THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 18: Browns vs Steelers Wild Card Game

Dutch Oven

18 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Im not going anywhere, like i said with gipper earlier if I'm right i expect you in here eating some crow.  I have never ever hid on this board and i'm not about to start.  I stand behind what i say no matter what I say. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i'm currently not worried about the steelers.  The virus and injuries are the biggest factors. 

i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Quoting   Max Kellerman:   " But the Steelers are NOT the same old Steelers.   They can't run the ball.  They don't throw the ball  more than a few yards downfield.  They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

he is the only one looking at the game without looking at the past Look we gonna move on to the next round

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

i agree...the crow is not the browns losing....because they will....covid got them....my point is the steelers are going nowhere after this round.....

It's funny that you blame covid but ignore the fucked schedule and covid that set the steelers on a shit path before regathering themselves in the Second half of the Colts game. How does that work exactly? 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

It's funny that you blame covid but ignore the fucked schedule and covid that set the steelers on a shit path before regathering themselves in the Second half of the Colts game. How does that work exactly? 

WTF are you talking about?   The Steelers WON all those games wherein they were being shuffled around with their schedule....because the reason they were being shuffled around was because the other team was having fucked up Covid issues. They lost the games they lost on the days they were regularly schedule. 

Week 12

Wed., Dec. 2 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens (Heinz Field), 3:40 p.m. ET on NBC

Final Score: Steelers 19, Ravens 14

Week 13

Mon., Dec. 7 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Washington (Heinz Field), 5 p.m. ET on FOX

Final Score: Washington 23, Steelers 17

Week 14

Sun., Dec. 13 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills (Bills Stadium), 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC (Sunday Night Football)

Final Score: Bills 26, Steelers 15

Week 15

Mon., Dec. 21 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals (Paul Brown Stadium), 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN (Monday Night Football)

Final Score: Bengals 27, Steelers 17

Week 16

Sun., Dec. 27 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts (Heinz Field), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

Final Score: Steelers 28, Colts 24

Week 17

Sun., Jan. 3 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns (FirstEnergy Stadium), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

Final Score: Browns 24, Steelers 22

On 1/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Buffalo laid the groundwork for beating the non running dink & dunk Steelers.

They got physical with the WR’s on the line, which also gave their pass rush a blink of a second longer to get to Ben.

In that game Ben was 21/37 for 187 yards with 2 TD’s & 2 picks

went into gamepass to watch this game... your spot on how Woods should prepare & attack this game...

On 1/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, SdBacker80 said:

Bring the house!!! Try to disrupt his throws.  Not in Woods DNA but he needs to change for this one.

You are right...

you sir are also right.. we got to tackle like the Bills corners did though.. missed tackles in press man turn into big YAC's. Bring Phillips! he can get there..

On 1/7/2021 at 3:33 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Myles who hasn’t been right lately shows up big against a guy he does well against.  He’s a game wrecker.  He needs to wreck the Steelers game plan....prevent scoring drives  

I want to see a Tip & pick starting with Garrett this week. I get #95 can't get tips coming in the QB's backdoor, but sometime wait 2 seconds on Ben & get those big Paws up..  Clayborn's wingspan starts at 6'4"... Vernon's started at 6'2"... I like the next post down.. Get those longer wings up in Ben's passing windows & do it under 2.5 seconds.. 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

Forget the house... ^ this...

The DL can't get there if he's throwing short, so follow his eyes into the passing lanes and go tip drill on his ass.

Best defensive plan I've read all week... backup DT's Vincent Taylor & Jordan Elliott are 6'4'..Ogun & Shelton are both 6'2".. Jacob Phillips has the wheels to blitz Ben.. hope to see it.. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Have the Coverage match the pressure...which we don’t do a lot.  We don’t really jam WRs a lot because we don’t have the 6’2’’ 210 corners 

Getting Ward back can fix a lot things.. Keeps Mitchell in the slot where he belongs, matching to Pitts WR D.Johnson..They picked on Robert Jackson & Mitchell outside last week.. Jackson is 6'2' 205, and gained a ton of experience last week...We also just added CB Brian Allen from Bengals PS, and a former Squeeler.. He's 6'3 215 👀.. Maybe now we can Jam outside JuJu & Claypool? I say the same thing every draft.. Draft tall/long armed Corners with burner speed..Could this be the draft we do it?

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They have no one in their defensive backfield that scares anyone"  

Watch the ballhawk #39 with the name Fitzpatrick on his back..First name Minkah

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....he looked at the past....the past 5 games where the Steelers lost  4 out of 5 of them. 

Here lies the biggest key to the Rematch..^^

Vag's says his team got covid schedule tired.. I call that BS... A gameday fresh* Shlitzberg offense can't score points in the 1st half..So Let's, JUMP ON THEM EARLY !! and keep scoring as I watched in Tennessee till half...(than bite our nails again holding on)

Fact! Ben has not scored 14 points in the 1st half since Week 13 at Home in a Loss to Washington👀

Week 14 Bills, Ben scored 7... Week 15 at Bengals, Ben scored 0... Week 16 vs Colts..Ben was losing to Colts 21 Ben 7... Week 17 Macy Rudolph was worth 2 fg's scoring 6 points before half.. 

Don't hold nothing back when their backs are already against the Wall.. Attack! Attack! and do it early.. Smart Fake Punts?/Priefer opening with a Onside kick? get them out of sync & steal some possessions..  

• Upvote 1

Drafting tall, long-armed corners with burner speed is easier said than done.

There's a reason why there aren't a lot of 6'2 or taller corners - tall CBs generally do not have quick twitch reaction skills. They might be fast in a straight line for 40 yards, but they struggle getting in and out of breaks. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:39 AM, Icecube said:

Pitt favored by 4 to 4.5 right now. 

Yes, it's surprising some people that it's so close.

Has home field been reduced this season from +3?  Sorry, but I haven't been paying attention to that.  Everyone is loving the underdog and betting CLE, thus driving the spread down, down, down.  It will probably be lower by kickoff time.

For me, the greatest accomplishment is that the NFL has made it through the regular season.  I was doubtful that the NFL would make it half this far.

CLE needs to pound the rock; kill the clock; wear out the PIT defense.  I admire teams that can run the ball well.

33 minutes ago, Dick Mellon said:

Yes, it's surprising some people that it's so close.

Has home field been reduced this season from +3?  Sorry, but I haven't been paying attention to that.  Everyone is loving the underdog and betting CLE, thus driving the spread down, down, down.  It will probably be lower by kickoff time.

For me, the greatest accomplishment is that the NFL has made it through the regular season.  I was doubtful that the NFL would make it half this far.

CLE needs to pound the rock; kill the clock; wear out the PIT defense.  I admire teams that can run the ball well.

I think the line is around 7 points now? 

The Browns also need to crowd your WRs and take away the quick, short passing game. Unfortunately, the Browns secondary is not set up to do this. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think the line is around 7 points now? 

The Browns also need to crowd your WRs and take away the quick, short passing game. Unfortunately, the Browns secondary is not set up to do this. 

Last I saw it was 6 but wouldn't be surprised if it's now 7. 

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

WTF are you talking about?   The Steelers WON all those games wherein they were being shuffled around with their schedule....because the reason they were being shuffled around was because the other team was having fucked up Covid issues. They lost the games they lost on the days they were regularly schedule. 

Week 12

Wed., Dec. 2 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens (Heinz Field), 3:40 p.m. ET on NBC

Final Score: Steelers 19, Ravens 14

Week 13

Mon., Dec. 7 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Washington (Heinz Field), 5 p.m. ET on FOX

Final Score: Washington 23, Steelers 17

Week 14

Sun., Dec. 13 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills (Bills Stadium), 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC (Sunday Night Football)

Final Score: Bills 26, Steelers 15

Week 15

Mon., Dec. 21 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals (Paul Brown Stadium), 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN (Monday Night Football)

Final Score: Bengals 27, Steelers 17

Week 16

Sun., Dec. 27 — Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts (Heinz Field), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

Final Score: Steelers 28, Colts 24

Week 17

Sun., Jan. 3 — Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns (FirstEnergy Stadium), 1 p.m. ET on CBS

Final Score: Browns 24, Steelers 22

No bye week and all those games straight created a slew of injuries and mentally worn down players which is why the steelers hit the skid they did. I've made that pretty clear on multiple occasions and I know you've read them. Go cherry pick somewhere else. 

46 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No bye week and all those games straight created a slew of injuries and mentally worn down players which is why the steelers hit the skid they did. I've made that pretty clear on multiple occasions and I know you've read them. Go cherry pick somewhere else. 

I read that.  It was bullshit then and it is bullshit now.   The only thing you are making clear is that you are making excuses.  The Browns have not had a bye week in nearly as long....and have had a hell of a lot more injuries and Covid cases than the Squibs have.

Go take your excuses somewhere else. 

Some good, late news...

Browns remove Ronnie Harrison, 3 others from COVID list; CBs Ward and Johnson still on

The Browns got good and bad news Saturday.

Cleveland's starting strong safety Ronnie Harrison, who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week, was removed from the reserve/COVID-19 list following a series of negative tests, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The team announced tight end Harrison Bryant and linebackers Malcolm Smith and Montrel Meander were also removed from the COVID list in time to take on the Steelers on Sunday night.

Cleveland is still without two starting cornerbacks, however. Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson will remain on the list and won't play on Super Wild Card Weekend, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

The Browns' roster and coaching staff have been ravaged by COVID-19 in recent weeks. Guard Joel Bitonio and receiver KhaDarel Hodge also won't be available Sunday.

On the sidelines, the Browns will be without head coach Kevin Stefanski, after he tested positive on Tuesday, and other assistants against the Steelers. Special teams coach Mike Priefer will be taking over head-coaching duties.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-might-revisit-game-status-browns-tested-positive-covid-19-thursday

I also heard Alex van Pelt will be calling plays for Baker & Co.

I saw a post this week on a Steeler Form.  “Conspiracy theory.  The NFL wants the Browns to Win.”  Basically the NFL feels sorry for Cleveland and it’s fans. 

Really???

Because they are postponing the game?

or 

Because they are allowing our coaches to stay connected with the team during the game?

or

Because they cancelled the Jets game?

Delusional. 

Can we please win this one- find a way.  If it means we get rolled next week so be it. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Some good, late news...

I also heard Alex van Pelt will be calling plays for Baker & Co.

he will be - but he will do a good job. Despite it all, I believe the Browns will play one of their best games of the year.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I read that.  It was bullshit then and it is bullshit now.   The only thing you are making clear is that you are making excuses.  The Browns have not had a bye week in nearly as long....and have had a hell of a lot more injuries and Covid cases than the Squibs have.

Go take your excuses somewhere else. 

Excuses? I'm not making excuses. They lost those games and they shouldn't have but some of you dumb fucks can't blame covid/injuries if I can't too. You know better or do you? 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

he will be - but he will do a good job. Despite it all, I believe the Browns will play one of their best games of the year.

One thing for sure... PTG won't have any recent data on his call tendencies.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I saw a post this week on a Steeler Form.  “Conspiracy theory.  The NFL wants the Browns to Win.”  Basically the NFL feels sorry for Cleveland and it’s fans. 

Really???

Because they are postponing the game?

or 

Because they are allowing our coaches to stay connected with the team during the game?

or

Because they cancelled the Jets game?

Delusional. 

Can we please win this one- find a way.  If it means we get rolled next week so be it. 

What steeler forum? Lol. That is written no where in any of mine and I hold my steeler stuff to a required Standard of minimal bs. There are fringe, nutty fans everywhere but I promise you this isn't a real narrative in any of my circles. 

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Excuses? I'm not making excuses. They lost those games and they shouldn't have but some of you dumb fucks can't blame covid/injuries if I can't too. You know better or do you? 

I know that it seems you are already making excuses for perhaps losing a game you should win with ease 

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

What steeler forum? Lol. That is written no where in any of mine and I hold my steeler stuff to a required Standard of minimal bs. There are fringe, nutty fans everywhere but I promise you this isn't a real narrative in any of my circles. 

So you are saying you are out of touch 

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Come on man, you are making yourself look like a troll with some of these posts.

1. You never replied to being pointed out that your argument how unfair 3 games in 12 days was sooooooo unfair, when most teams do that yearly (Sunday, Sunday, Thursday or vice versa)

2. You want us to believe you that the team the 1st 11 weeks was the REAL Steelers, yet you continue to point out the amount of injuries they have had. 

These things can certainly be looked at as just being a fan. So you are given a pass on them as not "excuses", BUT...

3. The notion that Pittsburgh (as the example being used) has turned everything back around based on ONE HALF of football is (in my best Stephen A Smith voice, "Asinine, Asiten, Asieleven, Asitwelve"

Here are some notable games THIS year of games that one half didn't tell the story:

Week 2: Chargers over Chiefs

Week 4: Chargers over Bucs

Week 5: Vikings over Seahawks; Raiders over Chiefs; Bonus entire game: Titans by 26 over Bills

Week 6: Eagles over Ravens (2nd half like yours); Bonus- Bucs by 28 over Packers

Week 7: Titans 2nd half over Steelers

Week 8: Vikings over Packers

Week 10: Patriots over Ravens; Colts 2nd half over Titans

Week 11: Colts over Packers

Week 12: Falcons over Raiders by 37

Week 13: Washington over Steelers, Browns 1st half vs Titans

Week 14: Eagles vs Saints

Week 15: Bengals over Steelers, Jets over Rams, Falcons 1st half vs Bucs

Week 16: Jets over Browns, Falcons most of game vs. Chiefs; Bonus- since you want to point that game out, what about the FIRST HALF of Colts Steelers

Now, do you see how strange it seems that you want to use one half of football to say that your whole season has turned around?

You see man, I think that Pittsburgh was better than both Washington and Cincinnati by A LOT. I think they are better than the Colts. But they lost those 1st two for whatever reason. I just think it is ridiculous to use one half of a football game to justify being back, just as either one half/or game above didn't show that for those teams. 

I mean couldn't the Colts do the EXACT same thing and say they lost it for a period of time, but "look at what we did 1st half."

Or did the Chiefs "lose it" every week in playoffs last year? Or if the Browns jump to a big lead and Steelers come back, did you turn it all around again? Or if Steelers jump out and Browns come back, did they get it all back?

Instead of just saying "Steelers had a great half and showed what they are capable of", you went with what you did. I don't know how a team can be worn down by all they went through and rejuvenate at halftime of a game???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I know that it seems you are already making excuses for perhaps losing a game you should win with ease 

I am not making excuses for this game.  I'm calling out people crying about covid while those same people give the Steelers shit for bitching about the same.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So you are saying you are out of touch 

Gipper I get my Steeler info from very specific and well sourced places.  I don't do deep dives on stupid conspiracies (unless it's the cheatriots) The Steelers like every other fan base in the league has segments of dipshit fans and it's that segment that is maybe talking about the league having a fix in for the Browns.  I haven't read that on any of my resources and for good reason, they aren't made up of dipshits.  I also know A MILLION TIMES MORE about the current NFL than you do.  You win pre-merger so kindly stop the routine with me not knowing anything or being out of touch.  If I felt like dumping hours of my time into debating you in a serious manner I might just run you off your own fucking board.  Kindly STFU now.  Actually that last bit is a lie, you are ridiculous and unrelenting in the worst ways possible.  I really should just stop responding to you. (hard for me too because i LIKE to argue)

43 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I am not making excuses for this game.  I'm calling out people crying about covid while those same people give the Steelers shit for bitching about the same.  

You are making excuses on top of making excuses for making those excuses.

Gipper I get my Steeler info from very specific and well sourced places.

Well...apparently SD here has better sources than you do. 

I don't do deep dives on stupid conspiracies (unless it's the cheatriots)

Yes, you do, if those are accusations of conspiracies against the steelers. 

The Steelers like every other fan base in the league has segments of dipshit fans and it's that segment that is maybe talking about the league having a fix in for the Browns. 

Well...the Steelers have more dipshit fans than any other fan base in the league. 

I haven't read that on any of my resources and for good reason, they aren't made up of dipshits.

They ARE Steeler fans....which by definition means they are made up of dipshits. 

I also know A MILLION TIMES MORE about the current NFL than you do.

Everyone on planet Earth would laugh at this comment. 

You win pre-merger so kindly stop the routine with me not knowing anything or being out of touch.

Learn something and quit being out of touch, and maybe I will stop calling you out for being out of touch. 

If I felt like dumping hours of my time into debating you in a serious manner I might just run you off your own fucking board. 

Go ahead....complain to Kathy about me.  I dare you. 

Kindly STFU now.  Actually that last bit is a lie, you are ridiculous and unrelenting in the worst ways possible.  I really should just stop responding to you. (hard for me too because i LIKE to argue)

Last bit?  What last bit? By the way, NO debate with you is ever "serious"  Merely  pointing  out your delusions does not constitute a debate. 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Come on man, you are making yourself look like a troll with some of these posts.

1. You never replied to being pointed out that your argument how unfair 3 games in 12 days was sooooooo unfair, when most teams do that yearly (Sunday, Sunday, Thursday or vice versa)

2. You want us to believe you that the team the 1st 11 weeks was the REAL Steelers, yet you continue to point out the amount of injuries they have had. 

These things can certainly be looked at as just being a fan. So you are given a pass on them as not "excuses", BUT...

3. The notion that Pittsburgh (as the example being used) has turned everything back around based on ONE HALF of football is (in my best Stephen A Smith voice, "Asinine, Asiten, Asieleven, Asitwelve"

Here are some notable games THIS year of games that one half didn't tell the story:

Week 2: Chargers over Chiefs

Week 4: Chargers over Bucs

Week 5: Vikings over Seahawks; Raiders over Chiefs; Bonus entire game: Titans by 26 over Bills

Week 6: Eagles over Ravens (2nd half like yours); Bonus- Bucs by 28 over Packers

Week 7: Titans 2nd half over Steelers

Week 8: Vikings over Packers

Week 10: Patriots over Ravens; Colts 2nd half over Titans

Week 11: Colts over Packers

Week 12: Falcons over Raiders by 37

Week 13: Washington over Steelers, Browns 1st half vs Titans

Week 14: Eagles vs Saints

Week 15: Bengals over Steelers, Jets over Rams, Falcons 1st half vs Bucs

Week 16: Jets over Browns, Falcons most of game vs. Chiefs; Bonus- since you want to point that game out, what about the FIRST HALF of Colts Steelers

Now, do you see how strange it seems that you want to use one half of football to say that your whole season has turned around?

You see man, I think that Pittsburgh was better than both Washington and Cincinnati by A LOT. I think they are better than the Colts. But they lost those 1st two for whatever reason. I just think it is ridiculous to use one half of a football game to justify being back, just as either one half/or game above didn't show that for those teams. 

I mean couldn't the Colts do the EXACT same thing and say they lost it for a period of time, but "look at what we did 1st half."

Or did the Chiefs "lose it" every week in playoffs last year? Or if the Browns jump to a big lead and Steelers come back, did you turn it all around again? Or if Steelers jump out and Browns come back, did they get it all back?

Instead of just saying "Steelers had a great half and showed what they are capable of", you went with what you did. I don't know how a team can be worn down by all they went through and rejuvenate at halftime of a game???

3 games in 12 days with a week 4 bye week which was hardly a bye week in the first place.  It isn't the same and I did respond whenever that was mentioned last month. I also mentioned the second half of the colts game because the team was starting to get healthy and Ben was calling the plays.  I really don't care to be frank but i think a lot of the crying here is ridiculous.  As far as one half is concerned you all very nearly lost with a ton of our backups in so maybe you want to reevaluate that one. If mason didn't throw that INT in a panic you WOULD have lost. 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

3 games in 12 days with a week 4 bye week which was hardly a bye week in the first place.  It isn't the same and I did respond whenever that was mentioned last month. I also mentioned the second half of the colts game because the team was starting to get healthy and Ben was calling the plays.  I really don't care to be frank but i think a lot of the crying here is ridiculous.  As far as one half is concerned you all very nearly lost with a ton of our backups in so maybe you want to reevaluate that one. If mason didn't throw that INT in a panic you WOULD have lost. 

The only one crying on here is you...Frank.