THE BROWNS BOARD

Higgins Did Not Lose This Game!

BobPOUND!

I am going on the Higgins bandwagon. I will 100% support his effort to make that TD. Not 1 in a 100 times would that result in a touchback... 

Rashard. You keep your head up!!! Browns Nation loves you and your effort to make that TD..... There were at least a dozens points that we could have won that game and your mistake was just one of them. Baker's INT was inexcusable. The fact that our Defense couldn't make Hennie miss on a 3rd and long...

Keep your head up and I for one hope you our are 3rd receiver next year behind Landry and OBJ.....   Great season.. See you all at the Draft!!!!!!

BobPound!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, BobPOUND! said:

I am going on the Higgins bandwagon. I will 100% support his effort to make that TD. Not 1 in a 100 times would that result in a touchback... 

Rashard. You keep your head up!!! Browns Nation loves you and your effort to make that TD..... There were at least a dozens points that we could have won that game and your mistake was just one of them. Baker's INT was inexcusable. The fact that our Defense couldn't make Hennie miss on a 3rd and long...

Keep your head up and I for one hope you our are 3rd receiver next year behind Landry and OBJ.....   Great season.. See you all at the Draft!!!!!!

BobPound!

You're right... Kevin Stefanski and Joe Woods did...

He played great, and fumbled the ball. I can't take anything from him because in the same position, human nature tells you "go for it". 

There were many plays that lost us the game and I hope we can grow out of this. 

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That was a blatant missed helmet-to-helmet call.

The refs blew it.

I didn't watch the whole game, I had to go rescue my mom from a dead battery.  However I saw the aftermath and some of the other plays people are talking about.  The tackle on mahomes wasn't dirty, it's a damn tackle and it just so happened his arm went up and around his head.  The missed call on the higgins hit was fucking absurd.  I'm not sure how you can talk about player safety and be so inconsistent on those calls.  I know there are different parameters for runners/qb's etc but holy hell that was a bad one.  I as a fan on the outside looking in had no issue with his effort to score either.  You are ALWAYS trying to score when you have the ball in your hands unless it's well in hand and you are trying to kill clock.  If he didn't get absolutely rocked in the dome piece he is holding on to the ball.  There needs to be a UNIVERSAL PUSH to implement full time refs and a "punishment" structure put in place if your crew continually fucks up calls.  You get the less desirable games etc, i don't really know how to address it but it's gotta be better and more consistent. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

I didn't watch the whole game, I had to go rescue my mom from a dead battery.  However I saw the aftermath and some of the other plays people are talking about.  The tackle on mahomes wasn't dirty, it's a damn tackle and it just so happened his arm went up and around his head.  The missed call on the higgins hit was fucking absurd.  I'm not sure how you can talk about player safety and be so inconsistent on those calls.  I know there are different parameters for runners/qb's etc but holy hell that was a bad one.  I as a fan on the outside looking in had no issue with his effort to score either.  You are ALWAYS trying to score when you have the ball in your hands unless it's well in hand and you are trying to kill clock.  If he didn't get absolutely rocked in the dome piece he is holding on to the ball.  There needs to be a UNIVERSAL PUSH to implement full time refs and a "punishment" structure put in place if your crew continually fucks up calls.  You get the less desirable games etc, i don't really know how to address it but it's gotta be better and more consistent. 

Not only was the hit on Mahomes not dirty, I still can't figure out how he ended up with a concussion from it.

And everyone can cool the "LOOK AT THE BALLS ON ANDY REID" bullshit. Those big balls called an idiotic option run play with your already injured All-Universe QB and now you've probably ended your shot of a Back-to-Back Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not only was the hit on Mahomes not dirty, I still can't figure out how he ended up with a concussion from it.

And everyone can cool the "LOOK AT THE BALLS ON ANDY REID" bullshit. Those big balls called an idiotic option run play with your already injured All-Universe QB and now you've probably ended your shot of a Back-to-Back Super Bowl. 

Go back and watch that tackle again.  I still don't think it was dirty but he essentially got Undertaker tombstoned without the theatrics.  He definitely donged his head pretty hard as evidenced by his inability to stand up afterwards. 

2 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

I will 100% support his effort to make that TD.

Gave you an upvote for this...

2 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

Baker's INT was inexcusable. The fact that our Defense couldn't make Hennie miss on a 3rd and long...

... and then took it away for this.

• First, it was 3rd and 10 and Baker tried to make a play.
  • Second, Badger made a great reaction to the throw and Landry not only did not come back for the ball, he drifted deeper as he waited on it.
  • Third, since the FG was missed the INT caused us nothing except a little time.

As for Henne... he ran on 3rd and long and came up short... a play you apparently missed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The vag is correct. Now get the hell outta here ya yinzer. 

😘

If I were the troll some make me out to be I SHOULD be in here talking shit.  It's just not my style and with gipper on ignore I've found my brownsboard zen.  I might block the other mouth breathers too. 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Go back and watch that tackle again.  I still don't think it was dirty but he essentially got Undertaker tombstoned without the theatrics.  He definitely donged his head pretty hard as evidenced by his inability to stand up afterwards. 

Oh i know he went nighty-night, but I never saw his head really ever hit anything... Not the defender, whose arm was wrapped around his neck, nor did his head hit the ground.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That makes two of us... I saw neither a concussive blow nor rapid head movement to explain the kid literally being out on his feet as he got up.

Plus as you said  bit of a necktie tackle, but nothing viscious. I actually wonder if Pat had a mini-stroke due to a blood clot being shaken loose. I did not hear of him going to a hospital, but he should and spend a nite or two.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh i know he went nighty-night, but I never saw his head really ever hit anything... Not the defender, whose arm was wrapped around his neck, nor did his head hit the ground.

He tried making himself an ostrich with the ground. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tour2ma said:

That makes two of us... I saw neither a concussive blow nor rapid head movement to explain the kid literally being out on his feet as he got up.

Plus as you said  bit of a necktie tackle, but nothing viscious. I actually wonder if Pat had a mini-stroke due to a blood clot being shaken loose. I did not hear of him going to a hospital, but he should and spend a nite or two.

Go watch it, his head goes straight down into the ground.  Hard. 

Just now, Tour2ma said:

That is EXACTLY what I thought... that somehow the tackle by his neck cut off enough blood that he wasn't concussed, but he just blacked-out. Almost like that weird sex thing where a guy almost hangs himself while jerking off. 

Things the Browns taught me this year.

1) if you fumble the ball into the end zone and it rolls out of bounds, the other team gets it at their own 20. 

2) if you kick an extra point try and don’t make it and the ball lands in the end zone and one of your players falls on it, you get 2 points.

These were things l was not aware of before the season.

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Go watch it, his head goes straight down into the ground.  Hard. 

Watched it a few times at the time and yes, there was a high angle where it looked like the brow of his helmet hit the ground, but all the low angles did not show that.

Even the wife said it didn't...

But I'll look again..

50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

😘

If I were the troll some make me out to be I SHOULD be in here talking shit.  It's just not my style and with gipper on ignore I've found my brownsboard zen.  I might block the other mouth breathers too. 

Then Block yourself.   We define a Troll as some asshole fan from another team that comes in to stir shit...and we don't care what you believe that definition may be.  So, block yourself.

Vag is not a troll and it is even more enjoyable talking to him than some "Browns' fans" around here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

He played great, and fumbled the ball. I can't take anything from him because in the same position, human nature tells you "go for it". 

There were many plays that lost us the game and I hope we can grow out of this. 

Regarding Higgins... The next generation of Browns fans got to experience "The Fumble" Part II.  :(  We're Browns fans, if anything can go wrong- it will- at the worst possible time. 

Now MHO, and others watching the game agree. The fumble out of bounds in the end zone is a shitty rule. I've yet to watch- but if Cowher said it, I 100% agree. That unfairly penalizes the team that fumbled the ball in that manner. Either the ball goes back to where the fumble occurred- or where the play originated with loss of down. It's not that hard.