THE BROWNS BOARD

Rubin

Guest TheJokersWILD

Guest TheJokersWILD

Am I the only one impressed by the way this guy has played in Shaun Rogers place? Rubin has held his own very well in the pre-season and when Rogers comes back, our defense will be that much better. I for one am glad we have someone capable of coming in not just as a rotational player but also as a starter if needed. Coleman and Mosley have also been solid.

Am I the only one impressed by the way this guy has played in Shaun Rogers place? Rubin has held his own very well in the pre-season and when Rogers comes back, our defense will be that much better. I for one am glad we have someone capable of coming in not just as a rotational player but also as a starter if needed. Coleman and Mosley have also been solid.

can we move this guy out to defensive end opposite williams? it may be worth trying.

You're not the only one. He's done well. Rogers is preferred, but he's done well.

Guest Aloysius
can we move this guy out to defensive end opposite williams? it may be worth trying.

He played some end late last year against the Bungles. But he's better served playing the nose, especially when we already have good depth at DE.

Williams may very well be our 4th DL after tonight. Even though they listed him as the starter, on the first play it was Coleman Rubin and R. Smith. All 3 had nice games tonight. The first guy in on the rotation was Mosley. What I did see was the cutback lanes that Williams was giving them.

But, to answer your question, Rubin isn't a guy who could move outside. He is rounding into a decent NT. He gets low and holds the point of attack. that's what he needs to do. Rogers gets push, but he is an animal. Rubin is now commanding doubles and our ILBs need to be quicker to fill those gaps to stop the runs at the line instead of 3 yards after the point of attack.

Rubin isn't an elite NT like Rogers but he's still a damn fine one that doesn't worry me when he hits the field. Great tackler, not as much push as Rogers.

I'm glad to see a guy step up and give the big man some rest if he's winded.

I called it, Rubin was going to be a pleasant surprise for us.

Rubin is much improved. Last year, I CRINGED when Rogers took a breather. This year will be much better in that situation. Rubin has done well.

Mike

Rubin might be the most improved player on that D this year. He's getting a PUSH because he's playing with MUCH better leverage than I saw last year. He's not losing his base - he's USING it in the trenches where that decides alot more battles than brute strength or body weight. He's going to be extremely vital to our success this year because Shaun Rogers' biggest weakness is muscular endurance and cardio. Shaun gives us high intensity for 3 plays and if we get off the field after those 3 plays - GREAT. If they move the chains, I see Shaun's hands on the hips shortly before he's on the sidelines wearing an O2 mask. Just keeping it real. Your 350 pounders aren't running marathons or triathalons for a reason.

I don't know if people caught this but Rubin's level of play dictated that the Tenn preferred to block D'Qwell with their FB (#45 Ahmad Hall) instead of the girthier OGs. That right there might have been a respect thing for Rubin OR it could have been that Mawae made his first start after elbow surgery and needed the help of his OGs. It didn't look like one of Jackson's better nights if I'm being honest at what I saw. I was hoping that he'd be able to make more stops at or near the line of scrimmage with the upgraded ergonomics caused at the apex.

- Tom F.

Rubin might be the most improved player on that D this year. He's getting a PUSH because he's playing with MUCH better leverage than I saw last year. He's not losing his base - he's USING it in the trenches where that decides alot more battles than brute strength or body weight. He's going to be extremely vital to our success this year because Shaun Rogers' biggest weakness is muscular endurance and cardio. Shaun gives us high intensity for 3 plays and if we get off the field after those 3 plays - GREAT. If they move the chains, I see Shaun's hands on the hips shortly before he's on the sidelines wearing an O2 mask. Just keeping it real. Your 350 pounders aren't running marathons or triathalons for a reason.

I don't know if people caught this but Rubin's level of play dictated that the Tenn preferred to block D'Qwell with their FB (#45 Ahmad Hall) instead of the girthier OGs. That right there might have been a respect thing for Rubin OR it could have been that Mawae made his first start after elbow surgery and needed the help of his OGs. It didn't look like one of Jackson's better nights if I'm being honest at what I saw. I was hoping that he'd be able to make more stops at or near the line of scrimmage with the upgraded ergonomics caused at the apex.

- Tom F.

Tom

Are you implying that these players are being coached?

If so then i agree! :rolleyes:

How about Robaire Smith? Blocked FG (I believe it was him) and he was the one who caused that interception to Alex Hall being right in the face of VY.

Our DL is going to be a good group this year, just imagine it with Rogers in there.

On a side note, Beau Bell got some run last night even with the first team defense. Wonder what that means?

I'll also add that I think Veikune looks a bit slow out there playing LB.

How about Robaire Smith? Blocked FG (I believe it was him) and he was the one who caused that interception to Alex Hall being right in the face of VY.

Our DL is going to be a good group this year, just imagine it with Rogers in there.

On a side note, Beau Bell got some run last night even with the first team defense. Wonder what that means?

I'll also add that I think Veikune looks a bit slow out there playing LB.

Robaire Smith really surprised me.

When a big guy has an operation on his wheels that late in his career he's usually done for.

I really wasn't expecting him to come back and play just as good if not better than before.

Wrong. I meant to come back in here and tell you that.

Your wrong. Watch Rubin against the first team, he lost the POA about everytime. The Titans still looked rusty last night, missing a lot of holes for running gains.

Amazing what you see when you rewatch it. My favorite Rubin getting pushed but coming away looking "good" was on the Titans drive after the TD, the Titans had entered Browns territory, instead of the Titans RB cutting back for a "huge" gain, he slammed it into the pile instead, which gave Rubin the credit for the tackle.

Sorry, but that won't work in the regular season. SOS to Sean Rogers, SOS to Sean Rogers, SOS to Sean Rogers.

Archived