THE BROWNS BOARD

Collins?

LBC mike

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Ya, but is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki for the rest of this season? (Even at half speed....)

True... Wilson and Taki are lifetime special teamers

3 hours ago, hx214 said:

is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki

Collins is definitely better at ignoring coaches, intentionally doing something other than his assignment, and being unfocused.  If he had talent he wouldn't have been cut by the 0-3 Lions.

Collins may very well even today hit better combine measurables while wearing shorts, but both Wilson and Taki are better football players.  Whether intentionally or not, Collins has zero communication skills and is too pigheaded to have the humility to take direction.  It's a stupid position on his part because his chosen profession requires him to be willing [aka "bought in"] to be just one of several people acting in unison.

This was exactly the way Collins played when he was a Brown a few years ago, and even a short conversation with current coaches or players would show he hasn't changed.

This may be a life lesson for you and others as well --- There is no such "Skill" in any profession that allows a person to never communicate with others.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

Jamie Collins??   Really??  He makes a great commentator.  Especially when he wears the orange tie.  I certainly don't want him as a player anymore.  

Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

Lions have 57M+ dead on 2021 cap, featuring 19M for Stafford.

Jamie Collins not being on the team represents a 13.67M total dead charge spread over 2021 and 2022.. insane

Overthecap - look at the "Earnings By Team" section, the "Paid as dead money" column is quoted.  

Total cap charge is 20M for his lions contract from 2020-2022, 6.33 was his 2020 cost, the rest is dead. Note at the bottom of his page, the "dead money history" cap charges for 2021 and 2022 add to 13.67. 

Ignore the cash paid entries.. I really don't know why any site attempts to track that.  I also don't know why OTC shows only 5.53 dead for 2021 for Collins on the team salary page.. should include the 1.8 as well for a total of 7.33.  My guess is that we'll have to remember moving forward that OTC doesn't include bonuses when they do calculations for dead$$ -- have to click through to the player's contract to verify.

20 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Collins is definitely better at ignoring coaches, intentionally doing something other than his assignment, and being unfocused.  If he had talent he wouldn't have been cut by the 0-3 Lions.

Collins may very well even today hit better combine measurables while wearing shorts, but both Wilson and Taki are better football players.  Whether intentionally or not, Collins has zero communication skills and is too pigheaded to have the humility to take direction.  It's a stupid position on his part because his chosen profession requires him to be willing [aka "bought in"] to be just one of several people acting in unison.

This was exactly the way Collins played when he was a Brown a few years ago, and even a short conversation with current coaches or players would show he hasn't changed.

This may be a life lesson for you and others as well --- There is no such "Skill" in any profession that allows a person to never communicate with others.

Exactly. Guys like him plague teams wanting to win.

or vodka?

Just what I was looking for... another Jamie Collins argument .Yes, he's long in the tooth for an OLB, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.That said we all know our FO does not value LBs so that ends that.

As for lazy... he led us in tackles in our 0-fer season. Any idea how hard it is to put out all season with out sniffing a win? A: real effin hard...

On 9/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Lions have 57M+ dead on 2021 cap, featuring 19M for Stafford.

Jamie Collins not being on the team represents a 13.67M total dead charge spread over 2021 and 2022.. insane

Overthecap - look at the "Earnings By Team" section, the "Paid as dead money" column is quoted.  

Total cap charge is 20M for his lions contract from 2020-2022, 6.33 was his 2020 cost, the rest is dead. Note at the bottom of his page, the "dead money history" cap charges for 2021 and 2022 add to 13.67. 

Ignore the cash paid entries.. I really don't know why any site attempts to track that.  I also don't know why OTC shows only 5.53 dead for 2021 for Collins on the team salary page.. should include the 1.8 as well for a total of 7.33.  My guess is that we'll have to remember moving forward that OTC doesn't include bonuses when they do calculations for dead$$ -- have to click through to the player's contract to verify.

Wow! I was off. Wish I could get paid even 1 percent of that to not come into work.

Just to be clear : Cash deposited to the player's account is not always the annual cap charge.

Good article on cash paid vs cap charge

Dead money formula is : [total amount of money already paid during contract] + [remaining guaranteed money] - [total cap hit already taken over the course of the contract].

Pats working to bring back Collins -- Good, let them once more deal with his nonsense.

Cowboys article about Jaylon Smith -- His injury vs OSU was really severe and today's reality is he's just not athletic enough for the NFL.

2021 jaylon smith does not beat any of our current LB's for a roster spot.  You're thinking of his 2018 version.. as Dallas did when they resigned him.

This thread should die..