, Steve Sarkisian took the job about an hour after it opened up.

He is just staying with Alabama through the title game

Ahh...is that official? 

Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Ahh...is that official? 

Maybe he can go to Arizona.   I think there is an opening there....and it is where what I would call  "semi-retired" coaches go. Ones that have already succeeded elsewhere and go to Tuscon for the weather. 

I wouldn't touch Arizona with a 10 foot pole if I were him. Certainly not compared to an NFL team, but even if just college. Harder to get biggest recruits, and Pac 12 just is at a disadvantage when it comes to playoff.

Take Clemson out because they are just a top notch program recently. There are 4 programs in the country that would get in CFP if everything is equal (I.e. same record etc.): Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas. Not saying that everything can always match up equally, but those are probably THE top 4 programs looked at in that way