THE BROWNS BOARD

Mahomes thinks Chiefs can go 20-0

The Gipper

On 5/31/2021 at 2:55 PM, Mr. Make-Believe said:

The Chiefs aren’t going 1-0, let alone 20

I love the confidence. But do you really feel this way? I wouldn't expect us to beat possibly the best team with perhaps a Hall of Fame coach. Chiefs WILL be ready...hopefully we will too! 

10 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

This is the best thing I've ever seen.  LOL

You guys went 5-3 in those 8 games including a loss to the JETS.  You guys also played a collection of some of the worst defenses over that 8 games.  ....and of course, in a playoff game VS Kc, in wich Mahomes left early in the third quarter...you guys generated 17 points, and 300 total yards of offense.  

Baker, in his 2 starts VS Mahomes in the NFL is 0-2 

Well, looking back at the 2020 season, the Browns were #22 in points allowed per game. The only way we were beating teams was usually by Baker putting up 40 points.  Browns 2021 defense much improved. Top draft picks Williams and Delpit didn't play a down last year .The defensive secondary was a mess.  Garrett missed time because of covid, and when he came back he was far from 100%. OBJ lost 1\2 the season because of that ACL.  

As they say in investing RE: Baker- Mahomes... past performance is no indicator of future success... 

The one thing the Chiefs have going for them is the Browns unrivaled string of suckage in openers. Oh fer since 2005, with one tie. 

This will be a different game.  

The Browns were coming off of a MASSIVE emotional high after beating Pitt.  They had end of season COVID issues (essentially a large number of guys coming back from it: including the HC).  The defensive personnel for Cleveland completely different.  The offense adds OBJ. 

Last year I wanted no part of a shootout with KC.

Shocking to say but I see KC…easing this young offensive line in (it is a much better unit but it’s gonna take time) and sticking to bread and butter run concepts and just taking a few shots downfield and employing the East and west quick pass game for the most part.  They want nothing to do with Myles vs Niang. They don’t know what looks this new defense will give to their young talented Center. 

We have to be prepared to play in a smaller box and stop the run and tackle WR/Backs/TE on the perimeter. 

Im going to be very surprised if we don’t play well.  

Prediction coming next week…

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Well... had they won today (TN blew them out), to go 20-0 it could have been with next Man up at QB...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/patrick-mahomes-injury-chiefs-titans/1024e9zvwup241nod33h6223xc

Knee to head apparently... shades of our playoff game with them.