THE BROWNS BOARD

Managing The Game

Sony Reed

I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

I don't feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady\'s short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

I don\'t feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

God awful analysis

Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

Too true. that pretty much sums this whole thing up. hammer meets nail. on the head.

BQ Nation is giving you the 'nervous laugh with no real response' treatment. That's because there is no response to make.

Nice summation, although I would add in the fact that Anderson can make throws that Quinn is physically incapable of making.

Too true. that pretty much sums this whole thing up. hammer meets nail. on the head.

BQ Nation is giving you the 'nervous laugh with no real response' treatment. That's because there is no response to make.

Nice summation, although I would add in the fact that Anderson can make throws that Quinn is physically incapable of making.

So, where is the argument that DA's game went to garbage when the opposition took away the deep ball? You know, in a truly FAIR debate, it has to be pointed out both ways...

Just sayin'......

And with DA SMART TEAMS (IE NOT THE GIANTS IN 2008) will play cover 2 and cover 3 all day and wait for DA to "stare down" a linebacker like he's done in camp, and then you better HOPE James Davis breaks a bunch of 80 yards runs.

Please...

Even if James Davis busts out an 80-yard run with DA under center, Lumbergh will find a way to attribute that to DA. He will say that DA "led" the team to a score.

not in preseason you don't

But they were showing their blitz packages when Anderson was in there? I mean, you did say he got hit on both throws (which he did, but I am merely pointing out another instance where you bring certain arguments to the table only when it helps your cause.)

OK I get it - In the preseason, teams will show their blitz packages, but won't put eight in the box.

:rolleyes:

Please...

Even if James Davis busts out an 80-yard run with DA under center, Lumbergh will find a way to attribute that to DA. He will say that DA "led" the team to a score.

kind of like how Quinn led the Browns to 30 points in Buffalo? He's a scoring machine!! GIVE HIM THE START!!!

I gotta say, Quinn can take three consecutive Trent Edwards interceptions in his red zone and turn them all into zero yards and a field goal like nobody's business.

And he handed off to Harrison for that 1 play 72 yd scoring drive like a true leader.

kind of like how Quinn led the Browns to 30 points in Buffalo? He's a scoring machine!! GIVE HIM THE START!!!

I gotta say, Quinn can take three consecutive Trent Edwards interceptions in his red zone and turn them all into zero yards and a field goal like nobody's business.

And he handed off to Harrison for that 1 play 72 yd scoring drive like a true leader.

You do realize we could cherrypick back and forth all night and it would do no good, right? I mean, it's not hard to spin certain things so they look good from your perspective.

Here let me take one of your phrases and show you how easy it is...

You say, "I gotta say, Quinn can take three consecutive Trent Edwards interceptions in his red zone and turn them all into zero yards and a field goal like nobody's business."

I can change that to, "I gotta say, Anderson can take on a depleted Cincinnati defense with the playoffs on the line and gift-wrap five INT's like no ones business,"

The more you talk, the more I realize that you really don't have any idea what you are talking about. At all. You should really just stop analyzing the game of football... forever. You aren't any good at it.

Sony,

GO back to your hole son, your not helping Lumsford out with your Dennis Miller-esque football analysis....

Nobody is attempting to help Lums, I have my opinion and you have yours, I am of the opinion that Brady Quinn is a dink and dunker and if you think any defense is going to respect Brady dinking and dunking all game then you should go watch some football and learn a little before you come here trying to act like you know everything, teams are going to stack 8-9 men in the box and dare BQ to throw downfield, now if you want to watch the Browns win 2 or 3 games this year then continue to want BQ as the starter.

I am not a Derek Anderson fan but I know enough to know we will/can win more games with Anderson starting than Quinn

Now go back and play with Lum ....you are quite good at that....makes me think you have a crush on Lums

For the most part I agree on managing the game.

I don't buy in to that all that much....qbs who manage the game are qbs who lack a skill set IMO.

That doesn't mean you want your qb going willy nilly, but game management is a term used too often these days.

I think it is a buzzword that needs to see it's end.

Nobody is attempting to help Lums, I have my opinion and you have yours, I am of the opinion that Brady Quinn is a dink and dunker and if you think any defense is going to respect Brady dinking and dunking all game then you should go watch some football and learn a little before you come here trying to act like you know everything, teams are going to stack 8-9 men in the box and dare BQ to throw downfield, now if you want to watch the Browns win 2 or 3 games this year then continue to want BQ as the starter.

I am not a Derek Anderson fan but I know enough to know we will/can win more games with Anderson starting than Quinn

Now go back and play with Lum ....you are quite good at that....makes me think you have a crush on Lums

I agree. Quinn's deep ball is shaky at best. Sure, he can throw long. But the question is can he throw deep accurately? See, that's two different things. Throwing a deep ball and throwing a deep ball accurately. Anderson is excellent on the deep balls, and is even good on the medium-long routes. I have my doubts about Quinn. I have two Quinn Jerseys. I would like to see Quinn start, but there are many question marks about Quinn, it's not even funny. And maybe that's why we need to start Quinn.

I am of the opinion that Brady Quinn is a dink and dunker and if you think any defense is going to respect Brady dinking and dunking all game then you should go watch some football and learn a little before you come here trying to act like you know everything

You are operating under the FALSE ASSUMPTION that BQ is only a dinker and dunker.

Makes me think YOU are the one who hasn't watched any football.

You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. :)

You are operating under the FALSE ASSUMPTION that BQ is only a dinker and dunker.

Makes me think YOU are the one who hasn't watched any football.

When have you seen BQ throw downfield, most of his passes are of the dink and dunk like Charlie Frye and we all saw how well Charlie Frye played

How many people kept saying Frye would be good, I recall some posters saying he would be like Drew Bree's by his 3rd year, DA took the same team Frye did nothing with and led us to 10 wins, Frye is where he should be 3rd string

BQ is looks to me like a career backup qb

What does it say about BQ as bad as people knock DA but Brady can't outplay him and take the job, Quinn is just not very good

The quarterback of the future for the Browns is currently not on the 2009 roster

I have a question -

Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

You are seeing things your own way man.

On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. :)

The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

I have a question -

Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

You are seeing things your own way man.

On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

I agree. I'm tired of excuses. I just want to see an QB that plays good, smart football.

The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

Ok, if you put THAT game on BQ, how many games do you put on Anderson? Lets be fair here.

I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something. Also, Crennel also didn't think favorably of Quinn. Crennel didn't want Quinn to start at all. I guess he really liked DA which also got his ass canned for it.

I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something.

Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

Or maybe the verdict of 2 coaches is the same....they just don't like what he brings to the field and locker room.

Yeah. Maybe the dinking and dunking doesn't cut it for Mangini. After all, Mangini offensive philosophy consists of I-formation, 5 WR sets, and maybe some ISO plays.

Archived