THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Sign Mo Hurst

MLD Woody

Richardson's charge against 2021 was 13.16, exact same as his salary in 2020. Dead hit against 2021 after cutting him is 1 2/3.  So savings vs cap is 11.5.

Found a flaw in my calculations - only 65 who make the roster [53 active, 12 practice squad] will charge against the cap. That total currently is 201.6 [the highest-paid 65] rather than the 208.3 i said above and shown on OTC.  Note that's only a difference of 6.7.. so we're "still" over the cap but only by 7m.

And here we still haven't included the rookies on the roster.. in calculations before I just added the rookie cost onto the end of the roster.  Say all 9 make the team. Rookie pool is 8,931,008.. I'll underestimate and remove the 9 lowest salaries.. so top 56 plus the rookies.  Or, to be exact, top 55 plus DPJ because DPJ's salary as a 7th rounder is 826 while the vet minimum is 850.  So the 65 for 2021 season including the draftpicks is 200,658,119.  Dead is 2,681,770. Cap is 182,500,000. So 203,339,889 is our 2021 total..

This assumes the most expensive guys make the roster.. if JoJoNatson [874,265] gets cut and Sheldon Day makes the roster [850] that's 25k lower roster expense.

So with cap space of 20,935,462 and these assumptions [which won't play out] we're now 95,573 under the cap for 2021.

Let's see what happens!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Browns just released Richardson.

So.......

I'm waiting for them to sign Mo. If not, I won't like having Clowney over Richardson. Clowney+Mo Hurst makes sense to me as an upgrade from last season. 

On 4/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, LBC mike said:

atkins is still out there

Who are you proposing cutting to acquire the salary cap space? 

As the Chiefs demonstrated last season, we need a plan for OL injuries.  Hubbard looks like a fun way to get 4.9 of space - but he sure was helpful last season for a few games.  Njoku and his 6 don't have any takers, and we apparently play TE2/TE3 more than WR3/WR4.. it gets pretty barren after that.  Keenum would be a 7M dead hit this year, 

At present, after releasing Richardson and including the rookies whose salaries are already known, we have under 100k available. 

Fun fact, the increase in Johnson/Hill/Ward/Mayfield already are a 20M increase from 2021 to 2022 [assuming 5th yr option] .. so next season we have basically the same situation with RG and RB up for renewal and neither Takk/Clowney signed.. even if the cap increases by 20M.  Here's an early call of Harris starting 2022 at C [release Tretter to save 8.2] and Teller replaced at RG for 2022 with another late-round IOL this season spending a year learning and spot-starting under Callahan.

apparently he didn't want to leave and go too far:

49ers agree to deals with Hurst, Key

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/article/49...

1 day ago · SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — The San Francisco 49ers have added two former Raiders defensive linemen by agreeing to contracts with defensive tackle Maurice …

• Haha 1