THE BROWNS BOARD

We have a QB (BQ)

Lollygagger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And BQ comes back in for the next series late in 3rd, after the TD pass.

This is now Quinn's team and Mangini's giving him reps.

Whether Mangini announces anything or not....Quinn locked it all up with that quick 2 play TD drive.

as much as some of you bq backers want this to be over..... I have a feeling its not.......

I thought you were a fan of the team and wanted the best guy.

Seems like the best guy proved it tonight, although, I'll admit, it wasn't a 'blow me away' performance. Unless your competition is DA.

mangini was protecting DA for trade value that was obvious. DA had like 3-4 good passes and was starting to blow up, after that dropped pick he got pulled. mangini probably has someone biting and he didn't wanna kill it. BQ got the job for sure.

Guest TheJokersWILD

I think another tell tale sign Quinn locked it up is that after his night was over the went straight to Bartel. Funny how DA didn't get another shot.

as much as some of you bq backers want this to be over..... I have a feeling its not.......

Ha!

Sev, college football will be here before you know it and you can hate on the Irish all you want then. Right now, just try and be happy we're getting good & consistent play from both our QB's.

Was stuck listening to the Titans radio play by play. They complained a bit about our starters being in until the fourth. But, after the game they each stated BQ should be the starter.

I believe they said something along the lines of "He may not be Otto Graham, but he can definitely be a Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar."

If thats the case, I can live with that.

I think another tell tale sign Quinn locked it up is that after his night was over the went straight to Bartel.

The sign that he locked it up is that after he threw that TD pass, the next QB to come in was him. At that point (late in the 3rd,) what would be expected would be for a backup to come in or for DA (the other "starter" candidate) to come in if the competition is still on.

But Mangini put Quinn back in, giving him a few more reps.....and the other "starter candidate" wasn't seen again.

That was the point where it became clear as a bell that this is now Quinn's team.

Mangini can announce it on Monday or not - it doesn't matter. He just announced it to the world with that move.

EDIT: Just to tie things up here....Mangini is NOT going to carry this competition into the 4th preseason game, where starters for the other team won't even play. There is nothing he can learn from that.

The absolute last chance he had to see DA playing with meaningful reps was the drive late in the 3rd after Quinn's TD pass......and he put Quinn back in, throwing all the "equal rep" crap overboard all of a sudden.

This is Quinn's team now. It was his team the very second Mangini put him back in for that series.

ya no doubt, i didn't expect BQ to come back in after that TD. i figured it was a situational sub, to see if he could take advantage of a big turnover.

the odd thing is i thought mangini said they would get equal playing time this game, as I don't expect him to play the 1s alot next game. also odd was that ratliff wasn't in at all, and hes supposed to be our #3. I think ratliff as the #3 was secured, and he made up his mind with DA and wanted to see more of BQ. and see if Bartell was worth holding on to if they trade DA.

The sign that he locked it up is that after he threw that TD pass, the next QB to come in was him. At that point (late in the 3rd,) what would be expected would be for a backup to come in or for DA (the other "starter" candidate) to come in if the competition is still on.

But Mangini put Quinn back in, giving him a few more reps.....and the other "starter candidate" wasn't seen again.

That was the point where it became clear as a bell that this is now Quinn's team.

Mangini can announce it on Monday or not - it doesn't matter. He just announced it to the world with that move.

Agreed. It's over and it's time to start backing Quinn as the Browns starting QB when it is announced. I wish that TD had come against the Titans 1st team though.

While im sure bq locked the starting job tonight the actual competition is far from over brady quinn must now lead this team in a strong fashion and if he fails to do so and or gets hurt anderson will be hungry and waiting for the opportunity...all these people saying get rid of the loser should look closely at our 3rd string qb ratty...he is nowhere close to ready to be number 2....;)

ya no doubt, i didn't expect BQ to come back in after that TD. i figured it was a situational sub, to see if he could take advantage of a big turnover.

the odd thing is i thought mangini said they would get equal playing time this game, as I don't expect him to play the 1s alot next game. also odd was that ratliff wasn't in at all, and hes supposed to be our #3. I think ratliff as the #3 was secured, and he made up his mind with DA and wanted to see more of BQ. and see if Bartell was worth holding on to if they trade DA.

Gotta wonder if the situation was to see if either of the QBs could sustain 2 TDs in a row... hasn't happened in a while.

prediction alert: here is what lumburgh will say. "whatever, bq only did well against there 2nd string defense and still overthrew heiden in the endzone. he is garbage, and anderson would have done better. anderson didn't get enough reps. blah blah blah." brady won the game and the starting job. end of story.

can we refrain from taunting the trolls?

"we?"

"we?!?!"

"WE?!?!?!?!"

The only fcuking thing you ever do on this board is drop in every once in a while and slap someone on the hand with a ruler for replying to or whining about Luvbergh.

I'm sorry. I forgot....you also post every once in a while to just tell someone that they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground (while offering nothing of actual substance yourself.)

So when it comes to this board and you.....there is no fcuking "we."

Archived