THE BROWNS BOARD

Remember the Marine that ask for...

bigbambo

He posted the video in private clothes - Article 88 is ambiguous as to talking disparagingly about an official, etc.

I do highly admire him - and he is correct. Accountability is demanded, especially now.

Article 88 might be interpreted to nail him - or not.

Asking for accountability is not disparaging an official.  Asking for accountability is the same as asking accountability for what he said. It's a valid principle, not derogatory.

If he had said in the video - the president and the pentagon are a bunch of (*&)(&*) then he would be guilty, I'm pretty sure.

That is just my veteran opinion. I haven't watched the video yet, but all the military are to be held accountable. It's pretty much the point of the UCMJ is it not?

The issue is not cut and dried - in fact, a group of military folks can get up a petition of complaints against a superior officer - PROVIDING they have it ok'd by the next step up in the chain of command.

I've been there, folks. My great friend and our squadron red rope was gone one weekend. Guys were being falsely written up for going to church retreats and/or ...being black. The msgt doing it, was getting away with it because our excellent commander was gone on family emergency leave. It was bad - some guys were past the technical qualification for an article 15. One guy got written up three times for cigarette butt under his bed. One....it was pot. He did NOT smoke ever. It was a lot of guys in trouble. That situation got resolved in a huge way.

But I digress.  

The UCMJ rules. But as any Jag lawyer would explain - interpreting how they apply to the facts is often debatable.

I think that on principle, asking/demanding accountability is NOT disparaging a superior officer or official.

They may very well hate him for it, but that is on them. The UCMJ applies to them, too, whether or not they like it.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/punitive-articles-of-the-ucmj-3356854

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

listening to the hearings and one thing stands out -

No matter how much the dem reps try to spin this folly with their line of questioning (seriously some of them are still TDS patients) 

the optics they hold on to dearly for EVERYTHING has, so FAR negatively exceeded their collective ability to put a shine on this turd of disaster in Afghanistan.

That is enough for this pissed off deplorable to expect nothing less than resignations by these actors Austin and Milley.

Then Blinky Then the vegetable himself by impeachment.

• Upvote 2