THE BROWNS BOARD

What if we had landed Cutler...

dawgpound3

If we had landed cutler we would have accomplished nothing cutler is just an overglorified DA that happens to look like an elf instead of a doofus...;)

Cutler is way better than DA. There is no comparison between the two. Cutler is an great QB who has excellent arm strength, and is dangerous. And DA is well i dunno just a bad quarterback.

Oh yeah, he was. I have proof. Denver wanted Quinn so bad that they were willing to trade Cutler to Cleveland.

Hey dawgpound3, I publically apologize to you. I really slammed you and I am sorry. After watching your posts I now realize where your

coming from. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, YOU are a die hard Browns fan, Thank you for that.

Hey dawgpound3, I publically apologize to you. I really slammed you and I am sorry. After watching your posts I now realize where your

coming from. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, YOU are a die hard Browns fan, Thank you for that.

Oh, thanks, I appreciate it. Anyway, if we would got Cutler, we would have significantly upgraded the QB position and there would be no QB controversy whatsoever. I hate QB controversies. They mentally xxxx up the team, and they cause problems.

I think were in play for Cutler... and they most certainly preferred Quinn to Orton (and tried again to get Quinn even AFTER they got Orton)... but most reports out of the Berean Fortress indicate that the Browns listened but didn't bite. They wanted Quinn and a pick, reportedly.

I would gave up a 2nd rounder and Quinn for Cutler. Cutler is so good. He's a rare type of QB. An QB that knows how to win. Look at that game that he played against us. He was lights out. I know it was our defense's fault and Crennel's fault. :angry: However, it proved Cutler was a leader through and through.

I would gave up a 2nd rounder and Quinn for Cutler. Cutler is so good. He's a rare type of QB. An QB that knows how to win. Look at that game that he played against us. He was lights out. I know it was our defense's fault and Crennel's fault. :angry: However, it proved Cutler was a leader through and through.

Wrong as can be. Cutler didn't fit Denver's offense. Much like he didn't fit the offense the Browns were installing. Denver had no choice to unload Cutler if McDaniels wanted to install his offense.

He ain't a franchise QB. He can't go into a system and magically transform in to its QB. He may be better than DA, but he has his limits to what he can do. You have to build around his skills, not vice versa.

Wrong as can be. Cutler didn't fit Denver's offense. Much like he didn't fit the offense the Browns were installing. Denver had no choice to unload Cutler if McDaniels wanted to install his offense.

He ain't a franchise QB. He can't go into a system and magically transform in to its QB. He may be better than DA, but he has his limits to what he can do. You have to build around his skills, not vice versa.

Cutler didn't fit in Denver's offense. Woah. 54 touchdowns and 37 interceptions and had a passer rating of 87.1 and you call that not fitting in Denver's offense . :blink:

I take Cutler over Quinn anyday. ANYDAY.

Cutler didn't fit in Denver's offense. Woah. 54 touchdowns and 37 interceptions and had a passer rating of 87.1 and you call that not fitting in Denver's offense . :blink:

I take Cutler over Quinn anyday. ANYDAY.

I give up on you. You refuse to understand what I am posting about. You are a representation of why the Cleveland Browns struggle consistantly since 1999.

I give up on you. You refuse to understand what I am posting about. You are a representation of why the Cleveland Browns struggle consistantly since 1999.

I'm a representation of why the Brownies struggle consistantly since 1999?! Well, xxxx you, Restinpeace. I think you are part of the reason. All pessmistic, and no hope. Well, xxxx you. :angry:

Just how exactly do the fans enjoying there team and being optomistic about them effect the outcomes of these games?

Your logic is flawed.

I don't believe for a moment that Mangini would have seriously considered Cutler after the circus he witnessed between the coach and QB in Denver.

This is a complete non-issue. Who cares what the Donkeys wanted ? Surely, the draft must have shown you how much Mangini values character.

You're forgetting that Mangini was the head coach at that time but still had not coached the team in any games yet.

He and Kokinis were in a position to select the coworkers they would be working with in their new positions.

Honestly man, if you already had Quinn on your roster and already saw what Cutler was like would you seriously consider Cutler? . . . and his mega contract?

I know some people feel that Cutler is proven. So what. That doesn't mean he's worth dealing with.

There was a reason the Donkeys sorely wanted Quinn after the relations with their own QB were so screwed up.

Whadda ya say we revisit this when the season is over and we'll be able to really tell who's better for the Browns.

I'm betting Mangini and Kok already made that decision.

What if. What if Quinn had went to Denver, and Cutler went to our beloved Brownies. What would of been your reaction? I thought Cutler would of been a really good QB for us and the WR core would certainly help that theory.

Jay-sus is already whining that he doesn't have an Eddie Royal or a Brandon Marshall because he needed an alibi for his cruddy performance last week. The opponent dropped 2 easy INTs and caught one. Chicago fans were expecting Jay-sus to throw strikes not gutter balls.

If you take Denver's 8 losses last year and figure out how many points they averaged in that 50% of the season you will see 15 points per game. You will also notice Cutler threw more INTs than TDs and his passer rating averaged out to be 71 over those 8 losses. I did this up in another thread about a month ago. 2 of those teams he couldn't hang with the scoring paces with were KC and Oakland. Meanwhile, everyone wondered why the new HC at Denver didn't understand the fuss over Cutler. Then again, he was able to lead Denver to 7 points vrs NE's 41. Should McDaniels have been more impressed? This is only my opinion but I think Cutler is alot more like Rex Grossman than Bears fans want to think he is. That kind of inconsistency actually WON Orton the job there over Grossman. And Orton ended up 21-12 as the starter there. Football is about victories - NOT moral victories.

The ONLY major Division I school willing to give Jay-sus a scholarship was Vanderbilt. True story and that was only because Cutler sent them some a collage of game tapes and sought out Vandy. Does this mean he didn't win in high school either? At some point you gotta win or a fanbase's patience wears thin. Stay tuned...

If you made it this far, you're prolly thinking I don't LIKE Cutler. That couldn't be further from the truth. I'd like to see this kid get the poise he's been missing under pressure and turn the corner. I'm thinking of him gagging in the red zone vrs Buffalo when he could have clinched a playoff spot with a good decision, poise and strike. When he turns the corner, he makes that play Elway used to make that has eluded him thus far.

- Tom F.

Archived