THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 19: CLE @ KC.... they play some crazy little football there and we're gonna get us some...

ATOM

3 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Cleveland, runs the ball.  you are a running team....and why shouldn't you be, you have 2 very good RB.  Stefanski has made you viable by turning Baker Mayfield into the next Alex Smith....just manage the game, hand off...don't throw picks.  Win the TO battle.  That's a winning formula in the regular season. ....and if you come up agasint a team that is going to turn it over 4 times in the 1st Q and spot you a 28-0 lead....that should work.

It's worth reminding you, KC was down 24-0 after 1 Q VS Houston last year.  We led 28-24 at halftime.  We lost the TO battle.  Pat Mahomes renders alot of conventional wisdom and stats meaningless.

Yea, we know.  But....FYI....the Browns WILL show up.  You WILL have to play them.  You have not been given another bye. 

Look at how many times the Browns have scored  35 or more points  6 times  this year. ...and another game with 34 pts.   So don't think that the Browns can't score points either. 

Regardless of how it turns out, the Browns will leave it all out on the field - they do NOT quit. Of course, the Chiefs have a star studded offense. Mahomes is amazing. So is Baker. The Chiefs have arguably the best TE in football, Kelce, and one of the fastest wrs in Hill.

and...Watkins is dangerous. He was a 4th overall draft pick by the Bills about 7 yrs ago. If the Browns win - a world of credit will go to the defense I think - the Chiefs offense is seriously talented. but so are the Browns.

Defensively - we'll see whose defense wins the day.

Browns advantage - Chubb and Hunt. Their defense won't stop them.

I believe this game will be another blockbuster - people will remember it for a long time.

Interesting - Joe Thomas is really excited about the Browns chances:

https://www.brownsnation.com/joe-thomas-says-underdog-browns-will-upset-chiefs/

The only way the Browns can fail to win by a landslide is if the game was rigged...

If the Browns lose on Sunday we should all storm the NFL Headquarters  ...... demanding a rematch, who is with me ? 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, darren15 said:

The only way the Browns can fail to win by a landslide is if the game was rigged...

If the Browns lose on Sunday we should all storm the NFL Headquarters  ...... demanding a rematch, who is with me ? 

Well played.😂

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, we know.  But....FYI....the Browns WILL show up.  You WILL have to play them.  You have not been given another bye. 

Look at how many times the Browns have scored  35 or more points  6 times  this year. ...and another game with 34 pts.   So don't think that the Browns can't score points either. 

You were plus 16 in turnover margin in your games over 30.  KC lost the turnover margin only twice all year...the won both games anyhow.  

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Regardless of how it turns out, the Browns will leave it all out on the field - they do NOT quit. Of course, the Chiefs have a star studded offense. Mahomes is amazing. So is Baker. The Chiefs have arguably the best TE in football, Kelce, and one of the fastest wrs in Hill.

and...Watkins is dangerous. He was a 4th overall draft pick by the Bills about 7 yrs ago. If the Browns win - a world of credit will go to the defense I think - the Chiefs offense is seriously talented. but so are the Browns.

Defensively - we'll see whose defense wins the day.

Browns advantage - Chubb and Hunt. Their defense won't stop them.

I believe this game will be another blockbuster - people will remember it for a long time.

Interesting - Joe Thomas is really excited about the Browns chances:

https://www.brownsnation.com/joe-thomas-says-underdog-browns-will-upset-chiefs/

LOL @ joe Thomas.  .....I love the narrtive that KC has played all these one score games as if they ALMOST lost them....up by two scores very late in all of them...and the other team gets a late garbage time score to pull within a score and onside kick etc....  KC beat the Saints, on the  road, the Bucs, on the Road, the Ravens, on the Road, and the Bills....on the road....all playoff teams...all still playing..and all road wins.  

Congratulations to you guys for making the playoffs and winning against the Steelers on the road....I don't want to diminish that...but that's as good as it's going to get this year.

11 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

LOL @ joe Thomas.  .....I love the narrtive that KC has played all these one score games as if they ALMOST lost them....up by two scores very late in all of them...and the other team gets a late garbage time score to pull within a score and onside kick etc....  KC beat the Saints, on the  road, the Bucs, on the Road, the Ravens, on the Road, and the Bills....on the road....all playoff teams...all still playing..and all road wins.  

Congratulations to you guys for making the playoffs and winning against the Steelers on the road....I don't want to diminish that...but that's as good as it's going to get this year.

You never know 

7 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

LOL at Joe Thomas? I thought your post was fair enough AFTER you said that. I think Joe Thomas knows a LOT about what he's saying. The Browns are really fortunate to get Ward and Johnson back into the secondary, along with Harrison at safety.

Whatever the final score is, this will be a GREAT game that people will talk about for years. Watching Mahomes and Baker inspire the rest of the offense around them will be priceless.

1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I love the narrtive that KC has played all these one score games as if they ALMOST lost them....up by two scores very late in all of them.

Hmmmm.

The Farce feels strong in this one. Fortunately it's easy enough to check... Starting Week 9, with Week 10 their Bye, let us see...

Week 9: CAR... sort of... if you consider14:23 left in the 4th to be "very late." --------------- Week 11: @LV? Nope.... KC came from behind... NO SOUP FOR YOU!

image.png.61680e28821e4d829b63ddf68ff96b06.pngimage.png.c7eae14ce670fb738dd6dd54b041ffb8.png

Week 12: vs. TB... Up 3 scores thru the 3rd and 2 most of the 4th... so that's one. - Week 13: Ummmm... pretty sure Denver was not the one doing the comeback thing here.

image.png.d9b8a3d39c672057f2a44988d53854d6.pngimage.png.62ee31a0cfcff71267c8336cc02e12f1.png

Week 14: @ MIA... is it just me or is "late" coming earlier and earlier? -------------------- Week 15: vs. Saints... hmmmm... came from behind in 3rd, did go up 2 scores briefly in 4th...

image.png.b4977e7f57086b581bfee8631a894fdc.png  image.png.b5eb65e5514b9177eee6dd1b29ffe94b.png

Week 16: vs. ATL... lol.... think I'll leave this one full size.

image.png.f92c86ea20821aea48948e955ea2cb6b.png

I'm feeling generous... you were right in 2 and kinda right in one other.... so 2.5/7 is your score.

Oh well.... you had one reasonable post.

Did you go to Faber?

Bulletin...Bulletin... Bulletin...

Bulletin...Bulletin... Bulletin...

Same same across the board except there's one more on the boards... Carlson and his groin.

image.thumb.png.5df5e19536e05918b1ee8cc923e93ba2.png

For KC Edwards-Helaire backslides along with Yelder while Fenton upgrades. That's a tradeoff we can live with...

image.thumb.png.196922f9f3a57bb9e10a4bc6c6a87e41.png

As for the injury reports...

Not much news for us... Njoku resting up and seeing a lot of the trainers.

image.thumb.png.44fb3a27bbd47c04a40c070ba336541d.png

Ditto for KC... basically just confirming their Practice report.

image.thumb.png.2a4e93eaf7b3e4c5399c9efce22b8d03.png

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Carlson and his Groin would be a great band name. For you aspiring musicians, you heard it here second.

Would make a great opening act for Josie and the Pussy(cats)...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

As of now, the weather prediction for Kansas City Sunday afternoon is a high of 39, with little chance of precipitation. 

Hey, Hoolihan.... what about the wind?

image.png.0c522299b6af44dc93c4381ac6844f30.png

Pop Quiz: What was Hoolihan the Weatherman's real name?

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Carlson and his Groin would be a great band name. For you aspiring musicians, you heard it here second.

A friend of mine in college told me that I could name a band "Quince of Mince", that it had a ring to it. 

I still keep it in the back of my mind. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

lmao! 🤓  Carlson & them groins dropped on two key onside kicks... 'Carlson & his Hands' band should not be saw as the kickers bitch to be kicked at..👀...

Edit--- Come on Conklin/Bitonio & Goodson... we need ya in KC 👀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey, Hoolihan.... what about the wind?

image.png.0c522299b6af44dc93c4381ac6844f30.png

Pop Quiz: What was Hoolihan the Weatherman's real name?

Lamar would like to ask Hoolihan what the weather will be like in Buffalo at kickoff?  ☃️...let it snow/let it snow/let it snow ! ! !

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Winds between 10-15 mph, and his real name was "Dick Fitswell". 

You got me on that. I got pretty excited that to read the accomplishments of Dick Fitswell. I did find, however, this book.

Dick Fitswell: the Man in Quest of the Perfect Fit

“When Dick Fitswell's on the prowl no woman's safe. From the ski slopes of Sun Valley to the Canadian Wilderness where he has an unfortunate experience with a Sasquatch...”

https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Fitswell-Man-Quest-Perfect/dp/096471437X

Bob Wells is the fellow who played Hoolihan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_"Hoolihan"_Wells

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Bob Wells is the fellow who played Hoolihan.

We have a winner!

Not to be confused with Bob Welch...

Great song if you're having trouble falling asleep...

Meanwhile there's more pertinent info to post.

A lot of god news in our Practice Report. As Vambo posted in Roster Moves Conklin is back.... taking it slow... but he's back. Ditto for Goodson and Njoku.

Even more encouraging is MG, Richardson, Teller and Tretter all upgrade to Full Practice participation

Only Carlson went south....

image.thumb.png.e21ababb5679d8eb4c8bf821937070d3.png

No changes for KC... Edwards-Helaire continues to look like he's heading to Inactive. Oh... Sammy, too.

image.thumb.png.8c7fbdf487112cbf620be6f833539283.png