THE BROWNS BOARD

Mahomes thinks Chiefs can go 20-0

The Gipper

1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

You guys aren't going to enjoy week 1.  The KC Line is going to be good.  the D is better.  

The Browns will crush them!... Watch!

9 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

You guys aren't going to enjoy week 1.  The KC Line is going to be good.  the D is better.  

Oh, Mahomo.

Offensive lines need to gel. You've got 5 new guys playing together, it may very well end up being a good bunch, but it will take some time.

Take Cleveland, for example. They have no new faces on the OL, because they were the best OL in the NFL last year. And they have the best OL coach in the League .

As for your other comment "the D is better" ... very insightful.... but how and why?

Z

37 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Oh, Mahomo.

Offensive lines need to gel. You've got 5 new guys playing together, it may very well end up being a good bunch, but it will take some time.

Take Cleveland, for example. They have no new faces on the OL, because they were the best OL in the NFL last year. And they have the best OL coach in the League .

As for your other comment "the D is better" ... very insightful.... but how and why?

Z

On the other hand, defenses need time to gel, and the Browns have an almost complete overhaul of theirs. 

This should be an intriguing matchup, but one I wish was later in the season. 

Not trying to feed the troll here…but I thought the Chiefs did some pretty decent run blocking last night. 

I really like their rookie center. 

Now pass blocking I think they were a tad more susceptible.  Not sacks just Mahomes getting flushed out and I saw preseason vanilla fronts were happening and blitz packages happening last night.  Woods has got to dial it up and our bookends need get there week 1.

I anticipate a vanilla game plan from the chiefs. Dink and dunk short game giving the new line a chance and I really expect a 50/50 run:pass gameplan and expect that from them early as their line gels. We are going to have to make sure we stop the run.

• Upvote 1

Zombo asked me to elaborate further about KC's D and why it should be better. 

In no particular order.

KC signed Jarran Reed.  This has allowed Chris Jones to move to DE on most downs, and then back inside on obvious passing downs.  That has looked good in preseason.  KC has also seen the emergence of Tershawn Wharton at DT.  Keep that name in mind.  Of course Frank Clark situation isn't a plus....but as that stands now, he'll be playing week 1.  

The emergence of LB Willie Gay.  Gay was KC's 2nd rounder last year.  Had a lot of first round grades, but he was the guy who got in trouble for punching his own QB at Miss ST. as some of you may recall.  The covid/no camp/no offseason slowed him up as Spagnuolo's D is somewhat complicated, but he's up to speed now and is making plays and shows up in coverage...something KC has lacked at LB.  He is a substantial upgrade over Wilson, who started there last year.

In the Secondary, you've probably heard of La Jarious Sneed...he's good and will play more.  KC also traded to get Mike Hughes at CB, former 1st round draft pick from the Vikings and last year we picked up D'andre Baker, former Giants 1st rounder.  Both, have looked good...especially Hughes, who may start.

The most important thing to note here is that Jones is going to be move around, and there is more depth on the D line...and the LB position is faster and offers more coverage ability.  I'm not telling you it's a leaps and bounds type improvement..KC had a decent D last year....it will be a little better than last years unit.

I'd continue to point out that the O'line is going to be the story of the Chiefs season....being able to run and having teams know we can run....will be HUGE.  Don't be surprised if KC rolls out a lot of two TE, or RB/FB sets and do wild and crazy things out of those to great effect.  

I am most definitely a biased Chiefs homer, but I am not beyond being objective about my team. (losing Bashaud Breeland at CB does suck and Clarks stupid ass doesn't help)  ....I'm not trying to be an A hole....but Cleveland isn't going to have a good time week 1.  

Keep in Mind Andy Ried with Mahomes is undefeated in September.  He has them ready to go when it's time to go.

9 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Keep in Mind Andy Ried with Mahomes is undefeated in September.  He has them ready to go when it's time to go.

I hear a lot of that from *ichigan fans over the last 10 years or so.     Rather win in September or in January?   

As for Chris Jones being moved around - I'm watching the game right now.  Not necessarily seeing this as a net positive for your team on early downs.   You've taken your best interior disruptor and parked him 4i.   He isn't winning the edge, and you're allowing Baker interior pocket integrity.   So whoever your weakside edge is, Clark or otherwise, is going to get a heavy dose to that side or ISO to that replacement 3tech.    Also shows something the Cards went at early in that pre-season game then sort of pocketed for another time - the smoke and flanker screens to that side.    Betting on a big boy not being fast enough (not saying that Chris Jones isn't a good athlete for his size) but hoping he can get in and help clean up with pursuit after getting off the line.  That's a tall order for anyone 290lbs.    On top of doing what CLE did last time - calling the game in reverse and passing to run.

You're also not considering, despite your claimed "objectiveness" that Cleveland went toe to toe with KC in their house before Mahomes was out.    This is also ignoring, or simply looking at your team and matchup in a vacuum, that the Browns have made improvements both offensively but most obviously defensively as well.    Of course KC has the offense to exploit just about any defensive personnel.  But how do you figure we go from slug fest to blow out in the course of one off-season?

It would take a series of turnovers and poor execution for this to not somehow end up being a great game.

Try again.  

Wow...you guys sure remember that game alot differently the most people.

KC was up 19-3 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter wich is about when Mahomes went out.  KC was up 16-3 when the endzone fumble thing happend.

KC finished with 438 total yards to Clevelands 308.  KC also outrushed Cleveland 123 to 112....  Cleveland was also 3 for 3 on 4th down ...and still couldn't generate any yards.  

That was "toe to toe"?

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Wow...you guys sure remember that game alot differently the most people.

KC was up 19-3 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter wich is about when Mahomes went out.  KC was up 16-3 when the endzone fumble thing happend.

KC finished with 438 total yards to Clevelands 308.  KC also outrushed Cleveland 123 to 112....  Cleveland was also 3 for 3 on 4th down ...and still couldn't generate any yards.  

That was "toe to toe"?

Can't wait til the Browns kick KC's ass in 4 weeks.. Let's see then if you're man enough to come back and talk shit.. or eat crow.. You are just like those ass hat stooler and rat bird fans... Blinded by homerism and sheer stupidity.... I guess you never saw 'Any given Sunday"

7 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

So the 1 in 10,000 hit caused a 10 point swing just before the half. Otherwise it's a one score game in the third quarter.

Like I said, that's about as toe to toe as it gets. Especially against a good team in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Get at me when you find your way back to reality and want to address my counter points on Chris Jones.  Otherwise, despite saying you're not trying to be an asshole... that's all you really have offered. 

On 8/23/2021 at 3:07 AM, nickers said:

Can't wait til the Browns kick KC's ass in 4 weeks.. Let's see then if you're man enough to come back and talk shit.. or eat crow.. You are just like those ass hat stooler and rat bird fans... Blinded by homerism and sheer stupidity.... I guess you never saw 'Any given Sunday"

Blinded by homerism? That’s this entire forum 😜

as for sheer stupidity, go to the political forum. It’s all over there. ( On both sides )😂

• Upvote 1

Vegas has this game at KC -6.

Only SF At Detroit (Det +7.5)

and Chi At Rams (LA +7)

Have bigger spreads.

Vegas thinks the difference in talent between KC and Cleveland is about the same as the difference in talent between Chi and the Rams.  I don't think you fine Browns fans appreciate just how loaded KC is.....and like most fan bases, you overestimate your own dudes. ....I don't do that....Vegas and I clearly think very highly of the Chiefs.

Week 1 won't be fun for you.

14 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

and Chi At Rams (LA +7)

Have bigger spreads.

Vegas thinks the difference in talent between KC and Cleveland is about the same as the difference in talent between Chi and the Rams.  I don't think you fine Browns fans appreciate just how loaded KC is.....and like most fan bases, you overestimate your own dudes. ....I don't do that....Vegas and I clearly think very highly of the Chiefs.

So Vegas thinks you have a 3 point better team.

Seeing as you represented the AFC in the Super Bowl the last two years and beat us in the playoffs last year, that seems fair.

You seem like that guy that starts talking loud when he gets nervous.

Z

• Upvote 2

and Chi At Rams (LA +7)

Have bigger spreads.

Vegas also made money off (you) the suckers in the Superbowl knowing the KC Oline was going to get trashed but lived off the performance against the Bills.

Are you going to rebuttal my point about Chris Jones?

Regarding Jones.....he IS athletic enough and fast enough to make it work on the outside.  He will be out at end quite a bit, but not always.  We don't lose anything when he's there.  He wouldn't be there if we hadn't signed Jarran Reed....KC also feels the depth at DT is strong so Jones at End is going to be a thing.  It's looked good so far.  PS...the Cardinals went 3 and out in their first 6 or so drives with their 1's vs our 1's.  KC's defense will be improved from last year when it was decent and good VS the pass.   this year will be better.  its a better overall group.

Also, I am not oblivous to the fact that Cleveland has the leagues best O-line.  I am not trying to say Cleveland sucks.  Far from it.  You should win your divison, win a lot of games and very well could meet us again in the playoffs.  For as good and promising as your team is....I am just saying KC is still better and week 1, AT KC is going to be a rough day.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

So Vegas thinks you have a 3 point better team.

Seeing as you represented the AFC in the Super Bowl the last two years and beat us in the playoffs last year, that seems fair.

You seem like that guy that starts talking loud when he gets nervous.

Z

It's all good Z....looking forward to that week 1 game.....should be interesting.

We’ve arrived when the back to back AFC champs and their spokesperson Pat Mahomo arrive on the Board and is talking up the game 16 days away from kickoff.  

But The Browns aren’t here to arrive in Week 1..week 8…week 12….week 17…it is survive advance…win a division be one better than the team just to the southEast, our cross state rival and the team with a crab problem…stay healthy…get hot at the right time…have a little luck…have some career years.

I don’t know what to expect.

But….

It is hard to go 20-0 when you start 0-1

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

and Chi At Rams (LA +7)

Have bigger spreads.

Betting odds mean nothing...  Vegas thinks a lot of uneducated bettors are going to take the Chiefs to cover based on reputation. Let me remind you the Browns were 5.5 point dogs last year in the playoff game against the Steelers.   :)    

Sure, the Chiefs have a great team. But with a seriously upgraded defense- so do the Browns. It's been a long, long time since I was able to say that. 

One thing the Chieftains have going for them is the Browns unrivaled ongoing record streak of opening game losses.   

Regarding Jones.....he IS athletic enough and fast enough to make it work on the outside.  He will be out at end quite a bit, but not always.  We don't lose anything when he's there.  He wouldn't be there if we hadn't signed Jarran Reed....KC also feels the depth at DT is strong so Jones at End is going to be a thing.  It's looked good so far.  PS...the Cardinals went 3 and out in their first 6 or so drives with their 1's vs our 1's.  KC's defense will be improved from last year when it was decent and good VS the pass.   this year will be better.  its a better overall group.

Also, I am not oblivous to the fact that Cleveland has the leagues best O-line.  

Your missing the fact, Browns Backs,TE's & WR's team block better than a preseason Zona... Jones will see this coming from the edge too..KC preseason week 1 at 49'ers.. come prepared for that...

preseason-Zona, ain't close to 49'ers or Browns, when it comes to setting up offensive unit blocking..   

Vs Minnesoata tonight. KC's 1's on O, vs Min 1's on D.  2 drives, 2 TD.

Minny 1's on O VS KC 1's on D.  2 drives, 1 FG and 1 3 and out.

KC looked strong.  probably a better team than the teams that made the last 2 super bowls.  

Not going to be a good day for the Browns on opening day.  You'll need 35+ to pull the upset.

42 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

KC looked strong.  probably a better team than the teams that made the last 2 super bowls.  

Not going to be a good day for the Browns on opening day.  You'll need 35+ to pull the upset.

The Chiefs might very well be very, very good this season. They might even blow the doors off the Browns in Week 1.

But you look like a boob using a preseason game to try and push this agenda. 

• Upvote 2

Just a couple of starters played zero snaps for Minnesota in game 3.   This took me all of 9 seconds to find.

O : Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen

D : Danielle Hunter, Patrick Peterson, Harrison Smith, Eric Kendricks, Anthony Barr

Surely none of these players would have had any impact on the game with KC.  I agree with all internet conclusions!

On 8/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, Pat Mahomo said:

You look stupid right now. And your setting yourself up to look really stupid if the browns win week 1. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It's time to get busy on what the Browns think of KC going 20-0.. It's about us !

Don't confuse him with more solid statistics... His brain will have a cluster fuck...

• Haha 1

This is the best thing I've ever seen.  LOL

You guys went 5-3 in those 8 games including a loss to the JETS.  You guys also played a collection of some of the worst defenses over that 8 games.  ....and of course, in a playoff game VS Kc, in wich Mahomes left early in the third quarter...you guys generated 17 points, and 300 total yards of offense.  

Baker, in his 2 starts VS Mahomes in the NFL is 0-2