THE BROWNS BOARD

THURSDAY Morning News Roundup

Dan in Florida

Just because we haven't had any quarterbacks other than DA have that one season in a long time. Doesn't mean that we have to settle for DA as the Quarterback of our team.

So what's your point stat historian?

Are you saying that there is a chance that Anderson could end up with only a solid career instead of a hall of fame career?

You dirty sumbitch!!!!!

And FYI. None of this means Quinn is gonna do jack shit. Cuz there's about 500 guys who've rode pine for a couple years and then left to start their own car dealership. i.e. Quinn's current career track.

I will try and find that JADBF. But you need to understand about my backing of DA. I think he will be a good pro QB with good coaching. I in no way think he will be a HOFer, but I do think he will be a winning QB. He is not a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning. But he could be an Eli Manning and most certainly a Flacco.

If the standard that you want is a HOFer at QB then I think you do not have a QB on the roster that fits that description.

For LUM, when you said that BQ did not lead the team to a FG the link that you provided said that he did lead the Browns to a FG.

2008 stats for Derek Anderson

142 283 50.2 1615 9 3.2 8 2.8 70 5.7 5.1 11.4 161.5 66.5 14 87 5.1 4.5 4.7 3

If you want me to find a QB to fit your situation do you think it is fair that we project his stats over a full 16 game schedule?

he had 9 starts but played half of game 10. So we would have to project it out for 6.5 games

200 399 50.2 2277 13 tds 11 ints

Not a great second year of starting but that would be his stats projected at the same rate over a season (approx). And for Lummy I did look at the opponents he missed and they are comparable to the ones he played against. Really outside of Denver and Cincy the Browns played pretty good defensive teams.

Well if Quinn is named the starter this year, then all of us can look at the RAC/Savage definitively as a failure in handling the QB position during their tenure, and the starting of DA last year with no competition was a colossal mistake that could of changed our fortunes for the year in the W/L column.

That is if he's named the starter.

If DA is the starter then we have to look at why was left on the bench by two different coaching regimes.

Well I am not sure if it would have had a big change in last year. Would you have really wanted BQ's first 3 starts to be Pittsburgh, Dallas and Baltimore? And not Denver, Buffalo and Houston? I really don't think that BQ would had done any better than DA did against those 3 teams, but I will give you that he prolly would not have been allot worse.

To answer your question about those 5 starters. No I do not think they were good pros. I do remember Blake having a few good years but he was on a bad team and Grbac had a few good years also. But I think both of them started out as backups and ended up being starters later in their careers.

I look at DA as being closer to Everett and Vinny than to Favre. He is a gunslinger that needs to be coached up. I posted allot of stats for DA for later parts of 2007 and 2008. If you look at them closely the Browns actually did a very good job of winning games when DA was called on to manage the game. In 2007 I believe he was 3 - 0 when throwing fewer than 28 passes but was 0 2 when throwing over 40 times.

So I do actually think that DA would win lots of games if he was on a team that he was able to manage the game. When he tries to win the game then he tends to make mistakes. But if you are throwing the ball 18 to 20 times more than maybe you should then you are more likely to make a bad throw.

Solid Career? Really???? Of all those guys I named. You think they had "solid Careers"? And just missed out on the HOF or something???

again. look a little closer. NOT ONE OF THEM ANY WON ANYTHING. They barely ever had winning seasons. I'm sure that can be blamed on the defenses they played with though right?

And yes that is my exact point. DA WILL LIKELY not have anything more than a career as a journeyman pro/back up. And yes. I want more than that from my QB.

And I wont' disagree that you could find many many first round QBs like Quinn who ended up being even bigger busts than all the journeymen I just compared DA to.

My ONLY point was to show folks (not you, puppets can't learn, then can only reguritate what they've been told) who want to point to DA's 2007 season as some sign that he has what it takes to be that HOFer that we all want. that ONE GOOD season doesn't mean a whole lot.

but thanks for playing!

LOL...Caps, multiple ?????, you writing like me now?

Archived