THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2 & 3

Tour2ma

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... in late Feb Pete Smith was writing about how we might draft Williams late Day-3... and then maybe stash him on the PS.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/draft-fits-milton-williams

I guess we are no longer concerned about fast risers... :D

His Pro Day numbers are impressive, but has anyone actually broken down any game tape on this guy?

PFF have a decent pass rush grade on him 

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... in late Feb Pete Smith was writing about how we might draft Williams late Day-3... and then maybe stash him on the PS.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/draft-fits-milton-williams

I guess we are no longer concerned about fast risers... :D

Anyone actually broken down any game tape on this guy?

heard a radio interview that told me to watch this Catz film.. Rolled thru two games each from 18 & 19.. than watched his UAB game in 20 to watch his growth... If you don't like Basham's get off? This kid has better..long arm punch, that swings to DT like Myles does from inside & out..Had a great goal line stand to beat UAB in OT.. He's a great kid with room to grow... from his interview? His Dad won't let him get lazy 💪

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

PFF have a decent pass rush grade on him 

I'm sure they do... but who was talking about this kid a month ago? or even a week ago?

You first mentioned his Pro Day at the end of March... SdB liked him about a week later and mentioned him a gain a couple weeks ago. None of the posts generated any discussion until you posted about him this Wednesday. http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=milton williams&search_and_or=and&start_after=six_months&sortby=relevancy

Now check out this google of his name. From the look of it every team has discovered him in the past few days.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

No... You're too stupid... Bye!

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm sure they do... but who was talking about this kid a month ago? or even a week ago?

You first mentioned his Pro Day at the end of March... SdB liked him about a week later and mentioned him a gain a couple weeks ago. None of the posts generated any discussion until you posted about him this Wednesday. http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=milton williams&search_and_or=and&start_after=six_months&sortby=relevancy

Now check out this google of his name. From the look of it every team has discovered him in the past few days.

I guess the results made everyone sit up and take notice 

Let's roll Berry ! ! ...it's a 125th'ish man draft & it hits about 96 tonight... Here we go Brownies! 🔊......    .........  ....... Jags get on the Clock 

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Diving in now...

Well... Daddy musta lit into him at halftime cause Milton did absolutely nothing in the first half. He looked like he sleepwalked thru that half. I mean he did not show a hint of the story his Pro Day numbers are telling.

2nd half was like a light switch was thrown... nite and day.

There's the get-off... there's the strength... problem is for all the traits showing out, there really was no production. Late in the 3rd he finally got his first tackle of the game... a solo... but that was because the RB cut the wrong way. The OG had turned him out and the RB cut outside... but he did make the TFL.

Later, in the 4th he made a very nice stack and shed for a 2nd solo. This one was a legit TFL. But that was it...

By the Dbl OT periods he looked gassed.... no shame in that.

Pass rush-wise... no pressures... only one clean beat of the OG he was over (a decent swim)... very few moves, but raw is to be expected... he did try one spin and it looked pretty, but was to no benefit.

Most of the time he played 3-tech... mostly over RG, but some over LG. Early he played some 5/borderline 7 at LDE, but he wasn't effectual vs the RT.

Bottom line... one tape displaying limited production against questionable competition... not a lot to go on... especially for the price of a 2nd round pick.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

2nd half was like a light switch was thrown... nite and day.

There's the get-off... there's the strength... 

that's a fair assessment for a 3rd rounder as i see him..

With the 34th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the New York J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets select:

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

He would have fit well as the explosive little guy at WR that Tour wanted for the Browns. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

With the 34th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the New York J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets select:

He would have fit well as the explosive little guy at WR that Tour wanted for the Browns. 

OBJ was raving about him 

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

With the 35th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select:

Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina

I feel like I am there...

• Haha 1