THE BROWNS BOARD

Carl Nassib is Gay

Zombo

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, I deleted most of the personal insults. If you want to do more insulting- go to the (virtually free) moderation zone over on the political forum.   

Ah, if being gay is what you want to do ( I know several lesbian couples) your choice. I won't love you any less as a person, but OTOH- I don't approve of your lifestyle. That's just me, and I'll leave it at that, as far as things farther down the LBGTQ spectrum go. 

Almost everyone has some opinion of the spectrum from "it's your own business"  or "you're going to hell" and everywhere in between.  

It's good that you won't go all fire and brimstone sinner nonsense... but it isn't a choice. 

• Thanks 1

Huge step for him. Glad that he has finallly been open about it. 

I wouldn't say it is an easy situation as players share dressing room and all that but I think today's society is able to be open about it and simply keep acting normal. Some people think that gay people for being gay, are attracted to everyone of their gender so sharing a dressing room is weird, but I wouldn't say it is the case and I hope they embrace it in their team and don't treat him any differently. 

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I always thought Nassib should have made the Brown's 53, you got to wonder if his orientation played a role in his dismissal, not that we will ever know. 

He was certainly a ton better than that 3rd round pick from Miami we kept around a couple years ... Thomas? But I doubt it was because he was a bonesmuggler, probably the old revolving GM "not my guy " bs that is hopefully over now.

Z

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

I always thought Nassib should have made the Brown's 53,

...and I never thought he was that good.  Guys could block him.  But he COULD jump up and bat down an occasional pass being that he's quite tall.  That he's still playing in most every game means teams see some value in him.

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Michael Sam. Drafted in the 7th. Was co SEC DPOTY.

Coming out before the draft clearly hurt his stock

Yup.... the Missou kid...

But what really hurt his stock was his 40 time... 4.91 for a 260-ish EDGE ain't gonna cut it.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

He performed much better at his pro day

True, if you think a time in the 4.7s acceptable... but the dye was cast.

Neither fast nor agile enough... and not very strong to boot.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So does like, EVERY player ever.

Yeah but not many over .2 seconds better. I get times are more favorable. This year is a great example. But his pro day performance was better in other areas too, so he probably just didn't have a great combine 

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah but not many over .2 seconds better. I get times are more favorable. This year is a great example. But his pro day performance was better in other areas too, so he probably just didn't have a great combine 

Tape wasn't very good when you put him on either.  He isn't the first "college good" player to not amount to much in the NFL.  But at least he got that far, I can't claim the same. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Tape wasn't very good when you put him on either.  He isn't the first "college good" player to not amount to much in the NFL.  But at least he got that far, I can't claim the same. 

I'm not saying he should have been a first round pick or anything. I just made a comment that I believe his draft stock was affected by coming out. 

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup.... the Missou kid...

But what really hurt his stock was his 40 time... 4.91 for a 260-ish EDGE ain't gonna cut it.

Word was he really wasn't "into" football all that much, no real passion or work ethic, more interested in his celebrity for coming out, etc. Even with stellar physical skills, you have to put in your "all" to make it in the NFL. And with his borderline skills, it wasn't even close to him making it, with not pouring his all into it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Word was he really wasn't "into" football all that much, no real passion or work ethic, more interested in his celebrity for coming out, etc. Even with stellar physical skills, you have to put in your "all" to make it in the NFL. And with his borderline skills, it wasn't even close to him making it, with not pouring his all into it.

I always thought he sucked.  Glad we got rid of him.

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 7:23 AM, Orion said:

Here's mine:  Pick one public restroom.  You can't use the mens room one day and then the ladies room the next day.

Here's mine: Pick one word. Don't make me recite the alphabet inside out everytime I need to refer to you. Pick a name for your group. Any name.

Z

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not saying he should have been a first round pick or anything. I just made a comment that I believe his draft stock was affected by coming out. 

Conversely, it's entirely possible the positive exposure a team received for welcoming Sam (A nod from the President himself sure doesn't hurt) may have actually gotten him drafted.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Conversely, it's entirely possible the positive exposure a team received for welcoming Sam (A nod from the President himself sure doesn't hurt) may have actually gotten him drafted.

NFL are all about inviting media circuses. And your NFL fan is all about going to pride parades....

We can agree to disagree

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

An unfortunate, or perhaps deliberate, error by someone at the BBC 🙈

B08F9125-E419-40AD-B8E0-3555A80E655E.jpeg

I guess it's better than being labeled a Wide Receiver. 

• Haha 3

On 6/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, D Bone said:

I guess it's better than being labeled a Wide Receiver. 

More suited for TIGHT END'

Can Qb's now claim that they've been offensively tackled... er, uhmm... "sacked"?

On 6/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Like you aren't the only fucktard on this board.

On 6/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Still waiting on Tim Tebow....

look in the mirror fucktard

character assassination is ok for you

but not for others, right?

• Upvote 1