THE BROWNS BOARD

Bet Buffalo...

Kvoethe

On 9/7/2021 at 4:36 PM, Bob806 said:

Cheap shot Watt needs to honor his contract. 

If the Steelers cave (unlikely), he should pay Bud Dupree. Dupree is more valuable than Watt. 

Stop it. Cheap shot watt? Based on what? Beyond that and really the most absurd. Dupree is more valuable than Watt? On what planet? Watt is one of the best players in the league. Dupree is good but he isn’t watt, not right now at least and likely never. 
He also practiced in full today. 

57 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Don’t listen to burgh radio. It’s horrific almost entirely across the board. 

Mark Madden is awesome!!  Always talks Pens and loathes players like AB and lev Bell

22 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Mark Madden is awesome!!  Always talks Pens and loathes players like AB and lev Bell

He's one of the worst in the United States unless he's talking about the pens. He stirs the shit.  I can't stand him and never could. He loathes a lot more than that. He epitomizes the worst of the Pittsburgh fan base. A shock jock. 

And TJ just signed a mega deal soooooo

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's one of the worst in the United States unless he's talking about the pens. He stirs the shit.  I can't stand him and never could. He loathes a lot more than that. He epitomizes the worst of the Pittsburgh fan base. A shock jock. 

Good for TJ!!  Solid player!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Sooooo you and many Steeler fans are happy, yay.

Bud Dupree did the dirty work, TJ got paid. Funny thing is Dupree had to flee to get paid, while Watt demanded dough while under contract (I know, he's nowhere near the 1st player to do this). 

Crazy world we live in. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Sooooo you and many Steeler fans are happy, yay.

Bud Dupree did the dirty work, TJ got paid. Funny thing is Dupree had to flee to get paid, while Watt demanded dough while under contract (I know, he's nowhere near the 1st player to do this). 

Crazy world we live in. 

Come on man. I love Bud and hated to see him go but to imply bud did the dirty work and watt just benefitted is asinine. Absolutely they helped one a other just like every other outside backer tandem in the league. Watt is a generational talent, he's on a ridiculous pace too and he got paid for that production. You act like he forced the contract talks. It was always the plan to resign him now. Minkah next season. I enjoy it here, truly but this take is a bad one and why I don't take a bunch of you seriously. 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Please don't force me to glance at stupid shit like this again. 

You have your opinion , I have mine.

Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.

TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer). 

That's stupid. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

I enjoy it here, truly but this take is a bad one and why I don't take a bunch of you seriously. 

It's a forum. My take is as good or bad as anyone else's.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

You have your opinion , I have mine.

Dupree played well for 6 years in Pittsburgh, honored his contract, and had to flee to get paid.

TJ Watt played 4 years (very well), doesn't honor a contract, and gets ultra paid on a cave-in (surprisingly, given the employer). 

That's stupid. 

I love Bud, I said this already. He didn't turn it on and truly put it together until the final two years on the team. He was raw coming out and it took him a while. Injuries didn't help. He then priced himself out of playing on the steelers with his play BECAUSE the steelers need to sign watt and Fitzpatrick. If the steelers didnt have Watt, Dupree would have been paid. You all are going to start to feel that soon too as your current roster can't be paid long term which is why it's important for teams to draft well.  You have a window now so get ready to see some of this on your own team. You will then reload via the draft instead of FA. 

I'm used to it as the steelers have been doing it a long time. 👀😉

On 9/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, Vagitron said:

Stop it. Cheap shot watt? Based on what? Beyond that and really the most absurd.

it's what steelers do. cheapshot. Pollymalu was a cheap shot artist in college. They took out Palmer's knee on the first drive in a playoff game years ago. Harrison.....Hines ward.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24966401/pittsburgh-steelers-tj-watt-fined-20k-hit-atlanta-falcons-matt-ryan

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/31/playing-dirty-steelers-bring-rough-defense-to-dallas/

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I'm used to it as the steelers have been doing it a long time. 👀😉

Yep. The 31 other teams have been implementing/dealing with salary cap issues as well.

Basically 5 or 6 guys take up most of every team's cap. You know this. 

Great for Watt,bad for business. 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yep. The 31 other teams have been implementing/dealing with salary cap issues as well.

Basically 5 or 6 guys take up most of every team's cap. You know this. 

Great for Watt,bad for business. 

Myles Garrett is on a inexpensive contract, aye? Or you are against that too? 

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's a forum. My take is as good or bad as anyone else's.

TJ was on the 5th year option his rookie deal and wanted to secure a guaranteed long term future. The kid has contended for DPOY and MVP, he provides a pass rush and TFL threat Dupree could never match.  You're free to cross reference tape, stats, grades and NFL 100 ranking.   The overwhelming majority of players in his position hold-out in his case.  He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.  It's about as honorable as you can get.    Incredibly similar to how Myles did it.

Ignorance and short sightedness is not as valuable as someone else's knowledge or naunced insight.   So, no... Your take is demonstratably garbage.   

If you shout that the earth is flat then you have that right.  But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well. 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.  

Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah,  I'm a "Retard."

But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well. 

Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Myles Garrett is on a inexpensive contract, aye? Or you are against that too? 

Myles & the Browns reached an agreement ( last year, I think) on an extension. He agreed to the terms, never threatened to hold out, etc. So no, I've got no gripes there at all.

He was compensated well. Of course, other players at that position will look at the deal and use it as a comparison to get paid. That's how things roll in just about any sport. 

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:
5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.  

Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah,  I'm a "Retard."

But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well. 

Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2021/9/8/22663055/t-j-watt-a-full-participant-in-wednesdays-practice-pittsburgh-steelers-linebacker-news-updates

Participant in team workouts, position and 1 on 1 drills, walkthroughs, team meetings but held out on full contact.    A decision likely endorsed by the coaches.  And zero issue being that he knows the defense and is a proven player.  Really no different than veteran rest days.

Maybe you don't get it, when people say dumb shit, it should bother EVERYBODY.  

• Upvote 1

Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Call me crazy, but if I were a betting man (and I am), I take Pitt on a back door cover. I wouldn't put money on +6.5, but money went hard on the Bills and the line moved to +7.5 Steelers Thursday morning. I don't like them to win outright of course, but a lot of talk of "steelers suck" vs "bills may make the super bowl" to me makes this a closer game (not unlike last night, actually).

The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night.  But folks went heavy on Tampa.  They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.

But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years.  It has just been wildly miss-used.

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Brady isn't over the hill, but BB is. Give the points and take the Buffs.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The defensive improvement under Dan Quin alone should have been enough to chase people off a 9 point spread last night.  But folks went heavy on Tampa.  They're a great team, possibly historic in the sense of their complete talent and ability to win in all sorts of ways.

But the Dallas roster has had talent for several years.  It has just been wildly miss-used.

To me Tampa looked shaky in the secondary, too. Obviously Dallas felt that way too with Dak throwing 58 times with strong success overall. Don't disagree though overall, crazy how much talent is on that roster. AB, Godwin, and Evans could all easily be WR1 on another team (AB a weak WR1, but his route running is still elite).

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I guess we'll see. I can't for the life of me find the source, but listening to a sports radio thing about betting they highlighted the insane amount of times games get back door covered at more than a TD OR games are won by 13+. It's a really interesting middle ground of games not being decided by 8-12 points. Again, at -6.5 I'd still be going Buffalo. But the spread even hit +8 in some cases where I'd take Pitt to get underneath (or at) at TD. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

To me Tampa looked shaky in the secondary, too. Obviously Dallas felt that way too with Dak throwing 58 times with strong success overall. Don't disagree though overall, crazy how much talent is on that roster. AB, Godwin, and Evans could all easily be WR1 on another team (AB a weak WR1, but his route running is still elite).

I guess we'll see. I can't for the life of me find the source, but listening to a sports radio thing about betting they highlighted the insane amount of times games get back door covered at more than a TD OR games are won by 13+. It's a really interesting middle ground of games not being decided by 8-12 points. Again, at -6.5 I'd still be going Buffalo. But the spread even hit +8 in some cases where I'd take Pitt to get underneath (or at) at TD. 

Agreed on the spread.  I'm good at 6.5. 

Push at 7 and beyond? Nah, I'm alright. 

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Look I'm obviously a diehard but I'm not unrealistic. People are full tilt sleeping on the Steelers. Currently the offensive line is the biggest wildcard but they are hungry. Yes I know, easy for me to say but two of our rookies got into it with Heyward at practice on multiple occasions because they are going so hard. Green and Moore. If the line is just better than last year the Steelers are going to do a lot of damage. Ben looks really good and camp/practice reports are backing it up.

Our local media likes to fry the shit out of all the local teams so it's not a matter of fake hype either. Ben looks 10 years younger from a biomechanics stand point. Now just look at the weapons on each side of the ball and try to logically arrive at how or why the steelers will be bad. Randy fichtner is also gone and he was horrific. I guess we are going to find out but people sleeping on the steelers no matter the result on Sunday are being short sighted or just assuming Ben is done. (He isn't)

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Big Ben isn't over the hill. Legit just go watch the limited time he played in the preseason, specifically the play where he scrambled in the backfield and found ebron. The defender made a good play and ebron dropped it. 👀

Everyone is also quick to forget the dude avulsed tendons from his elbow. He wasn't all the way back last season which is why they threw a ton of short stuff to compensate for the lack of a run game. He's a additional season removed from that AND he has a stud in Harris. Big Ben is going to show in a hurry he isn't over the hill. The wildcard is health over the course of the season.