THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread Cardinals at Browns 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

The browns are basically screwed. We can’t scheme you throws down the field cuz baker can’t make throws down the field. OBJ is worthless. He was Open all day today and we couldn’t get him the ball.Β 
Β 

injuries to the oline are definitely to blame but I’m not going to keep blaming injuries for a loss. A BAD loss.Β 
Β 

we are done. We’re not better than the bengals or ravens. Those teams will wipe theΒ floor with us. It’s about coaching more than anything. We dontΒ have consistent coaching.Β 

I watch Malik Willis last night Liberty QB supposed top guy at the very least first rounder looked Meh against ULM.Β  Wasn’t impressed.Β 

Baker is a better option than anyone coming out this year.

But if guys like Russ and Aaron are on the market. Β Whatever it takes you get them.Β Β while having a war chest of guys like Newsome and Wills is intriguing. Β A steady hand is more intriguing. Β 
Β 

A Game like this makes you sipΒ Jim Beam save the good stuff for a better dayΒ 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Where do we get a QB from if we let Baker walk?

Β 

The biggest and most lingering question in professional football,Β  do you need a " franchise quarterback "Β  to win it all in the NFL ?Β  Β (of course you do)

If so where do you get one and how much do you pay him ?

The BROWNS thought Baker Mayfield was their guy and paid a lot for him.Β  Β  Were they right ?

Β 

Oh when the BROWNS were 3-1 many people were talking about the super bowl........ now at just 3-3 will they even make the playoffs.

Too early for that talk ?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The biggest and most lingering question in professional football,Β  do you need a " franchise quarterback "Β  to win it all in the NFL ?Β  Β (of course you do)

If so where do you get one and how much do you pay him ?

The BROWNS thought Baker Mayfield was their guy and paid a lot for him.Β  Β  Were they right ?

Β 

I like Baker he came into an utter shambles of aΒ club at theΒ time and his rookie year (with all that going on) was extremely impressive.Β 

He's having some struggles this season but he has also played some very good games.Β Baker is a franchise QB, he would start for a hell of a lot of the 32 teams in the NFL.Β 

I really don't see how we can get a QB who is better than him, they dont growΒ on trees.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I likeο»Ώ Bakerο»Ώ ο»Ώheο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ ο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώcameο»Ώ ο»Ώinto an utterο»Ώ ο»Ώshambleο»Ώο»Ώsο»Ώο»Ώ

Baker has done good by this franchise. He's not a troublemaker,Β  is extremely competitive, and does everything he can to help the team. I almost feel Cleveland doesn't deserve him sometimes. I don't know many qb's that could do more with the situation the team is in right now.Β 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Baker has done good by this franchise. He's not a troublemaker,Β  is extremely competitive, and does everything he can to help the team. I almost feel Cleveland doesn't deserve him sometimes. I don't know many qb's that could do more with the situation the team is in right now.Β 

So you are saying you would feel comfortable signing him to an extension that would tie up a lot of the cap space for almost the rest of the decade?Β 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So you are saying you would feel comfortable signing him to an extension that would tie up a lot of the cap space for almost the rest of the decade?Β 

That's the part I am not sure about but gun to head, yeah I would.

I just keep going back to thinking, how do we get better?Β 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know Baker isn't perfect, but he is the perfect qb for this team. Any team that has their franchise qb are not going to be letting them go and I don't see a massive upgrade from Baker being available. So to answer your question,Β  yes.Β 

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The browns are basically screwed. We can’t scheme you throws down the field cuz baker can’t make throws down the field. OBJ is worthless. He was Open all day today and we couldn’t get him the ball.Β 
Β 

injuries to the oline are definitely to blame but I’m not going to keep blaming injuries for a loss. A BAD loss.Β 
Β 

we are done. We’re not better than the bengals or ravens. Those teams will wipe theΒ floor with us. It’s about coaching more than anything. We dontΒ have consistent coaching.Β 

calm down asΒ  i said before it is early in the season

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ATOM said:

calm down asΒ  i said before it is early in the season

While I would agree to calm down, SLIGHTLY,

The Β BrownsΒ are over a 3rd into the season.
As Yogi once said, β€œit’s getting late early”

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

While I would agree to calm down, SLIGHTLY,

The Β BrownsΒ are over a 3rd into the season.
As Yogi once said, β€œit’s getting late early”

as once rogers said RELAX

32 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That's the part I am not sure about but gun to head, yeah I would.

I just keep going back to thinking, how do we get better?Β 

I really struggled answering this when it was asked of me by tia, too.Β 

I do not think Baker is or will be a top-level QB, but I also think he can be a good, long-term QB for the Browns, and I agree, that isn't something to dismiss easily.Β 

36 minutes ago, Neo said:

I know Baker isn't perfect, but he is the perfect qb for this team. Any team that has their franchise qb are not going to be letting them go and I don't see a massive upgrade from Baker being available. So to answer your question,Β  yes.Β 

I agree, I don't easily see an upgrade available to Baker right now.

I have no idea what "I know Baker isn't perfect, but he is the perfect QB for this team" means, and if means something about how "gritty" he is, I'm going to just nod blankly at that.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I really struggled answering this when it was asked of me by tia, too.Β 

I do not think Baker is or will be a top-level QB, but I also think he can be a good, long-term QB for the Browns, and I agree, that isn't something to dismiss easily.Β 

I think with your second sentence you have answered it. A good long term QB will do us just fine!Β 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

He didn't have to be impressive. He made plays with his legs when they were there and distributed the ball to the open man.Β  He didn't have to be impressive on a day where the opposing offense implodes.Β 

As the old saying goes......................."Scoreboard!"

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Like Andy Dalton did in Cincinnati?Β 

Regular post seasonΒ appearancesΒ and then see what happens in the playoffs? I wouldnt say no mate

Lets not forget what Baker has already done to Pittsburgh in the playoffs in their own back yard. And if not for that bullshit no flag headbutt in Kansas who knows.....

And from where we were when we drafted Baker? People are turning on him too quick, he's a very good QB and we haven't had one of those for years

Β 

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Regular post seasonΒ appearancesΒ and then see what happens in the playoffs? I wouldnt say no mate

Lets not forget what Baker has already done to Pittsburgh in the playoffs in their own back yard. And if not for that bullshit no flag headbutt in Kansas who knows.....

And from where we were when we drafted Baker? People are turning on him too quick, he's a very good QB and we haven't had one of those for years

Β 

I can't disagree vehemently against any of this, but I think he's a good starting QB with an overall production ceiling that he's pretty much reached.

I question if Baker is going to get much better than what he is today, but as you mentioned before, finding someone better is not something easily done.Β