THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread Cardinals at Browns 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

haveο»Ώο»Ώ no idea whatο»Ώ "I knowο»Ώ Baker isn't perfect, but he is the perfect QB for this team"ο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ ο»Ώο»Ώmeansο»Ώο»Ώ

Sorry, I use predictive text a lot because it is faster so there times I don't use the right words. What I meant was Baker is not perfect (yet) but is the "right" guy for the team. He knows the offense and there isn't anyone better available and he puts his heart in it. Baker has room to grow and I believe he will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't disagree vehemently against any of this, but I think he's a good starting QB with an overall production ceiling that he's pretty much reached.

I question if Baker is going to get much better than what he is today, but as you mentioned before, finding someone better is not something easily done.Β 

So we are a little stuck aren't we................Baker isn't this FO's pick either.

Really couldΒ go either way

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

Sorry, I use predictive text a lot because it is faster so there times I don't use the right words. What I meant was Baker is not perfect (yet) but is the "right" guy for the team. He knows the offense and there isn't anyone better available and he puts his heart in it. Baker has room to grow and I believe he will.

not really because if we cannot run the ball which looks like the case now for the rest of the season, he can't carry the team on his shoulders with a passing attack...he just ain't good enough.....he cannot overcome other injuries to the team like other qb's that can....

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The browns are basically screwed. We can’t scheme you throws down the field cuz baker can’t make throws down the field. OBJ is worthless. He was Open all day today and we couldn’t get him the ball.Β 
Β 

injuries to the oline are definitely to blame but I’m not going to keep blaming injuries for a loss. A BAD loss.Β 
Β 

we are done. We’re not better than the bengals or ravens. Those teams will wipe theΒ floor with us. It’s about coaching more than anything. We dontΒ have consistent coaching.Β 

you can't blame injuries...injuries happen, its part of the game....there are qb's in this league that can overcome those issues....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Days like this make me wonder if deshaun watson would be worth the headache.

Or Aaron Rodgers

3 hours ago, hx214 said:

No, because the defense sucks.Β 

Rewind the pressure plays. Dude paincs, and chucks it up everytime. Dude funbled the ball like 4 times .. (how the hell can't we get one of those)

He can be better than our QB. But we had to hear how great he was all week and that wasn't QB one in the NFL. Should ate his lunch today.Β 

remember, they were missing their hc oc playcaller...there was probably altot of confusion most of the game.....the guy is in the running for mvp....give me a break...he's good....

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ok, that was the worst call I've ever seen.Β 

Go ahead guys, say whatever you want about that one.

15 yards for patting a QB.Β 

you know everyone including blandino said it was a bad penalty...but if i saw the play right it looked like he hit his helmet with his hand....a slight hit....it was quick...and i agree, it was ticky tacky...however thats what the refs have been calling now for yrs....anywhere near the head of a qb, you are going to get flagged...so i disagree...the call was correct per the rule...shitty rule...but still the rule..

• Like 1

We're just not very good. Our secondary is absolute garbage and we're too banged up to hang. Had to play a clean game and force turnovers and we did neither. What a shame.Β 

1) Just fn STOP going for it on 4th.. It hasn'tΒ worked all year. TAKE THE POINTS WHEN THEY'RE AVAILABLE

2) Yeah- thoseΒ Cards are weak against the run- so let's confuse 'em and throw a bunch of passes on the opening series. You outsmarted yourself Kev.Β 

3) Baker had another really bad game... TheΒ  comparisons to Goff are starting to make sense.Β Β How many of the Cards points were directly his fault?Β Β 

4) Again- the reffing was atrocious.Β 

5) This sucked so bad- it's the first time I can remember I've walked out of a game with 5 minutes left.Β Β 

Well with the injuries- right now, we're a pretty average team. Stuck in the basement with the damn Steelers.Β 

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Days like this make me wonder if deshaun watson would be worth the headache.

i don't know if he could win here with this team......and it isn't the weapons we have on offense....its the fucking horrible atrocious terrible defense we display on the field plus the dc........there isn't a qb in the league right now that can win here....do i think watson is an upgrade....most certainly.....its the defense that needs to upgrade their play on the field....

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) Just fn STOP going for it on 4th.. It hasn'tΒ worked all year. TAKE THE POINTS WHEN THEY'RE AVAILABLE

2) Yeah- thoseΒ Cards are weak against the run- so let's confuse 'em and throw a bunch of passes on the opening series. You outsmarted yourself Kev.Β 

3) Baker had another really bad game... TheΒ  comparisons to Goff are starting to make sense.Β Β How many of the Cards points were directly his fault?Β Β 

4) Again- the reffing was atrocious.Β 

5) This sucked so bad- it's the first time I can remember I've walked out of a game with 5 minutes left.Β Β 

Well with the injuries- right now, we're a pretty average team. Stuck in the basement with the damn Steelers.Β 

going for it on 4th down with a third and second string tackle......eh.......cmon steph........

14 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The browns are basically screwed. We can’t scheme you throws down the field cuz baker can’t make throws down the field. OBJ is worthless. He was Open all day today and we couldn’t get him the ball.Β 
Β 

injuries to the oline are definitely to blame but I’m not going to keep blaming injuries for a loss. A BAD loss.Β 
Β 

we are done. We’re not better than the bengals or ravens. Those teams will wipe theΒ floor with us. It’s about coaching more than anything. We dontΒ have consistent coaching.Β 

certainly on defense that is the case

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh when the BROWNS were 3-1 many people were talking about the super bowl........ now at just 3-3 will they even make the playoffs.

Too early for that talk ?

if we don't get some of the players back...like both tackles and at least 1 healthy rb...chu bb or hunt...maybeΒ  both and the d at least plays mediocre, we ain't goin nowheres...probobly end up with a losing record...

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

going for it on 4th down with a third and second string tackle......eh.......cmon steph........

Well- before I head back south. Caught some of Steps' press conference. Hunt and JOK out multiple weeks. Non committal about Baker, Chubb and the OT's.

I thought Hunt was done for the year so that’s actually great news.

Just Weather the storm. Β We need our tackles back. Β That’s the biggest pain point.Β Β It is screwing the offense (play calling mainly)Β and while I think our wildly inconsistent QB and defense can perform better against Den./Pitt./Cincy/NE. We aren’t consistent enough InΒ those two spots to get the job done each week.Β 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

And now Hunt is lost for "several weeks". They kick us when we're down. I think Lucy is behind all this. 😱

Β 

So, I just got home from the Carolinas, waved a tv dinner and downloaded the gamebook.Β  I hardly had to move the cursor to know what happened.Β  Our starting offensive tackles were out.Β 

It goes on to show that 100% of the time we played 3 guards, a center and a tackle.Β  I haven't seen a single replay, but what more do I need to know,Β to know why we scored only 14 points?Β  (and just happening to know that we passed up a FG for a sack)

With Hubbard being out, that leaves us dead in the water at tackle.Β  And Wills is probably going to be gimpy all year.Β  Callahan's going to have to work some magic.

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

So, I just got home from the Carolinas, waved a tv dinner and downloaded the gamebook.Β  I hardly had to move the cursor to know what happened.Β  Our starting offensive tackles were out.Β 

It goes on to show that 100% of the time we played 3 guards, a center and a tackle.Β  I haven't seen a single replay, but what more do I need to know,Β to know why we scored only 14 points?Β  (and just happening to know that we passed up a FG for a sack)

With Hubbard being out, that leaves us dead in the water at tackle.Β  And Wills is probably going to be gimpy all year.Β  Callahan's going to have to work some magic.

Well watch closely when Baker had time he was not finding anyone, trying to do too much and fumbling or airmailing passes.

Notwithstanding the go for it on 4th and not take the points StefΒ called the kind of game you would call with a new line.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well watch closely when Baker had time he was not finding anyone, trying to do too much and fumbling or airmailing passes.

In the airports (plural, 2) today, I saw and spoke briefly with two Browns fans (different airports).Β  I asked each if he thought we needed a new QB.Β  The first said, We've gotta give Baker more time.Β  And the other said, Yes, we need a new QB.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

In the airports (plural, 2) today, I saw and spoke briefly with two Browns fans (different airports).Β  I asked each if he thought we needed a new QB.Β  The first said, We've gotta give Baker more time.Β  And the other said, Yes, we need a new QB.

I think it depends on your expectations. Β If 0-16 is still on your mind and you are just happyΒ being competitive each year….He will do just fine. I think we’ve seen enough to know he can be very good but too wildly inconsistent to lead a long playoff March.Β 

For years we wondered what would Couch be like with a line and weapons…we may even have wondered about a few other guys too. Β But Baker has been surrounded with everything a QB needs. Β Leaves you with very little doubt.

Having said all this …2018 draft just knowing what I knew back then I don’t pick Josh Allen.

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

2018 draft just knowing what I knew back then I don’t pick Josh Allen

Now see!Β  I've been pulling for him because I liked him.Β  And I liked him because he was a tall drink of water with a strong arm.Β  That's what I like a QB to be.Β  A Derick Anderson (but not THE Derick Anderson, because he stinks).Β  Allen carried the whole, Didn't come from the right school and not the right caliber of competition, thing.Β  And I get it, that that casts a shadow.Β  But all I knew was that I liked the big tall drink of water with a strong arm that he was (is).Β  -Β  I'm happy that he's having success.Β 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Having said all this …2018 draft just knowing what I knew back then I don’t pick Josh Allen.

I scouted Allen extensively when he was playing for Wyoming...Β  Ditto.Β  He could throw the ball 90 yards in the air- and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20, half the time.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Now see!Β  I've been pulling for him because I liked him.Β  And I liked him because he was a tall drink of water with a strong arm.Β  That's what I like a QB to be.Β  A Derick Anderson (but not THE Derick Anderson, because he stinks).Β  Allen carried the whole, Didn't come from the right school and not the right caliber of competition, thing.Β  And I get it, that that casts a shadow.Β  But all I knew was that I liked the big tall drink of water with a strong arm that he was (is).Β  -Β  I'm happy that he's having success.Β 

Allen is one of the good guys and success stories. Also one of the very rare birds whoΒ was able to fix his faulty mechanics and improve his accuracy by orders of magnitude.Β Β 

• Like 1