THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 18: Browns vs Steelers Wild Card Game

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I will be on this board no matter the outcome.

Cool... you can continue to explain to me how the Eagles are a "good team"... ;)

And feel free to join us in The Tavern tomorrow nite... at any point where we are winning...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I really don't care to be frank but i think a lot of the crying here is ridiculous.

Something that never happens on a Steeler forum, I'm sure...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Cool... you can continue to explain to me how the Eagles are a "good team"... ;)

And feel free to join us in The Tavern tomorrow nite... at any point where we are winning...

I never said the eagles are a "good team" but i did say they were better than their record and their defensive line is very stout.  I don't think anyone saw the Wentz implosion coming. I might pop in the tavern but my goofy ass friend scheduled our NHL fantasy draft for tomorrow so i'm going to be doing some lite multi-tasking.  Appreciate the invite. 😎

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Something that never happens on a Steeler forum, I'm sure...

Oh we have em in spades, I just avoid it.  The majority of that is via facebook and the pittsburgh local news stations, it's the worst of our fan base there and it's a cesspool.  I follow the Steelersdepot which does incredible coverage if you have even a passing interest and it's objective.  I get most of that via twitter which is UNRIVALED for sports coverage if you follow the right people. I'm on reddit otherwise which is normally pretty objective too but has it's share of fucking crying. (I avoid it)

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just mail in the "game". Our biggest strength (OL) being decimated will be like the game Denver played with a WR at QB. Totally laughable. Here is a preview. 🚄😂

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

my goofy ass friend scheduled our NHL fantasy draft f

Let's GO Fly-ers... clap clap.... clap clap clap...

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't think anyone saw the Wentz implosion coming.

Clearly you've never read my Wentz posts over the years.

Let's just say it was a very lonely existence... :(

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

3 games in 12 days with a week 4 bye week which was hardly a bye week in the first place.  It isn't the same and I did respond whenever that was mentioned last month. I also mentioned the second half of the colts game because the team was starting to get healthy and Ben was calling the plays.  I really don't care to be frank but i think a lot of the crying here is ridiculous.  As far as one half is concerned you all very nearly lost with a ton of our backups in so maybe you want to reevaluate that one. If mason didn't throw that INT in a panic you WOULD have lost. 

Obviously you just aren't comprehending or actively trying to avoid.

1. At NO time when you were complaining (along with A LOT of others) about the 3 games did you mention anything aside from how unfair it was to play 3 games in 12 days, in fact I have seen (maybe you, maybe somewhere else that it has never been done. Just go ahead and admit it man, you didn't think about anyone else or what those 12 days could resemble.

But, since you have now moved the goalposts, lets score again. Jets AND 49ers both had week 4 Bye Weeks in 2019. And guess what, BOTH had 3 games in 12 days.

So again, YOU using this as history is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

Now, are you prepared for that crow that you said others would be eating?

2. Obviously with you bringing up last week to try and make your point you think that it proves it?

But I am not sure what point you think you are making? 

IF the point you are trying to make is that the Steelers are better than the Browns based on that game (especially when you factor in full strength), I won't argue with you. If I were a betting man, I probably would say that.

But trying to use it as an opposition to my point it is incredibly weak attempt. But maybe it is that you didnt understand my point and how it counteracts previous statements by you.

1. You used that ONE HALF (For whatever reason you want to use, healthy, Ben calling plays, etc), to justify them being back. And since you are at least insinuating that they are back to pre slide form, then you are now the "undefeated" Steelers. That doesn't factor in losing 2 really good LBS, lack of running game, etc.

2. It still doesn't explain how a team gets healthy at halftime of a game. 

3. The other games mentioned obviously went over your head, or at the very least you just ignored. Since I said that Steelers were better than Colts, you can't say I am using it as some way to discredit your team. And my post has absolutely ZERO to do with the Browns. I am pointing out that your reasoning is extremely flawed, especially when coupled with the above games. A half or even full game can skew data and thus conclusion.

So just answer this, IF the Browns were to win today, does that mean that what happened in the Colts 2nd half was an illusion? Or does it mean that the 1st 11 games was an illusion? Or conversely, if the Steelers blow the Browns out, does it mean that the 1st half vs. Titans was an illusion?

Or even look at it in an even more simpler way. Since we can throw out last week since the Steelers played some backups, lets say Pittsburgh wins today 28-24 (just a random score), does that mean the Browns are better without Stefanski? I mean off of 2 halves, they made a +27 point differential. 

Or again, say the Browns jump to a 21-7 halftime lead, and Steelers win 28-24, does that mean that Steelers got healthy and turned season around at halftime? Or vice versa, does it mean Browns did the same and turned everything around?

Or since the Browns aren't a match for Steelers, lets say that Steelers play Bills next week. If the Bills beat Steelers 12+ next week, does that mean that Steelers were actually better during that time they were so limited? Or even more, does it mean they were just out of gas by then? 

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I just have too much experience, but I seem to think that when someone wins its because they were better (whether it was that day or that season). So instead of some huge meaning behind one half of football (which could be true or could be false), maybe it was the fact that Pittsburgh was better than Indianapolis. I know, such a novel idea.

As for the last point about Rudolph, where do I start? 1, there is a reason he isn't a starting QB, but let's look past that. 2. He certainly wasn't throwing an INT on purpose. 3. Every QB, from GOATs to 3rd stringers make mistakes. Brady, Brees, Montana, Rodgers, Mahomes, Roethlisberger, Bradshaw, etc all have thrown INTs, some of them came at terrible times and cost their team a game. 

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Clearly you've never read my Wentz posts over the years.

Let's just say it was a very lonely existence... :(

Don't let Tour bullshit you Vag...

His anti-Wentz posts were just a blind hope that his boy Sashi would somehow get validated. 🤣

Hehehehe. 

It's starting to get real, huh? I've come to grips on either outcome today. Obviously I'd lose my mind with a victory, but I certainly don't expect it. I guess the frustrating thing is I actually WOULD expect a win if we were full strength, but that's neither here nor there. I'm watching the game with a few Browns fans and we're having a fun tiny party that will have way too much food and probably more drink. Can't think of a better way to potentially send off a terrific year. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hehehehe. 

It's starting to get real, huh? I've come to grips on either outcome today. Obviously I'd lose my mind with a victory, but I certainly don't expect it. I guess the frustrating thing is I actually WOULD expect a win if we were full strength, but that's neither here nor there. I'm watching the game with a few Browns fans and we're having a fun tiny party that will have way too much food and probably more drink. Can't think of a better way to potentially send off a terrific year. 

7 hours till kick off getting ready to crack open my first beer of the day me thinks i better record the game so i can re watch it tommorow morning  

hell yes Go Browns

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, Vagitron said:

Looked pretty damn unstoppable second half against the Colts.  I'm happy you all made the playoffs, truly and i really don't want to rain on parades. The Steelers were pretty damn beaten down courtesy of essentially losing a bye week.  Sure they had the week off in week 4 but in what world is a week 4 bye truly a bye? Tomlin rested those starters for a reason and frankly im surprised he didn't rest even more.  The Steelers need to be the team that played in the second half of the colts game.  We are gonna find out.  Any given sunday, especially in division. 

Hmm.

I guess it was like I said, one good half.

Or maybe it was that the Steelers lost it again??? 

Oh wait, they were worn out coming into this game.

See, your team, the one you wanted to tout as best in the league, they even had the same opportunity to do what they did against Colts.

If it will make it easier on you, I will go out and get the crow for you, I'll even cook it. You want it Baked? Grilled? Fried? What it in a meal?

23 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Oh we have em in spades, I just avoid it.  The majority of that is via facebook and the pittsburgh local news stations, it's the worst of our fan base there and it's a cesspool.  I follow the Steelersdepot which does incredible coverage if you have even a passing interest and it's objective.  I get most of that via twitter which is UNRIVALED for sports coverage if you follow the right people. I'm on reddit otherwise which is normally pretty objective too but has it's share of fucking crying. (I avoid it)

Steelers fans- now ready to kill themselves losing badly to an undermanned Browns team. That shot of Ben on the bench after the game said it all priceless. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steelers fans- now ready to kill themselves losing badly to an undermanned Browns team. That shot of Ben on the bench after the game said it all priceless. 

And absolutely this WAS an undermanned Browns team.   No HC....no...2-3 other coaches.  No OBJ.  No 3/4ths of our starting DBs. No practice practically all week. 

Who else were we missing?

Steelers:   the only guy I know that was out for them was Joe Haden. 

13 minutes ago, Dick Mellon said:

Congrads to all a yins.  The better team won.

I ran out of reactions today so here's your thumbs up. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And absolutely this WAS an undermanned Browns team.   No HC....no...2-3 other coaches.  No OBJ.  No 3/4ths of our starting DBs. No practice practically all week. 

Who else were we missing?

Steelers:   the only guy I know that was out for them was Joe Haden. 

3rd stringer no one ever heard of inserted at LG. Conklin too hurt to continue. Clayborn playing like a wild man on fire. Garrett still without totally healed lung capacity, but still drawing double and triple blocking. The Tacoman having a career day. And through it all Baker never once got panicked. Put his head down and took us on several drives to keep that huge lead a winner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

3rd stringer no one ever heard of inserted at LG. Conklin too hurt to continue. Clayborn playing like a wild man on fire. Garrett still without totally healed lung capacity, but still drawing double and triple blocking. The Tacoman having a career day. And through it all Baker never once got panicked. Put his head down and took us on several drives to keep that huge lead a winner.

I have so much to say and no time to do it. I really missed everyone last night, but I was with buddies and couldn't chat. I'm just so freaking proud of these fools. I'm not gonna lie, I was absolutely terrified in the second half. I looked up and it was only a 12 point game still in the 3rd quarter! That's basically nothing in the NFL. 

Not then we had the response drive. The beautiful screen pass call and Chubb did the rest. I heard the collective exhales of millions of Browns fan around the world. 😂

Oh, and my Baker man crush couldn't get more intense. He would have had a monster game if we could catch! Haha. He still had a terrific game and I'm so happy for him and everyone else. So much freaking fun.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well you can't spot a team 28 points in the first quarter and expect to win. You got outscored the rest of the game. I wouldn't get tooooo cocky about it and no our fan base is not doing those things. The fringe is but the fringe still cries about forcing Troy to retire or Hines ward. 

21 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Well you can't spot a team 28 points in the first quarter and expect to win. You got outscored the rest of the game. I wouldn't get tooooo cocky about it and no our fan base is not doing those things. The fringe is but the fringe still cries about forcing Troy to retire or Hines ward. 

blah blah blah. Your fan base has been cocky for years. Your team looked worse than the three stooges the first half, and the Browns started laying back a bit knowing your three slivers of sludge HAD to throw Of course they scored in the second half. Not many times can our Browns bet em 51-0. Hines Ward??? your three pits history is what it is. But history wasn't going to win last night - the Browns roared,

rapistbooger cried, juju and whatshisname sat on the bench in a stupor. "grey faces" ?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2021/01/11/steelers-collapse-nfl-playoff-loss-browns-after-11-0-start/6619320002/

But, I credit you with coming back and visiting. Good job.

37 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The thing is that you can't take away that 1st quarter. But let's do the math. 

The Steelers outscored by 17 a team that was rightfully winning by 28 after 13 mins of gametime. Last 8 points in the last minute when everyone and their mothers knew it was over. So to sum it up, in 3 full quarters of a game, the Steelers put 9 points more than the team they were rallying against. Not so great. 

We're probably losing next week since our secondary is awful and KC is a monster team in offense, but you can agree there's something to celebrate given how our team performed in front of a historic rival.