THE BROWNS BOARD

Been thinking about something, and want to see if there's a chance for a real discussion down here... Topic: A pardon for Trump

Tour2ma

Lot of discussion about a Presidential self-pardon and whether or not that would stand up in court, but I'd like to skip that... at least initially.

So with that set aside the remaining route is:

1. resign the Presidency;
  2. swear in Mike Pence as the 46th President; and
  3. President Pence issues pardon.

The above has to occur in the that order as clearly any pardon signed by Pence prior to his being sworn in would not be valid.

My question is: Would Pence issue the pardon?

Four years of extremely loyal service would say, yes. However, Pence's certification of the Electoral College results and remarks after the siege on the Capitol raise doubts in my mind.

So what do you think?

Nevermind... discussion looks moot after this..

Pence Reached His Limit With Trump. It Wasn’t Pretty.

After four years of tongue-biting silence that critics say enabled the president’s worst instincts,

the vice president would not yield to the pressure and name-calling from his boss.

By Peter Baker, Maggie Haberman and Annie Karni - Jan. 12, 2021

WASHINGTON — For Vice President Mike Pence, the moment of truth had arrived. After three years and 11 months of navigating the treacherous waters of President Trump’s ego, after all the tongue-biting, pride-swallowing moments where he employed strategic silence or florid flattery to stay in his boss’s good graces, there he was being cursed by the president.

Mr. Trump was enraged that Mr. Pence was refusing to try to overturn the election. In a series of meetings, the president had pressed relentlessly, alternately cajoling and browbeating him. Finally, just before Mr. Pence headed to the Capitol to oversee the electoral vote count last Wednesday, Mr. Trump called the vice president’s residence to push one last time.

“You can either go down in history as a patriot,” Mr. Trump told him, according to two people briefed on the conversation, “or you can go down in history as a pussy.”

The blowup between the nation’s two highest elected officials then played out in dramatic fashion as the president publicly excoriated the vice president at an incendiary rally and sent agitated supporters to the Capitol where they stormed the building — some of them chanting “Hang Mike Pence.”

Evacuated to the basement, Mr. Pence huddled for hours while Mr. Trump tweeted out an attack on him rather than call to check on his safety.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/politics/mike-pence-trump.html

Yeah... can't see Mike liking that...

image.png

4 hours ago, Axe said:

The left has gone Bat Shit crazy

Depends on your POV guy. Trump has definitely gone batshit crazy. Ditto the hardcore lemmings. Golly gee, why would we need 15,000 National guard, and TBD additional Secret Service, FBI, Washington police, Capitol police need to have contingency plans in place to prevent another um "disturbance" if you like- at Biden's swearing in ceremony. Hmmmm????     

Want to give me odds Trump will peacefully vacate the White House 12  noon January 20th?  

Tour I'm not sure theres going to be a rational conversation about anything concerning Trump around here. I know you have the capability to think so what I would need from you is a high crime or misdemeanor that you think warrants removing the president of the United States form office. Not just the echo chamber from the CNN Fever Swamp

And if you actually believe that there is and it's not just a 5150 vote from a Democrat Senate I would ask you to consider how strong is your appetite to make that the new Benchmark in US politics. Keeping in mind that there's plenty stink around Joe Biden and you can't be guaranteed to keep the House and Senate in 22. No Doubt you can count on keeping the unscrupulous mainstream press inline but as we all learn the hard way nothing lasts for ever.

And who knows? The greed of the MSM might eventually outweigh their loyalty to the DNC.

But I do think this impeachment is lunacy.

WSS

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lot of discussion about a Presidential self-pardon and whether or not that would stand up in court, but I'd like to skip that... at least initially.

So with that set aside the remaining route is:

1. resign the Presidency;
  2. swear in Mike Pence as the 46th President; and
  3. President Pence issues pardon.

The above has to occur in the that order as clearly any pardon signed by Pence prior to his being sworn in would not be valid.

My question is: Would Pence issue the pardon?

Four years of extremely loyal service would say, yes. However, Pence's certification of the Electoral College results and remarks after the siege on the Capitol raise doubts in my mind.

So what do you think?

Listen whatever you think of trump, pence seems like he's always executed his duties lawfully and to the best of his ability. There was never any chance, in my opinion, he was going to do shenanigans on behalf of trump in this election. 

• Thanks 1

I might have a different take on the matter. This whole democrat vs republican thing didn’t used to be quite so polarizing. When Biden talks about “unifying the country”, l hope he’s serious about that.

That said, what needs to stop sooner rather than later is the political witch hunting. There’s going to have to be a degree of placating to make that happen. 

I think Trump’s biggest downfall is he never quite got the hang of the power of his own words. It just never clicked with him. I hearken back to some of those daily press conferences when covid was starting, and he’s up there spitballing about injecting disinfectant, and next thing you know a few trail blazers out there are giving it a shot.

I’d like to see the guy just ride off into the sunset and let that be that. Safe bet the republican party will basically black ball him going forward, and if he ever tries to run as an independent he’s just going to split republican votes, so they’re going to do everything in their power to prevent that too.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I might have a different take on the matter. This whole democrat vs republican thing didn’t used to be quite so polarizing. When Biden talks about “unifying the country”, l hope he’s serious about that.

That said, what needs to stop sooner rather than later is the political witch hunting. There’s going to have to be a degree of placating to make that happen. 

I think Trump’s biggest downfall is he never quite got the hang of the power of his own words. It just never clicked with him. I hearken back to some of those daily press conferences when covid was starting, and he’s up there spitballing about injecting disinfectant, and next thing you know a few trail blazers out there are giving it a shot.

I’d like to see the guy just ride off into the sunset and let that be that. Safe bet the republican party will basically black ball him going forward, and if he ever tries to run as an independent he’s just going to split republican votes, so they’re going to do everything in their power to prevent that too.

Well said, the Dems want to take a parting shot at “Teflon Don” but they’ve decided to wait until the final days of his term to do it.

I can’t believe they’re serious about “unifying America” after the shit storm they have put up over the last 4 years.

So in retrospect, they had an opportunity to do their jobs, but instead chose to fixate themselves on getting rid of Donny.

In a nutshell....no they’re not serious and are cordially invited to go eat a bag of dicks.

894573D2-2463-4F24-BD97-2192486FC51D.png

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

To OP: The premise that trumpy will resign in order for Pence to even contemplate a pardon has near zero chance of happening. Would Pence do it if the unlikely occurred? No. He not only put Pence in jeopardy for his life, but also Pence's wife and daughter who were there visiting that day. He's done with taking bullets for this turd.

As to riding off into the Sunset-He's pissed off the real power of the country in Mitch to the point that Mitch wants him gone forever. He knows trumpy will never just ride off into the sunset, so the best way to rid themselves of this albatross is to cut him loose without the ability to ever run for federal office again. Hence the message is out from him that he is "pleased" the Dems plan to vote impeachment. Pretty damn clear signal to Republican Senators and House Members.

I'm not sure. Cheetos really believes he hasn't done anything wrong. But he is such a coward he will want to cover his ass. I think the narcissism wins out and he pardoned himself. Then we get months of court battles and he gets more TV time. Which is the most important thing to him anyways.

• Thanks 1

Impeach Joe Biden – Issues & Insights

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/11/25/impeach-joe-biden-2

Suddenly, doing anything to undermine the credibility of a Joe Biden presidency is dangerously un-American. Nevertheless, Democrats have lowered the bar for impeachment so low that, by any fair reading, calls for Biden’s impeachment can’t be dismissed.

Nolte: President Joe Biden Will Be Immediately Impeached ...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/14/...

If Joe Biden happens to be elected president this year, he will enter office more hobbled by major scandals than any president in the history of the presidency, and there is just no question that his administration will be immediately paralyzed by impeachment proceedings.

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well said, the Dems want to take a parting shot at “Teflon Don” but they’ve decided to wait until the final days of his term to do it.

I can’t believe they’re serious about “unifying America” after the shit storm they have put up over the last 4 years.

So in retrospect, they had an opportunity to do their jobs, but instead chose to fixate themselves on getting rid of Donny.

In a nutshell....no they’re not serious and are cordially invited to go eat a bag of dicks.

894573D2-2463-4F24-BD97-2192486FC51D.png

A guy can hope right? At some point l’d like to see one side take the high ground. I really don’t care who does it. 

This eye for an eye stuff is really tiresome. It’s gotten to the point that media outlets cater to political viewpoints, and now it’s happening with social media platforms. So now people with similar political viewpoints can hole up with one another and not have to be exposed to differing opinions. 

It’s leading to an inability or unwillingness to understand other points of view. Why would someone bother when they are surrounded by perfectly good echo chambers with like minded individuals? I see it as harmful in the long run. 

AGreed, to a point. But the left has gone over the cliff on hate and tyranny

PBS staff attorney said gov't should take away children of Trump voters and put them in 'reeducation camps.' Now he's out of a job.

'We go for all the Republican voters, and Homeland Security will take their children away'

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

AGreed, to a point. But the left has gone over the cliff on hate and tyranny

PBS staff attorney said gov't should take away children of Trump voters and put them in 'reeducation camps.' Now he's out of a job.

'We go for all the Republican voters, and Homeland Security will take their children away'

These people are drunk with power...completely nuts!  How these people can defend them is unreal...if Trump would have said this it would be talked about around the world.