THE BROWNS BOARD

Stephon Gilmore goes to Panthers

Nero

I don't have the time to check the cap situation, etc. But I just wanted to know if he would fit in the Browns or not. 

I like our secondary much better than last year and defense is playing great, but neither Newsome or Greedy have proven yet to be accountable and producing all season long, in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't have the time to check the cap situation, etc. But I just wanted to know if he would fit in the Browns or not. 

I like our secondary much better than last year and defense is playing great, but neither Newsome or Greedy have proven yet to be accountable and producing all season long, in my opinion. 

No, he's gonna get top dollar, we are committed to the three young guys and they are playing well.

Z

--Re-sign Ward

• Thanks 1

Not just a cap situation -- he isn't a top CB any more.  That's why NE was trying to renegotiate with him.

Gilmore longer-form analysis

If Gilmore intends to earn a top salary, he needs to be performing at that level.  He didn't do it last year as that article explains.

And Gilmore has been injured so far this year.  And his skill set [was] man not zone.. if it was zone you could reasonably talk yourself into believing in him.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. I didn't think it was a fit but I didn't have the time or your knowledge to explain exactly why. 

The Panthers have become an interesting team this year and I kind of feel good for Darnold: he might not be an All Pro but being under Gase in the Jets' shitstorm wasn't a good situation for him and I think he deserved better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I kind of feel good for Darnold:

I've liked him since the beginning of the draft process.  Seems like a good, hard working guy.  A team guy with no desire to be a media darling.  I'm pullin' for him.

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ol Bill got a 6th round pick out of him and traded him to Panthers before his release was official.

Z

Ol Bill thought he wasn't worth the money anymore, and saved a bunch on next years cap.   Sixth round pick shows you what the rest of the league thought he was worth.... 

We had Robert Jackson playing corner at the end of last year.  

If we’ve learned anything from the past couple years you can’t have enough Secondary and offensive line depth.  Quite honestly, if it takes a selection in each area in every draft somewhere between rounds 1-4 so be it.