THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Swartz - the second steal of the draft for the Browns?

calfoxwc

23 minutes ago, nickers said:

He was in the Gus Malzahn system wich really does not cater to the WR position... I'm glad we passed on him as a potential HC here... I still think this kid is a very solid pick... I wouldnt be asking much from him this year , except on ST's ....

I looked this up on another board as someone said similar.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but i do remember that Auburn ran 734 plays last season and ran the ball 30 more times than they passed.

I don't know if by saying "catering to" means being in a run heavy offense, but the numbers show a very balanced offense.  I couldn't say what happened in previous years.

I have to say I was a little surprised by my findings as well.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I looked this up on another board as someone said similar.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but i do remember that Auburn ran 734 plays last season and ran the ball 30 more times than they passed.

I don't know if by saying "catering to" means being in a run heavy offense, but the numbers show a very balanced offense.  I couldn't say what happened in previous years.

I have to say I was a little surprised by my findings as well.

You guys got to quit needling nickers with mere football statistics.😂

1 hour ago, nickers said:

He was in the Gus Malzahn system wich really does not cater to the WR position... I'm glad we passed on him as a potential HC here... I still think this kid is a very solid pick... I wouldnt be asking much from him this year , except on ST's ....

When were we ever considering Malzahn  as HC?  I don't think I ever heard that. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

When were we ever considering Malzahn  as HC?  I don't think I ever heard that. 

He was on a list of candidates some years back.. But I think he declined the interview

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You need to go root for the Cowgirls and don't come back... Hillbilly!

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm pretty lucky with the friends I got. I keep a tight circle, always have, always will.  My 5 dearest, we jokingly refer to ourselves as the Security Council, I've known since the earliest days of high school.  The better part of 20 years now. 

1 is black, 1 is bi-racial, 1... his dad is a Pacific Islander, and we fuck around calling him Pineapple Express, he hates it but all of us die laughing. Then the two resident white boys with above average skills - myself included.     We fuck around and share all sorts of meme's in our group chat ranging from serious stuff (Doge coin) to stereotypes about skin color and the such.  I'm white, I hate mayo, don't really like ranch and I drive a Cadillac, believe me I get shit thrown my way all the time by these 4.  They're jealous because I actually am the best dancer of the group.      Just this Saturday I heard "why do all white people smell like bologna and mayo"...    Couldn't stop laughing.     Why? I love these guys, we're a unit and I know they mean zero harm in what they say.  

This... the bolded, however.   That doesn't quite pass the "were amongst friends", smell test.  

tIA is actually some fat kid who reads alot and is really smart.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, nickers said:

You need to go root for the Cowgirls and don't come back... Hillbilly!

Never did like the Cowgirls and never have lived in the hills though I do live on the edge of what they call the Texas Hill Country.

If you send me to Dallas I'll take Garrett with me.😂

37 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Never did like the Cowgirls and never have lived in the hills though I do live on the edge of what they call the Texas Hill Country.

If you send me to Dallas I'll take Garrett with me.😂

He wouldn't be caught dead with a loser like you... LOL

9 hours ago, nickers said:

His Mother is also name Schwartz...

You say that as if it is unusual...

tia dealt with the rest.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You say that as if it is unusual...

tia dealt with the rest.

No , it;s not unusual.. just matter of fact!

9 hours ago, nickers said:

He wouldn't be caught dead with a loser like you... LOL

For someone who doesn't know a damn thing about me, you sure are being judgemental. Stop looking in the mirror.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, tiamat63 said:

So was John Ross at one point.

What happens when you shop at Ross ...... you think your getting Jerry Rice but the qualiity isn't there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, darren15 said:

What happens when you shop at Ross ...... you think your getting Jerry Rice but the qualiity isn't there.

I fucking love that place though.  That and TJ Maxx.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tom Jones-put him on the "listening" thread.😁

Turbo Thursday's my guy.  Got a little SevenDust going right now.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

I Hate Ross...the island of misfit shoes and clothes.  Hidden stains or one arm is longer than the other on a shirt.  Returned and repackaged briefs. Hell no.  

Ive had better luck at TJ Maxx.  I love TJ Maxx cookware, spices, kitchen gadgets, rocks glasses, etc.  

Back in Day when I lived in Ohio  I used to go to Gabriel Brothers.  They were definitely a step under Ross too.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have it on good authority that It's not unusual to be loved by anyone.

Ok IDIOT!

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

For someone who doesn't know a damn thing about me, you sure are being judgemental. Stop looking in the mirror.

Don't talk to me you Hillbilly!

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Don't talk to me you Hillbilly!

LOL! I will have to admit you are the only person in my life who ever called me a Hillbilly. But that kind of is in line with a lot of your wayward football posts, so I am not shocked.😂

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I wasn't needling.  I get along with Nick just fine.  I was just pointing out the actual numbers.  I know there is a well deserved notion that Auburn is a running team.  It isn't that they don't pass enough to be balanced, they just run the ball batter than most others year in and year out.  Pro coaches have been going down to Auburn, Alabama for a good number of years to get a little coaching on running the ball.  Gus is the best with schemes and splits..

• Thanks 1

Really excellent background on Schwartz growing up - on his way to stardom.

Don't underestimate his impact on the Browns, folks.