THE BROWNS BOARD

Higgins Did Not Lose This Game!

BobPOUND!

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Higgins... The next generation of Browns fans got to experience "The Fumble" Part II.  :(  We're Browns fans, if anything can go wrong- it will- at the worst possible time. 

Now MHO, and others watching the game agree. The fumble out of bounds in the end zone is a shitty rule. I've yet to watch- but if Cowher said it, I 100% agree. That unfairly penalizes the team that fumbled the ball in that manner. Either the ball goes back to where the fumble occurred- or where the play originated with loss of down. It's not that hard. 

Totally agreed. Even if they want to keep it, then make it a touchback if it is ONLY on 4th down. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Higgins... The next generation of Browns fans got to experience "The Fumble" Part II.  :(  We're Browns fans, if anything can go wrong- it will- at the worst possible time. 

The fumble was the result of a blown missed call on a blatant head-to-head hit.

The only thing that went wrong is that the refs completely missed why he fumbled. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

The fumble was the result of a blown missed call on a blatant head-to-head hit.

The only thing that went wrong is that the refs completely missed why he fumbled. 

Now let's not get on the refs TOO hard.. OTOH, they did totally miss that Mahomes pass that clearly was an incompletion earlier- that was a play Stef certainly should have challenged. Oh, and Honey Badger not only kicking Landry in the head, but standing over him and taunting. No calls on either.  :(  

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?  Because you and he can "fit"  into the same shoe size? 

I'm just quoting this to bitch on Dutch's and Tour's ignore list. 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You have to understand.....Any fan of any other team that shows up here is a troll. 

No. 

Anyone who doesn't bring good arguments and doesn't read what is being said/answered to simply state some proudful thoughts to just make people angry and feast on their alleged superiority is a troll. 

I'm up for other team's fans joining in to share their viewpoints. 

I'm here to get information and have some interesting discussions about a team and sport I love. I'm not here to jerk off with a bunch of thoughtless fans thinking alike or to stand people just wanting to spit out whatever comes from their ass so they can get people angry or/and tired so they feel good about themselves. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm just quoting this to bitch on Dutch and Tour's ignore list. 

No. 

Anyone who doesn't bring good arguments and doesn't read what is being said/answered to simply state some proudful thoughts to just make people angry and feast on their alleged superiority is a troll. 

Doesn't read?  Did you read the part where I said that we have a different definition?  Another vagary of the English language...where a word can have disparate meanings

I am not opposed to that at all.....I have engaged with Vag more than anyone.....but I also call him on all of his delusional ideas. 

I'm here to get information and have some interesting discussions about a team and sport I love. I'm not here to jerk off to a bunch of thoughtless fans thinking alike or to stand people just wanting to spit out whatever comes from their ass so they can get people angry or/and tired and feel good about themselves. 

That can come off a bit wishy washy.  Don't they have any team fan rivalries over there where they really get after one another? 

As to who is saying Higgins, pretty much everyone on TV.. Real Browns fans understand he was trying to win the game..

Stephanski called a ballsy game. Twice 4th and short on our side of the field and going for it.. Balls.....  He missed an easy red flag on that "reception".. Not sure how much that played into anything.. But a very obvious mistake. Then losing the Timeout on an obvious reception not 2 plays later.. Another mistake... 

The Baker INT was a horrible horrible pass. It resulted in ZERO points. But then again it negated us getting points on that possession.

The Defense was always going to be our downfall and it showed today... All we needed was ONE stop on that last possession and they just couldn't do it... Next year  we will address our defense.... 

It was a great year and even with this bitter loss, it shows how far we've come in a very short amount of time.

58 minutes ago, Nero said:

lmao...

You know we can fix that!

Miss you as we might, you will be exacting too great of a price if you persist in this kind of shenanigans*...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Look that word up you lil shit... ;)

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

lmao...

You know we can fix that!

Miss you as we might, you will be exacting too great of a price if you persist in this kind of shenanigans*...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Look that word up you lil shit... ;)

I know the word shenanigans. It's phonetically interesting. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Go watch it, his head goes straight down into the ground.  Hard. 

OK... I did and watched the Dr. Whats-his-face video ATOM posted... and I can see where the brow of his helmet could  have hit the ground, but in the low angle shot the impact is just out of frame.

Also I watched his neck angle and there is no change all the way thru the play. Also no turf in the top of the facebar... only a couple blades of grass flying...

I accept that there is no other explanation... not even a stroke ;) ... but still don't see the impact.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

OK... I did and watched the Dr. Whats-his-face video ATOM posted... and I can see where the brow of his helmet could  have hit the ground, but in the low angle shot the impact is just out of frame.

Also I watched his neck angle and there is no change all the way thru the play. Also no turf in the top of the facebar... only a couple blades of grass flying...

I accept that there is no other explanation... not even a stroke ;) ... but still don't see the impact.

Slow mo and full speed look different.  All i know is something happened because it looked like he took an uppercut from mike tyson. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

No. 

I'm here to get information and have some interesting discussions about a team and sport I love. I'm not here to jerk off with a bunch of thoughtless fans thinking alike or to stand people just wanting to spit out whatever comes from their ass so they can get people angry or/and tired so they feel good about themselves. 

I don't give one single shit about how gipper feels about me.  He wants me to be a troll so he can run around old man flexing in the mirror. I gave him a purpose and now that he's on ignore he feels lost. I'm here for info and I like talking with some of you.  Gipper can't handle that I guess. 😁

11 hours ago, Vagitron said:

😘

If I were the troll some make me out to be I SHOULD be in here talking shit.  It's just not my style and with gipper on ignore I've found my brownsboard zen.  I might block the other mouth breathers too. 

I have never had a problem with you.

Sorry for the caps in my initial post name.  As usual, every Browns game takes me to the fucking bitter end and several more craft beers than I expected to drink.. So needless to say I am still freaking feeling the after affects....

After reading my drunken posts, I will stand by them.. This is not the "fumble" part 2. It was a fluke play that called into question a ridiculous rule that hopefully will be re-considered this year...

As some internet talking head said for days before this game.. We were playing with house money. We weren't expected to be good this year. We sure as hell weren't supposed to make the playoff and we sure as hell, sure as hell weren't going to Beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburg in the opening round. And we sure as hell weren't supposed to take the Reigning Super Bowl champs to the literal last minutes of the game...  So we won on so many levels already this year... The Fumble was a choke by a player who rarely chocked.  On a team that was destined to make the Super Bowl that year.. No comparison. 

As to the Mahomes injury.. I am not sure if it has been discussed as to how injured Patrick had been for some time before he left the game. If I had to guess he was suffering from back spasms starting back in the 2nd quarter. And our defensive scheme shifted gears when our DC realized he was hobbled. We were sending a 5th man at him even if it meant going man on man and getting burned.  Just so we could put a body on him and knock him down. And it worked, even before he went out of the game.. I have no idea what possessed him or his coach to put him in a position to run that ball like he did... He or his coach took him out of that game.. We just did the work for them... It was clean but brutal...

But then again YOU ARE NOT A RUNNING BACK.. And this is why running QB's do not last in this league. Both Lamar and Patrick were taken out of their respective games by hard hits.  So maybe this will call into question this move towards QB's that both run and throw well. But always seem to fall back on the run when the need arises and almost inevitably leads to an injury.

Go Browns!! For the last time this season... Can't wait for next year.. Can't believe I am saying this and not being sarcastic :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't give one single shit about how gipper feels about me. 

What makes you think anyone cares how you think or feel? 

He wants me to be a troll so he can run around old man flexing in the mirror. I gave him a purpose and now that he's on ignore he feels lost. I'm here for info and I like talking with some of you.  Gipper can't handle that I guess. 😁

Narcissist much?  I give you not one thought other than when I see one of your posts.

And here is some information for you....since that is what you want:    The Cleveland Browns are a better football team than the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Absorb that information

9 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What I want to know is if Vag has adopted his given name on other forums he's on? Vagitron surely sounds like someone i'd want to hang out with more than rorbotron.

Actually, the story is that  Z used to have him as "Homotron".....but in an attempt to uphold his honor and to be more descriptive of his personality I suggested to Z that  he does not really act like  a Homo,  he acts more like a little pussy.  So Z changed it to its current incarnation. 

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Then Block yourself.   We define a Troll as some asshole fan from another team that comes in to stir shit...and we don't care what you believe that definition may be.  So, block yourself.

Uh oh. What did you do here? Stop editing your comments to change the narrative. Now that your comment is edited my next comment is misleading. 

Just for the record, on this post I quoted you called Vag a troll.

15 hours ago, Nero said:

Vag is not a troll and it is even more enjoyable talking to him than some "Browns' fans" around here. 

And that is why I answered with this. 

I find so sketchy editing a comment that way that I felt the need to point it out. 

17 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

I am going on the Higgins bandwagon. I will 100% support his effort to make that TD. Not 1 in a 100 times would that result in a touchback... 

Rashard. You keep your head up!!! Browns Nation loves you and your effort to make that TD..... There were at least a dozens points that we could have won that game and your mistake was just one of them. Baker's INT was inexcusable. The fact that our Defense couldn't make Hennie miss on a 3rd and long...

Keep your head up and I for one hope you our are 3rd receiver next year behind Landry and OBJ.....   Great season.. See you all at the Draft!!!!!!

BobPound!

17 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

I am going on the Higgins bandwagon. I will 100% support his effort to make that TD. Not 1 in a 100 times would that result in a touchback... 

Rashard. You keep your head up!!! Browns Nation loves you and your effort to make that TD..... There were at least a dozens points that we could have won that game and your mistake was just one of them. Baker's INT was inexcusable. The fact that our Defense couldn't make Hennie miss on a 3rd and long...

Keep your head up and I for one hope you our are 3rd receiver next year behind Landry and OBJ.....   Great season.. See you all at the Draft!!!!!!

BobPound!

i don't think he did either...however. and i know its tough to do because its a split second decision .....we have kareem hunt who is a beast inside the 5yd line....why take the chance on  a fumble, which by the way...happened......i don't know....i don't like any reciever trying to stretch for the pylon....first thing i think of is a fumble.....i don't know what our reciever coach teaches these wide outs to do in that situation....its a tough call.....

17 hours ago, nickers said:

You're right... Kevin Stefanski and Joe Woods did...

yeah steph made some bad decisions with time mgmt....but i like him...he will learn from this....he's not like every other coach we have had....which were all losers...he went up against andy reid....who is a hall of fame coach......now woods on the other hand.....eeeeeeyuk.....that all i have to say....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Uh oh. What did you do here? Stop editing your comments to change the narrative. Now that your comment is edited my next comment is misleading. 

Just for the record, on this post I quoted you called Vag a troll.

And that is why I answered with this. 

I find so sketchy editing a comment that way that I felt the need to point it out. 

I didn't edit my comments as far as I remember.   I did call Vag a troll....because in a certain parlance that is what he is.  So, I am not sure what you are referring to.  

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't edit my comments as far as I remember.   I did call Vag a troll....because in a certain parlance that is what he is.  So, I am not sure what you are referring to.  

You edited that comment. You called him a troll literally, no sugar coating like the edited comment appears. That's why I answered that way. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

You edited that comment. You called him a troll literally, no sugar coating like the edited comment appears. That's why I answered that way. 

I know I did call him a troll...just maybe not there.  And no, I certainly would not sugar coat that. 

He is a troll in the sense that he is a fan of another team that appears on the Browns Board.  And Yes, that is the way I define it.   Perhaps I use it more in the "fishing sense".....of dragging a line, trying to catch something rather than the "ugly creature under a bridge" type of troll.   

At our next tailgate....which takes place under a bridge, I have suggested he come and cater it because he runs some kind of a hot dog stand in Delaware OH.    Then he can be both!!

Detroit Superior Bridge Cleveland Ohio 2021 Photograph by Jack Schultz

Right in there under one of those spans is where we hold them.    I used to go to Delaware OH  on a regular basis for Kiwanis events....not so much any more...but I would try his food.....as long he put the sour grapes on the side. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I know I did call him a troll...just maybe not there.  And no, I certainly would not sugar coat that. 

I'm not having none of this. That's a lie.