THE BROWNS BOARD

Hospital Ward?

ballpeen

On 10/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, ballpeen said:

I don't like to simply throw back questions, but in todays NFL can you really separate the two?

Learn  to embrace the approach.... seek to understand before being understood. Always hard for me but even moreso now due to brain acceleration.

Yes, there has been always will be the "availability" factor, but I think there is a balance. The bigger the CB's Star, the bigger the fall off when time is missed. And now with 17 games... oy vey...

Bigger CBs have to be the answer... or at least heavier, thicker ones... and in abundance or rotations and depth. Tall and fast to boot? Sure in an ideal world, but those would make an already rare combination even rarer. I'd be willing to go a step slower for a few more inches. I am going to zone against an RPO-ZBS combo most of the time anyway, so excepting at FS, I can sacrifice some speed for size. Add a stout SS, and keep my LBs a bit bigger, and I'm good.... at least so long as I can outscore them.

My bottom line... I see neither the value in Ward nor the position to lock him up in an expensive Long-term contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:18 PM, ATOM said:

mri today for ward's hammy

MRI on Friday and no news as far as I know.  

Seems to me that teams are eager to share good news.  Sounds like they are waiting for more tests to confirm or dispel something the fist test revealed.  I am not trying to be negative, but it's not looking good.  I am sure that Stefanski would have been very happy to report all is AOK.

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

MRI on Friday and no news as far as I know.  

Seems to me that teams are eager to share good news.  Sounds like they are waiting for more tests to confirm or dispel something the fist test revealed.  I am not trying to be negative, but it's not looking good.  I am sure that Stefanski would have been very happy to report all is AOK.

We'll find out tomorrow if he practices- or not. 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, hoorta said:

It got posted in another thread... Hospital Ward is OUT against the Steelers. Bad hammy.  

We need to start drafting / acquiring bigger stronger and more durable  DB’s. We have 3 now none of whom are that. Great when they play but as the saying does the greatest ability on game day is availability. 

• 2 weeks later...