THE BROWNS BOARD

The Urban Meyer Situation

MLD Woody

With as much like and respect as I can give to a guy who loves that team up north.

GO BLOW!!! 

GO BROWNS!!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Did anyone think it would blow up in his face this quickly? I didn't think he'd be great but I didn't think it would go this poorly. 

He’s always been a dumb ass. He’s not a good dude either. One of his first hires was the damn osu strength and conditioning coach who was run out. He’s then at restaurant with his name on it and he pulls this shit? He won’t make it through the season. I’ve never heard of a coach not flying back with his team. If he wanted to go to Ohio he could have flown back and turned around and went solo to Ohio. I swear college coaches are so coddled and fragile when they go to the pros, far less control over the players and they implode. 

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He’s always been a dumb ass. He’s not a good dude either. One of his first hires was the damn osu strength and conditioning coach who was run out. He’s then at restaurant with his name on it and he pulls this shit? He won’t make it through the season. I’ve never heard of a coach not flying back with his team. If he wanted to go to Ohio he could have flown back and turned around and went solo to Ohio. I swear college coaches are so coddled and fragile when they go to the pros, far less control over the players and they implode. 

I don't know about the coddled part and college coaches not being able to make it, but they do have more control over the program.  College ADs aren't the same as GM's and college Presidents aren't the same as team owners.

That said, Urban is a fairly weak individual.  I am a Gator, I am not speaking as a person who doesn't like Urban or have some rooting interest against the guy.  You can just look at his career.

He left Bowling Green for Utah....ok....good move,  Everybody is going to do that.  The same can be said  for leaving Utah for Florida.

That is where the problems began. He was fine there until he started to lose the recruiting battle with Alabama..so, he gets sick and has to retire...then shows up at OSU..to leave more or less just because...unless everything is perfect for the guy, he quits, and now it looks like he has quit on the Jags.  The honorable thing would be for him to resign and quit stealing the owners money....the fans money.  Not flying back with the team is what a chickenshit  does.

Not flying back with the team showed arrogance, cluelessness and lack of committment.

He's out of his element because he can't recruit.

Saying it's like playing Alabama every week was the understatement of the year, these are are grown ass men who would destroy Alabama with coaching staffs that waited their whole lives to get to this point and are hungry and fully committed.

He's got a bad, but young, team that needs a leader, not a CEO.

As for the thing with the chick, none of my business but he just humiliated his family. Holidays should be fun.

Other than that, things seem to be going smoothly in Jax.

Zombo

smell-my-fingers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Big OSU fan as are I presume a good chunk of us on the board. That being said, Urban has been, and always will be, a huge piece of shit. I won't be surprised at all if he gets fired before the season even ends. I hope most people can parse that out from the fact he was a top 3 college coach for nearly two decades.

Michael Silver reported that a few veterans on the Jags have told him basically it's "open season" for them to do whatever the hell they want, how they want. There's just no way Urban can hold vets accountable after this stunt. It'd be one thing if this was on a bye week, off day, etc. But to be there the way he was (of course let alone what he was doing), there's just no coming back from that as a leader of the team.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

No, Doyle was from Iowa. Marotti has been with OSU since 2012, same year Urban came to OSU.

Seemed random to pick some questionable dude from Iowa, but whatever.

Ahhh my bad. Still my point, why pick a questionable dude to be your conditioning coach? 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Same thing happened to Saban on his pro HC 2 years foray in the NFL. But at Bama he has his pick of the  best coaches and the 5* players from all around the country. He runs NFL Lite with total control of everything since the fans are really the owners there. Piss 'em off with too many years out of the playoffs and you are gone. But he keeps 'em quite happy.

However, this year Georgia is a real contender. First time in many a year I think they are better than Bama even though each will kill Auburn and A&M respectively this coming weekend. Give away the points and take them both in a two game parlay.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

That is where the problems began. He was fine there until he started to lose the recruiting battle with Alabama..so, he gets sick and has to retire...then shows up at OSU..to leave more or less just because...unless everything is perfect for the guy, he quits, and now it looks like he has quit on the Jags.  The honorable thing would be for him to resign and quit stealing the owners money....the fans money.  Not flying back with the team is what a chickenshit  does.

To be fair, at Florida, his "circle of trust" led to a team with dozens of arrests and a team that literally had multiple future convicted murderers on it. He could only hide behind Tebow for so long.

At OSU it was the whole Zach Smith thing that popped up near the end of his time there.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

At OSU it was the whole Zach Smith thing that popped up near the end of his time there.

Is that the coach that beat his wife and Meyer did nothing about it, even though he had full knowledge?

Always smells like sewage around Urban.

Z

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

To be fair, at Florida, his "circle of trust" led to a team with dozens of arrests and a team that literally had multiple future convicted murderers on it. He could only hide behind Tebow for so long.

That as well. I wasn't trying to provide an entire list, but no doubt team discipline  was questionable at FU and OSU.  I couldn't say about his other stops along the way.

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He kept it hidden the whole time.  Zach Smith timeline.  Zach Smith was Urban's WR coach hire on day 2 of Urban's hiring onto OSU.

Zach Smith was an assistant under Urban in Gainesville.  The first incident was actually when zach and his then pregnant wife were living together.  Who among us doesn't think it's classy to put a pregnant lady in a chokehold and slam her against a wall? And the incidents continued but just continually were swept under the very large rug.

TLDR: It wasn't the end of his time, it was the whole time.

Urban Meyer's book about the importance of character is no longer on my shelf...

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Not flying back with the team showed arrogance, cluelessness and lack of committment.

Saying it's like playing Alabama every week was the understatement of the year, these are are grown ass men who would destroy Alabama with coaching staffs that waited their whole lives to get to this point and are hungry and fully committed.

He's got a bad, but young, team that needs a leader, not a CEO.

As for the thing with the chick, none of my business but he just humiliated his family. Holidays should be fun.

Other than that, things seem to be going smoothly in Jax.

Zombo

smell-my-fingers

This is spot on and I Co-sign this post.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

If the titans play like they did last week, and without Julio or Brown, Jags might get their first dub.

Man, Titans are well coached but lost some talent. With coming off a really bad loss and the Jags situation, I'm hammering Titans -3.5 as hard as I possibly can.

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Man, Titans are well coached but lost some talent. With coming off a really bad loss and the Jags situation, I'm hammering Titans -3.5 as hard as I possibly can.

Even without the injury reports? Bold strategy, cotton.  Jags had Cincy on the ropes last week.  And that team is better than Tennessee is now.

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Even without the injury reports? Bold strategy, cotton.  Jags had Cincy on the ropes last week.  And that team is better than Tennessee is now.

I don't read too much into short week games, there's a lot of variables that go into them. As a matter of course, I actually rarely like picking Thursday games.

I'd consider this much more of a trap game if they didn't lose the way they did last week. 

15 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

How does their new OC look?  Arthur Smith was obviously pretty good last year.. but he now coaches Atlanta and they are awful so far.

Can't say I've watched them close, but Vrabel leads that ship well. Their offense has definitely regressed, though. 

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

He kept it hidden the whole time.  Zach Smith timeline.  Zach Smith was Urban's WR coach hire on day 2 of Urban's hiring onto OSU.

Zach Smith was an assistant under Urban in Gainesville.  The first incident was actually when zach and his then pregnant wife were living together.  Who among us doesn't think it's classy to put a pregnant lady in a chokehold and slam her against a wall? And the incidents continued but just continually were swept under the very large rug.

TLDR: It wasn't the end of his time, it was the whole time.

Urban Meyer's book about the importance of character is no longer on my shelf...

Oh believe me, I know there's a while history there. I'm saying it "popped up" as in became public near the end of his time there. Next thing you know there's reports of Meyer deleting texts and then he's suspended to start the year. 

That Zach Smith thing always sounded fucked up to me, They both said the exact same thing when it came to the he said he said. Zach Smith said to the Press "Urban told me if I found out that you hit her, you  you are out of here" And Urban told the Press the EXACT SAMT THING and when I say exact I mean EXACT  from what he said to how he said it so to me it sounds like you better tell them i told you that or else. But Every Buckeye Coach turns out to be more of a d bag than the last. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

If the titans play like they did last week, and without Julio or Brown, Jags might get their first dub.

...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

3 hours ago, Orion said:

...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

I'm not gonna sit here and roast Urban Meyer...  Because I'm not clear about what all he was or was not involved in (and don't care) .. From a coaching standpoint though.. One can definitely make the case he's failing miserably at the NFL level... But as we all know... There's two sides to every coin...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zombo said:

Is that the coach that beat his wife and Meyer did nothing about it, even though he had full knowledge?

Always smells like sewage around Urban.

Z

Wasn't too hard to find the video Z.  MHO is excessive alcohol can get you into situations you're going to regret later. 

That said- on the college level, the big buck alumni really don't care how big a sleazeball you are- just keep those National Championships coming.  

15 hours ago, Orion said:

Now unlikely, later or after the season quite possible especially if he really loses control of the players.

Who knows they might think that he is a really cool guy.   :lol: