THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

. did rudullf get a concussion? NO. I think it was redwine who went up and grazed ruddullf's helmet with both hands. Could have been called. YES.... I cringed and was surprised it wasn't. Changed the game in any way? NO.

violent in any way? NO. Injure the little squealer sissy qb? NO NO NO.

The hit on Peoples-Jones could have left him paralyzed.

Over the years, plenty of folks have noticed the squeelers get breaks on officiating, not just Browns fans.

You sit down to pee, don't you? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The hit on Peoples-Jones could have left him paralyzed.

Not really...

... and the hit was legit by the book.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Not really...

to the back? I disagree. And yes, I said I looked it up and it says "to the head or neck". go back and look.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why hoorta gets so tired of you. 

He doesn't.  He just doesn't like  threads getting bogged down in intercine arguments.    But as an attorney/magistrate  I know that it is these internecine arguments that take place, and which are at the crux  our democracy, to the continued existence of our freedoms that we enjoy in this country.   And just what is it about the United States of America that you hate? 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Does being the designated SUPER HOMER fan on here come with a cape? 

I don't think of myself as a Super Homer at all.  I as much as anyone  criticize this team.   But I don't cowtow, and bend over and play the quisling to fans of other teams.....Which you are seemingly endorsing as a modus operandi.    No Thank you. I prefer to preserve my integrity. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

And just what is it about the United States of America that you hate? 

Lawyers, of course. 

Have you ever met one? Holy shit, a more self-important person has never walked the earth. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh can we stop with the "THE REFS KEEP SCREWING US" whining from the same two guys after every fucking game?

On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns pass rusher and there was no flag. 

True Dat- normally, you as much touch the opposing QBs helmet, it's 15 yards.  I don't know their names- but we got one of the top NFL reffing crews- I know the Head Ref has done several Super Bowls, and they were going by playoff reffing standards- one week early. 

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not really...

How so Tour?  The Squealer clearly led by his helmet square into People-Jones back. Then his facemask got pulled on the way down. I couldn't DVR the game, so just my initial impression there. My only gripe on the officiating. 

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Without Lawyers, there would be no USA, no democracy.   That is absolutely true. 

Then do me a big favor and go over to the polyboard where they have zero understanding or intent to follow the Constitution. They need real legal input.

• Haha 1

A couple random thoughts about the game today.

The Oline didn’t seem to be their sharpest today. Bitonio seemed to have a particularly un-Bitonio like day, at least by the standards l’m used to seeing from him. I counted 2 false starts and he got beat badly on at least one play to allow a pressure or sack. 

Rudolph ain’t that bad looking a QB. There were a couple plays he wasn’t on the same page as his receivers, but he can drop some dimes. The Browns’ coverage wasn’t horrendous. The Steeler receivers just made some tough catches in tight windows. 

My man Jacob Phillips had some shining moments. Good to see that. His speed is nice to see at the LB spot, and he don’t like to let go when he gets his hands on the ball carrier. Mack Wilson take note. 

Vernon going down was an “oh noooo” moment. In another thread l characterized Ogunjobi as a guy who starts the season hot but tapers off from there. Vernon seems to be the opposite. He’ll be missed if he misses the next game. 

Speaking of wearing down, does it seem like Chubb is keeping his steam but Hunt is not these last few games?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh can we stop with the "THE REFS KEEP SCREWING US" whining from the same two guys after every fucking game?

On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns pass rusher and there was no flag. 

Don't forget on the game clinching drive the first 8 yard run by chubb was aided by wyatt teller bear hugging and tackling his man to the ground.  Every fan base thinks the refs screwed them. 

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Don't forget on the game clinching drive the first 8 yard run by chubb was aided by wyatt teller bear hugging and tackling his man to the ground.  Every fan base thinks the refs screwed them. 

That is true too. 

42 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

to the back? I disagree. And yes, I said I looked it up and it says "to the head or neck". go back and look.

If it is not to the head or neck area the tackling player must lead the crown of his helmet and "launch" to make the tackle. I believe he launched but don't know for sure.  I do know he didn't make contact with the crown of the helmet. Unless the crown would be considered the brow area of the helmet. 

Game thoughts... including a couple repeats...

Offense...

• Baker needs to chill... once again today was a steady diet of fastballs... all just off-target enough to cause his target to have have to lay out or dive or slide ending up on the ground. A little YAC would be nice now and then.
  • I can only recall one pass with any touch at all... the deep sideline completion to Higgins in our FG drive IIRC.... and it hit Higgins in stride. Coincidence?
  • On the plus side Baker only forced on throw that I can recall... the circle route to Chubb up the sideline.
  • Our receivers' hands shone today.
  • How can the run game click so well with Chubb, but sputter with Hunt? I believe Chubb is the better back, but not head and shoulders better.
  • Our OL missed Callahan, but I have the strong feeling that he was in the locker room virtually at halftime. We looked better in the 2nd half... and most importantly we made it through unscathed.
  • Stef can and will need to help the OL out more come Sunday. Call a few screens... a draw her e and there... cool that pass rush just a little. I had the feeling he was serving up vanilla all game saving the good stuff for next week (same for PTG).

Defense...

• I fear Vernon's ankle is of the "high" variety. We are going to need him badly in seven days. He was having himself a game today.
  • MG is not quite the same since his bout with Covid. Might consider putting him on a pitch count early.
  • Clayborn had a really nice game... that bull rush of Danny was a thing of beauty.
  • We are going to need a lot more production out of our IDL in a week... and against their starting IOL to boot.
  • Taylor had a good game, maybe his best as a Brown, but Ogun and Richardson? Did the latter even play?
  • As others have noted Phillips came thru big time today... can still see him knifing thru blockers on the wide run left early on for his TFL. Could be another case of "finally healthy".
  • Said in the Tavern this might have been the fastest 2ndary we've fielded this year. Even Joseph looked faster today... but that may have been because he played downhill all game long. Man..... he brought some shots. Of course we get even faster with Ward's return... ;)
  • CBs gave up a couple plays, but made even more. Jackson and Mitchell completed hard.

S/Ts...

Solid outing... did their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

A couple random thoughts about the game today.

The Oline didn’t seem to be their sharpest today. Bitonio seemed to have a particularly un-Bitonio like day, at least by the standards l’m used to seeing from him. I counted 2 false starts and he got beat badly on at least one play to allow a pressure or sack. 

Rudolph ain’t that bad looking a QB. There were a couple plays he wasn’t on the same page as his receivers, but he can drop some dimes. The Browns’ coverage wasn’t horrendous. The Steeler receivers just made some tough catches in tight windows. 

My man Jacob Phillips had some shining moments. Good to see that. His speed is nice to see at the LB spot, and he don’t like to let go when he gets his hands on the ball carrier. Mack Wilson take note. 

Vernon going down was an “oh noooo” moment. In another thread l characterized Ogunjobi as a guy who starts the season hot but tapers off from there. Vernon seems to be the opposite. He’ll be missed if he misses the next game. 

Speaking of wearing down, does it seem like Chubb is keeping his steam but Hunt is not these last few games?

1) Bitonio did have a sub par game.

2) Rudolph plain got lucky on those duck bombs.  

3) If Vernon is seriously hurt we're hurt. 

4) I mentioned to Tour- what's with rotating Chubb and Hunt? Based on production, Nick should be in there for 75% of the snaps.   

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

I said that before about us not showing are hand but i agree did we even throw a screen ? or ever have hunt and chub in the backfield at the same time ? 

maybe we will next week

I saw us call one screen.  It was a mid screen going to Hunt, but the Steelers sniffed it out.  Baker did the right thing and actually picked up 3 yards on it but came up half a yard short on the first. Resulting in 4th down. There were only like 2 times I saw chubb and hunt in the backfield together. In shotgun both started next to baker and hunt motioned out both times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I saw us call one screen.  It was a mid screen going to Hunt, but the Steelers sniffed it out.  Baker did the right thing and actually picked up 3 yards on it but came up half a yard short on the first. Resulting in 4th down. There were only like 2 times I saw chubb and hunt in the backfield together. In shotgun both started next to baker and hunt motioned out both times. 

thanks

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Then do me a big favor and go over to the polyboard where they have zero understanding or intent to follow the Constitution. They need real legal input.

Only if I am paid....in advance, my hourly rate.  $200 per.  I have not raised it in like 10 years, so you all would be getting off cheap. 

seemed like? Hunt was affected by the missing of practice time & reps..His timing to OL holes was either well behind..or showed no patience .. but damm he runs hard on contact..he drug 2 steelqueers 2 yards up field.. leg squats baby!  Hunt will bounce back from this

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Prove it gipper you, stupid fuck. Jesus Christ you are annoying. Take some of your time you apparently have in abundance to make the posts no one reads and compile a video of the holds that transpired today. I'll wait. 

All I know is the Browns got a few calls their way today... that pick and non call of roughing the QB comes to mind. 

I don't whine about calls, because my super human level (by today's standard) of common sense says that there are no NFL conspiracies to help any specific team, and sometimes the calls go against you....  and sometimes for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

fuck pit