THE BROWNS BOARD

SNF KC at Ravens

gumby73

Sorrry, gum.... don't see a BLT loss tonite. And that was before Ray-ray's guest appearance at the intros.

Then again an overthrow of a wide open Marquesse Brown followed by  a pick 6... I could be wrong. Gonna be a good game either way.

Should give everyone here a glimpse into the mind of DC's facing the chiefs.

Ravens are doing some similar things the Brownies did.   2 deep, DB's staying inside and top down leverage.  Not giving KC the home run shot and making them run the ball or dink and dunk.   Baltimore not shutting down the running game like the Browns did (so far)

- Browns defensive front is good at limiting the run

- Woods and now Baltimore are following similar blueprints put down by previous DC's to try and slow the KC offense.

edit: As I type, KC attacks that single high with a deep over.  KC gives up the Pressure but Mahomes bails them out and makes a bomb out of nothing.    

Sound familiar? 

And I'd love to have some truth serum and Lamar Jackson's wide receivers in the same place and time, because I have a feeling they secretly would love a QB who could hit a broad side of a barn. 

And as I write this Jackson throws into triple coverage nowhere near his man and giftwraps the Honey Badgers second interception of the night. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And I'd love to have some truth serum and Lamar Jackson's wide receivers in the same place and time, because I have a feeling they secretly would love a QB who could hit a broad side of a barn. 

You don't have to.  Notice none of the top FA WR's came to play in Balt...? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Could have used that TD by Lamar.  Would have been over half way to my Over.

What are your numbers on SNF ?    KC might cover it themselves.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

What are your numbers on SNF ?    KC might cover it themselves.

O/U is 53         Wasn't feeling the spreads this week, didn't even feel right taking the Browns to cover at 12 & 1/2.  

Took

-CIN as a road dog straight up. 

- Under on  SF PHI 

- Under on  LV  PIT

- Over on CLE  HOU

Looking at 4 for 5 today if these offenses stop turning the ball over.

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

In what way? 

The few plays Clowney has really shined on in the first two games weren't straight pass rushes, but reverses or jet sweeps that he's blown up. 

It's his ability to get upfield and blow up edge runs that the Ravens like to employ with Lamar and Co. that I think Berry brought Clowney in for. While I had zero enthusiasm for bringing in Clowney to help Myles out in pass rushing, THIS is where I thought he could help. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

O/U is 53         Wasn't feeling the spreads this week, didn't even feel right taking the Browns to cover at 12 & 1/2.  

Took

-CIN as a road dog straight up. 

- Under on  SF PHI 

- Under on  LV  PIT

- Over on CLE  HOU

Looking at 4 for 5 today if these offenses stop turning the ball over.

KC 35  BAL 24 and more game to play yet.

Still kills me that our BROWNS took it to KC last week at their place.  Hum.