THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal Kent?

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Superman is not a title exclusive to Clark Kent though and there have been characters almost 40 years old that have taken (temporarily, mostly)  the mantle of Superman through-out these publications.

To summarize.

- You hate super hero movies

- whine about something you claim to hate

- show a lack of analysis that would have taken you 90 seconds of digging to find out this isn't some new character or idea

- agitated about a black superman so much that you knee jerk make a thread, for said whining, about a character that isn't even Clark Kent.   Which, again, just a few moments of searching you would have found.

- came here, went "DERRRRP" link dropped a thread creation and have the nerve to say "so what?" When you get a response.

...and here we are.

This sort of thing sounds like a bitch with a menstrual.   You're complaining about something you demonstrably lacked understanding of. 

Steve, you're become more unreadable by the day.

You may have noticed I deleted my post [ edit]. I was unaware of the Earth 2  reference.  I will respond to the other shit.

WSS

55 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

[Edit]

Superman is not a title exclusive to Clark Kent though and there have been characters almost 40 years old that have taken (temporarily, mostly)  the mantle of Superman through-out these publications.

To summarize.

- You hate super hero movies

I do but in general I like superheroes especially the ones I grew up with. I think the movies are becoming more and more exactly the same thing noise and explosions and ridiculous situations. Some more some less.

- whine about something you claim to hate

That's not really part of the original reference but yes sometimes I bitch about bad movies. No reason to think this will suck as bad as a black panther.

- show a lack of analysis that would have taken you 90 seconds of digging to find out this isn't some new character or idea

As I said I missed the Earth two reference and the Earth to reference in the story. I still think the concept itself is race baiting bullshit but whatever. I haven't seen it.

- agitated about a black superman so much that you knee jerk make a thread, for said whining, about a character that isn't even Clark Kent.   Which, again, just a few moments of searching you would have found.

Yes  a few moments that I regrettably did not take.

- came here, went "DERRRRP" link dropped a thread creation and have the nerve to say "so what?" When you get a response.

And even with that knowledge I think so what is a good enough response. For the record, the blaxploitation films from decades back were stupid too.

...and here we are.

This sort of thing sounds like a bitch with a menstrual.   You're complaining about something you demonstrably lacked understanding of. 

Asked and answered.

Steve, you're become more unreadable by the day.

Shit. Im striving for hourly increments.

Sorry about the typos

Calvin Ellis was based on Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States. Prior to being elected, he once joked on TV that he was sent to Earth from the dying planet Krypton, by his father, Jor-El.

He was later added to Final Crisis #7 as a version of Superman. Writer Grant Morrison confirmed that the character was intended to be Barack Obama.[1]

The character was unnamed in his first appearance in Final Crisis, and so was assumed to simply be Barack Obama. However, with the release of Action Comics #9, his name was revealed to be Calvin Ellis. He also had the Kryptonian name of Kalel.

🙄

On 5/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, Westside Steve said:

You may have noticed I deleted my post [ edit]. I was unaware of the Earth 2  reference.  I will respond to the other shit.

WSS

I did not.   I honestly have no idea what Earth 2 is - the movies are about as far as my inner nerd goes.     Although I do love me some Lord of the Rings series and still have my paperback copy of Return of the King.  

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I did not.   I honestly have no idea what Earth 2 is - the movies are about as far as my inner nerd goes.     Although I do love me some Lord of the Rings series and still have my paperback copy of Return of the King.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-Two

Earth 2 as well as dimension this or that or red kryptonite* as well as imaginary tales have been used over the years if the writers wanted to step off the reservation. Why should it matter if Superman is basically imaginary character?Because the storyline and the origin is what it is. Purists and semi purists  of which I am one . 

( Conversely 007 is a rank held by James bond and could actually be held by anyo. 

You also missed the mark, I don't hate superhero movies I hate bad ones. That most of them suck. Directors and producers take the easy way out and spent all the money on FX. The stories almost always suck. But as to purism I will give you an example. Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor wore a wig. One of the reasons Luthor hates Superman stems back to Smallville. At any rate Luthor cannot wear a wig because he is allergic to any other human hair or artificial..

WSS

*  Affect Superman or any Kryptonian in a different way and last for 48 hours

On 5/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, Westside Steve said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-Two

Earth 2 as well as dimension this or that or red kryptonite* as well as imaginary tales have been used over the years if the writers wanted to step off the reservation. Why should it matter if Superman is basically imaginary character?Because the storyline and the origin is what it is. Purists and semi purists  of which I am one . 

( Conversely 007 is a rank held by James bond and could actually be held by anyo. 

You also missed the mark, I don't hate superhero movies I hate bad ones. That most of them suck. Directors and producers take the easy way out and spent all the money on FX. The stories almost always suck. But as to purism I will give you an example. Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor wore a wig. One of the reasons Luthor hates Superman stems back to Smallville. At any rate Luthor cannot wear a wig because he is allergic to any other human hair or artificial..

WSS

*  Affect Superman or any Kryptonian in a different way and last for 48 hours

Well, I can't disagree there.

Watchmen had promise, but that's not a material that easily translates to screen.     If at all...

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well, I can't disagree there.

Watchmen had promise, but that's not a material that easily translates to screen.     If at all...

It did.  And I thought deadpool was a great idea.  Frankly I thought they could have done a lot better job with Harley Quinn too. And even though I much prefer DC heroes to Marvel I have to admit Stan Lee, even though he stole most of his ideas, one upped the DC characters.  X-Men is clearly an imitation of legion of superheroes but Marvel did a great job and DC dropped the Ball.

WSS