THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

Cleveland, Ohio. 

December 3rd, 36 degrees, around 1 degree if you use a proper system. 

January football, as always, smells to playoffs. Games where hits hurt more, weather is less of a friend, and every single inch matters.

Because January football means playoffs. And this is a playoff game. 

2020 was a tough year for everyone, so 2021 already looks more promising. A year where the whole world can beat a pandemic virus, where hope arises from the ashes and even teams which have failed for years, with 18 years of only suffering and vague hopes, can finally play January football. 

And no one will ever take that from us. The 10-5 Browns will face the already clinched 12-3 Steelers, who have lost 3 of their last 4 games, and they depend on themselves to play more January football.

This team has brought joy to a fandom that saw playoffs as a childish dream at the season premiere. They have learnt and battled every passing week. This is not the same old Browns. No one can take that from us. 

Win, and we are in. 

I want more January football. 

Cleveland wants more January football.

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Fahrenheit is the proper system. I will explain further when I have time. 

Please don't.  Mod edit: Show of hands- should I delete that OT comment, or just kick Gipper off until after the game is over?  

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Cleveland, Ohio. 

December 3, 36 degrees, around 1 degree if you use a proper system. 

January football, as always, smells to playoffs. Games where hits hurt more, weather is less of a friend, and every single inch matters.

Because January football means playoffs. And this is a playoff game. 

2020 was a tough year for everyone, so 2021 already looks more promising. A year where the whole world can beat a pandemic virus, where hope arises from the ashes and even teams which have failed for years, with 18 years of only suffering and vague hopes, can finally play January football. 

And no one will ever take that from us. The 10-5 Browns will face the already clinched 12-4 Steelers, who have lost 3 of their last 4 games, and they depend on themselves to play more January football.

This team has brought joy to a fandom that saw playoffs as a childish dream at the season premiere. They have learnt and battled every passing week. This is not the same old Browns. No one can take that from us. 

Win, and we are in. 

I want more January football. 

Cleveland wants more January football.

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nice work, you croquetas eating MFer!

Let's go, the rest of you pancake-eating motherfuckers!!! Its GAMEDAY!! 

STEELER WEEK!

PLAYOFFS!

One Time, Baby, One Time!

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Please don't.  Mod edit: Show of hands- should I delete that OT comment, or just kick Gipper off until after the game is over?  

What are you afraid of?  A little knowledge? 

I will keep it simple:   it is believed by some that more simple units of measurements are those that measure things on a  0-10 or 0-100 basis.   When it comes to the measurement of temperatures where human beings exist, it is the F system that does that.   Basically we live in the 0-100  range on the F scale.   Above or below those temperatures are very extreme conditions.    We certainly do not live on the 0-100 scale on the C scale.  Fully half of that temperature scale is unusable when dealing with   human living conditions. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What are you afraid of?  A little knowledge? 

I will keep it simple:   it is believed by some that more simple units of measurements are those that measure things on a  0-10 or 0-100 basis.   When it comes to the measurement of temperatures where human beings exist, it is the F system that does that.   Basically we live in the 0-100  range on the F scale.   Above or below those temperatures are very extreme conditions.    We certainly do not live on the 0-100 scale on the C scale.  Fully half of that temperature scale is unusable when dealing with   human living conditions. 

Dude! It's Gameday! Steeler Week!

Let's Go!!!

Zombo

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nero said:

December 3, 36 degrees, around 1 degree if you use a proper system.

Actually it is over 2 deg C... (36-32)/1.8 = 4/1.8 = 2.22222222...

I'm not only here to correct your occasional English faux pas....

Proper is in the eye of the beholder, however, what is undeniable is that your "proper system" is less precise.

As is degrees Kelvin vs. Rankin... ;)

Just now, tiamat63 said:

@Nero

American football and Fahrenheit are a package deal.  Learn to love it.

A Spaniard starting a Gameday thread and some metrical system roasting are a package deal. Learn to love it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Actually it is over 2 deg C... (36-32)/1.8 = 4/1.8 = 2.22222222...

I'm not only here to correct your occasional English faux pas....

Proper is in the eye of the beholder, however, what is undeniable is that your "proper system" is less precise.

As is degrees Kelvin vs. Rankin... ;)

Now I now how the conversion works, thanks. I knew 32F was near 0C and that's pretty much about it. 

The calorie is a unit of energy defined as the amount of heat needed to raise a quantity of water by one degree of temperature.

As for Farenheit, it can be more precise, the problem it's not relatable to other units like calories and almost exclusive to America I believe. 

But most important. It's a fucking joke. 

Go Browns!!! 

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

The calorie is a unit of energy defined as the amount of heat needed to raise a quantity of water by one degree of temperature.

As for Farenheit (sic), it can be more precise, the problem it's not relatable to other units like calories and almost exclusive to America I believe. 

Calorie and Celsius are related arbitrary units of measure.

Fahrenheit, while also arbitrary, at least was developed by the guy that invented the mercury thermometer, the first device to accurately measure temperature... so there's that.

Both set a high and low the same way, freezing and boiling points of water, the then divide the expanse in equal units. Because Fahrenheit divides the range into more units and because temperature is discussed as integers, it is therefore more precise.

And Liberia uses deg F as well.... ;)

GO Browns!

1 hour ago, Nero said:

A Spaniard starting a Gameday thread and some metrical system roasting are a package deal. Learn to love it. 

Apparently in Spain it is only December 3rd and the Steelers have already played 16 games this season... 😁

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nero said:

Now I now how the conversion works, thanks. I knew 32F was near 0C and that's pretty much about it. 

As for Farenheit, it can be more precise, the problem it's not relatable to other units like calories and almost exclusive to America I believe. 

But most important. It's a fucking joke. 

Go Browns!!! 

Us scientists have been using the metric system for years. Americans are just too stubborn or Retarded to convert to the system 95% of the rest of the world uses. Gipper's pills are measured in grams, milligrams,  or micrograms.  Buying gas by the liter is more precise than buying it by the gallon.  

Sheeze. 0 C= freezing. 100 C= boiling.  37 C human body temperature.  

Shut the hell up already Gipper. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Buying gas by the liter is more precise than buying it by the gallon.  

Ummmm.... but those litres are much more expensive.

plus my pump here in East Texas all report gallons to three decimal places...

Just sayin'... ;)

GO BROWNS!

It's so touching that the Cleveland Browns can even unite people with different unit systems in the same fandom. I'm almost in tears. 

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spain DRIVES on the RIGHT side of the road. Check. But they use Celsius? Instead of Fahrenheit?

One right out of two...oh well.

One more time - every single freaking time, these Cleveland Browns have WON at least one game after a loss. I think it was four games won after a loss - twice.

Isn't a matter of hoping - we KNOW the Browns are going to leave it all out on the field - and kick squealers arse every minute of the entire game.

Oh, man - and I have root beer in the fridge!!!!!!!

Except I have cowboy coffee steaming until it boils for three minutes...

Kick. Pittsburg's ARSE dammit! I hope the Browns sack you know who til he cries and takes himself out of the game.

Win. Win big. I heard Woody Hayes talk about how football is war, in person.

"Wayne Woodrow Hayes saw combat duty in the Pacific during World War II and coached football like he was MacArthur storming the islands. "

Storm the Squealers til the clock hit's 00:00. Let's ROCK.

Weather temps? I'm building programs on weather who's playing or not :lol:

Tossed together some "who's that guy?" that may see playing time...Jersey numbers are attached...

55 LB
52 LB
50 LB
41 LB

68 G
62 G
67 OG
60 T

38 CB
34 CB
36 CB
20 CB

33 S
35 S
37 S
29 S

Covid OUTS...

C

88 TE
93 LB
28 CB
23 S
56 LB
21 CB

OL Coach Bill Callahan :( & his assistant will also be out....

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

OL Coach Bill Callahan :( & his assistant will also be out...

Should be OK... Bill does his real work during the week.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Football isn't war.

War is war. 

Sure, but Woody Hayes was just as intense about football. and he was a great speaker - really inspiring. Just crazy intense about football. It's just an analogy...