THE BROWNS BOARD

There's always next year, or the year after that

BernieSuperbowl

This was a great season. 11-5 with a playoff win and they beat the Steelers twice. We have a real head coach & QB and the best RB duo in the NFL.

Immediate reaction - the Chiefs were the better team. Having said that, I hate their fan base and punk team so I wish Mahomo and the Chiefs nothing but injuries and a loss going forward. It was a b.s. non-call on the Higgins fumble caused by a helmet to helmet. It would have been nice to get a win, but realistically could our defense stop Josh Allen, Rodgers, Brady, Brees going forward? We'd have to knock out the the enemy's starting QB in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl to win....wasn't going to happen. Our defense was pathetic again....when it was 4&9 with four and change left, I was screaming to go for it because I know our D wasn't getting us the ball back....and they let Chad Henne do it. We had drops all over the field, Chubb was off all day minus a few decent runs (why wasn't Hunt used more?).

Offseason - we need: 3 linebackers, 2 safeties, 1 starting CB, 1 nickel CB, a pass rushing DE, a speedster vertical threat WR, a kicker with range. Most of our starters on defense would be third string on other teams. 

I don't know what they do with OBJ. The sample size is big enough to clearly see that Baker is light years better without OBJ. I would try to trade OBJ for one of our many holes on defense.   

I'm very happy and proud of the Browns, the future seems very bright. 

17 minutes ago, BernieSuperbowl said:

I don't know what they do with OBJ. The sample size is big enough to clearly see that Baker is light years better without OBJ. I would try to trade OBJ for one of our many holes on defense.   

If we didn't have OBJ we would all be saying that we need a receiver....just like OBJ.  Because we do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If we didn't have OBJ we would all be saying that we need a receiver....just like OBJ.  Because we do. 

OBJ hasn't been the OBJ he used to be for quite a while now.

The Browns are paying Landry and OBJ $30mill combined. That's a ton of money, especially if the cap does not go up. 

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

OBJ hasn't been the OBJ he used to be for quite a while now.

The Browns are paying Landry and OBJ $30mill combined. That's a ton of money, especially if the cap does not go up. 

Well....OBJ was still the guy the Browns relied on to stretch the field.  

If we can get a guy as good or better for cheaper...then I am all for it. 

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

we get obj and delphit  back next year not sure about greedy with  a few draft picks Not F A we should be looking good next year

What we saw is regardless of how great a team you are- one fluke play can ruin your season. Higgins holds onto the ball, and we're the ones shuffling off to Buffalo.  

I felt bad for Nick Chubb because he has done so much to get us here, but then had the two dropped passes in a row on our final drive.

Hats off to him for getting us there in the first place. His screen pass TD last week to put the dagger into the heart of Pittspuke will not be forgotten.🗡️💔

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I felt bad for Nick Chubb because he has done so much to get us here, but then had the two dropped passes in a row on our final drive.

Hats off to him for getting us there in the first place. His screen pass TD last week to put the dagger into the heart of Pittspuke will not be forgotten.🗡️💔

Guy worked his behind off to get back this year.  Total team player- unbelievable back.  It is a shame he had one of his worst games yesterday. 

I think Stefanski needs to go with the hot hand more in the second half of games next year.

And I’d like to see more sets with Chubb and Hunt on the field at the same time. 

• Upvote 1