THE BROWNS BOARD

I Don’t Care What Happens! What a Season!

Frenchie

I’m running out of adjectives to describe my feelings about the Browns this season. I would have considered 8-8 a successful year for Steph and Berry. In this COVID year. 10 wins was a joyful and pleasant surprise. But 11 wins and making the playoffs was absolutely delightful. I was ready to proudly say goodbye last week, but another victory against Pitt and now we’re into the second round, Shocking! I will be cheering hard tomorrow and I think the Browns will play extremely well. So fingers crossed that by the time the Chief’s rust comes off, the Browns have punched 35 first-half points again - on their way to the sweetest of victories. But win or lose, this team has earned my respect and has me grinning ear-to-ear. GO BROWNS!

• Upvote 3

Truthfully I was just hoping we improved enough for this new HC to get at least 4 seasons to get us to this already attained level. Never in a million years

did I see this coming this soon. Really-did anyone here see this coming?

Amending for the blind squirrel. Did anyone besides the blind squirrel see this coming?🤣

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Truthfully I was just hoping we improved enough for this new HC to get at least 4 seasons to get us to this already attained level. Never in a million years

did I see this coming this soon. Really-did anyone here see this coming?

Yes.

But then again ... I had the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Z

• Haha 2

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Even the blind squirrel finds the acorn if he always looks in the same spot year after year after year, etc.🤣🐿️

Hey! I rarely predict the Browns to win the Super Bowl (but always in the playoffs) ... but my picks were pretty good this year, outside of the Cokeboys (If someone got the NFC East right ... I applaud them).

Zombo

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I did that last year with Dullasss; and ended up in support group led by Nurse Ratched.  

I'm back in Cowgirl country Flugs. Lost 8 pounds since being away from my overeating relatives in Colorado, but then I've had my bicycle to ride again instead of just hikes which I am still doing-just not as icey or cold with the exception of the 4 inches of snow we got last Sunday (most I have ever seen in Texas). Also not as tempting as having Peanut M&Ms in a bowl in the kitchen all the time like my sister in law was doing. Haven't had a one since our return in Dec. I'll send you my home phone # in a PM. I never know where my wife hides the cellphone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

... ended up in a support group led by Nurse Ratched. 

What a great book!

Not a bad movie, either... one of the better adaptations of one of my fav reads.

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I hear ya!  And, they picked a perfect cast for the movie!  

Every time I watch it I go in forgetting both Danny Devito and Christopher Lloyd will show up.

Brad Dourif... great start to a spotty career on his way to Deadwood. When your first role lands you an Oscar nomination, where do you go from there?

And then there's Will Sampson... perfection!

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Every time I watch it I go in forgetting both Danny Devito and Christopher Lloyd will show up.

Brad Dourif... great start to a spotty career on his way to Deadwood. When your first role lands you an Oscar nomination, where do you go from there?

And then there's Will Sampson... perfection!

And the science teacher in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'. 

vincent.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the science teacher in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'. 

Ah... remember him more for the opening scene of Amadeus...

Just another in a long line of bit player, character actors whose faces you know, but whose names you rarely do...

I think Strother Martin was the original member of that group.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:59 AM, Frenchie said:

I’m running out of adjectives to describe my feelings about the Browns this season. I would have considered 8-8 a successful year for Steph and Berry. In this COVID year. 10 wins was a joyful and pleasant surprise. But 11 wins and making the playoffs was absolutely delightful. I was ready to proudly say goodbye last week, but another victory against Pitt and now we’re into the second round, Shocking! I will be cheering hard tomorrow and I think the Browns will play extremely well. So fingers crossed that by the time the Chief’s rust comes off, the Browns have punched 35 first-half points again - on their way to the sweetest of victories. But win or lose, this team has earned my respect and has me grinning ear-to-ear. GO BROWNS!

I agree.  All one can really expect is to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.  After that it gets "iffy", meaning you do need some things beyond your control to fall in to place.

This is a good, new starting point.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, The Gipper said:

He was in Ghost as well....as the Ghost that taught Patrick Swazey how to move objects. 

I think he was also in "One Flew Over the Coo Coo's Nest".  He was one of the zombies staggering around the ward.

Why do we care about Johnny M? Some things are best left in the rearview mirror. Look, the KC game was there for us to win. I thought the play calling supported a questionable game plan (or was not aligned to the right game plan). The pulling -guard smash-mouth running plays were effective and necessary for clock management. Don’t know why we abandoned the run like we did. It was disappointing. Nonetheless, the KC defense came up big when they needed to and I’m still proud of the team and the way they played this season. There is big fight in our dawgs. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Speaking of Zombies...

Might as well  mention it. Our addict former wr is on indefinite suspension again. Time for him to forget about football and start a grow farm in  Colorado. 

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Might as well  mention it. Our addict former wr is on indefinite suspension again. Time for him to forget about football and start a grow farm in  Colorado. 

:lol:

heisenburg.jpg.486a79c777cd3562f7eca758887267bc.jpg