THE BROWNS BOARD

Blockbuster Trade

Dutch Oven

Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

15 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Stafford is all that good? I mean, he's alright, but he can't move, he doesn't consistently win, and he never struck me as the guy you'd really want leading your team. 

The issue was always:  he has great talent, but has just been in the wrong situation.  Perhaps now we shall see if that is true...or if what you say is true. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

He's going to a well-run team, so here's his chance to show the world that he can win. 

I had this bad feeling for the last couple seasons that the Steelers were somehow going to get him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Nah...

I've posted before that he just doesn't have that "it" factor. "Good" is where I peg him... just not "great".

On 2/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, jiggins7919 said:

we could have traded them kennum for less their  about the same size i believe stafford has 2 inchs on case maybe  few pounds heavier and the rams are a run based team around 4th in the league in rushing  I believe this was more of a contract dump then anything 

also their completion pct and winning pct are all most the same

4 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much.  I'd guess we're sucking it up this season and releasing before 2022.

seems the average is 2-4 million at least in the top ten highest paid case is behind mariota and hill from the saints as in top paid so for insurance purpose does 3-5 million mean all that much compared to who we could get to replace him ?

Heinicke, the WFT backup's backup who did well in that playoff game, got 8.75 over 2.  

No one deal means "all that much" but 3M times 52 players is the entire cap outside of garrett's deal [starting in 2023], so you can't have many "Eh, whatever" contracts..

7M would get us a solid starting LB or backup/spot starter DB which we're currently allocating to a clipboard holder.. both newton and dalton would be happy for much less than the 7 we're paying keenum. Salary of Newton was under 2 and dalton was 3 last season.

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'd like to get rid of Keenum somehow - his cap is a ridiculous 7.3 this season and that's just plain stupid.  Bad contract. Last season was a good value at 2.9.. now, not so much. 

1st... need a quality backup if you expect to be "in the hunt". Not sure who you have in mind who is both as good and cheaper.

2nd... don't forget about restructure possibilities. I'd guess Case has some loyalty to Stef that might make him want to hang around.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

7M would get us a solid starting LB or backup/spot starter DB which we're currently allocating to a clipboard holder.. both newton and dalton would be happy for much less than the 7 we're paying keenum. Salary of Newton was under 2 and dalton was 3 last season.

Just saw your candidates... neither is realistic "as good and cheaper" option. Cam fails the former criteria and Dalton the latter.