THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowboys Pats

LondonBrown

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Good finish coming up, that blown coverage was ridiculous!

Wasn't a blown coverage, quite the opposite actually.  The safety anticipated backside vertical and rotated all the way from the far side hash, but then he just played the ball in the air like a dumbass.   Football IQ speaking, it was a fantastic read.

17 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I'm clueless then, he was running into nowhere from my eye

The overhead view... I wish I could get it for every game and not have to wait on all -22

Pause @ 33 seconds.   Cowboys with 2 high shell look and off coverage pre-snap.

Pause @ 35 seconds.  Shift into what looks like a cover 1 with a rat (robber) from the boundary safety.     

Dan Quin was looking to take away that #2 on the dig from Mac, a throw he had hammered Dallas on several times that night. And Quin's call does just that, either #2 would have been taken away as you see here.    The field safety now becomes the center-field and rotates to MOTFC.  He knows his rat is taking away that #2 if he releases inside.    Mac does a good job seeing that his primary (the #2 on the dig) has been taken away.  He really doesn't look off anyone because our MFS has rolled from just inside the field numbers and is rolling overtop of that backside #1 on the out & up.    Generally if you don't get anything vertical right down the seam at you (generally) then you're taught to expect vertical backside.  The MFS has now rolled overtop the backside #1 and does see the route the whole way, his eyes are in the right place and his feet pacing and angle is fine.

Pause @ 38.   That ball is high and inside. That throw should have been picked.   For reasons I can't understand, he just plays it like a complete asshole and continues outside.  Really seems like he just lost the ball in the air.    But the coverage call is fine, the read is great, but the DB just played it in the air bad.   I suppose you can call this a "blown' coverage.   But that is, at least to me, when the DB doesn't understand the call and gets his assignment confused.  That wasn't the case here. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Wasn't a blown coverage, quite the opposite actually.  The safety anticipated backside vertical and rotated all the way from the far side hash, but then he just played the ball in the air like a dumbass.   Football IQ speaking, it was a fantastic read.

It was blown coverage...