THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread STEELER WEEK! 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Well, for their benefit, I'm going to chart bad throws and drops.Β  I think they'll both see that Baker AND the receivers were an issue today.Β  Both can exist at the same time.Β  But everybody needs a singular boogeyman anymore to blame for their problems.Β  It's true in football and life anymore.

Well of course.

Nuance isn't many individualsΒ strong suit nowadays.

At the end of the day, though, I do not see this team in the playoffs.Β 

It's over, Johnny.Β 

Β 

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Β 

The conundrum I have do IΒ read these senseless chestΒ pounding spats you have with posters that are alsoΒ littered with great film study…which I appreciate because I don’t have the time with work and family.Β 

It's fairly simple.Β  I know quite a lot, and I work every day to understand the game even more.Β  Β  Slightly arrogant? Possibly.

But when I see stupid shit and call it out, reasonably, accurately and with great detail... more people should be willing to go "huh, I wonder WHY he's saying that?". .Β  Β  I do that, you admit as much in this post by calling my film study great.Β  Β  Β I've done it with my own watching, correcting things I thought I was right about.Β  You're welcome to search my posts and find examples.Β  Β But I rarely see such things from the lot of posters here.Β  Β Β Then give their own analysis a second look and provide responses with more substanceΒ 

I'd venture there's only a couple of us on this board that do reviews...Β tops. Myself, Tour and? That's about it so far.Β  Β  Β  So I take it personally when I'm told I have no idea what I'm talking about, meanwhile I don't see any equal effort from the people I'm responding to either because they don't want to, can't, or don't have time.Β  Β The latter isn't so bad because I get that part with you.Β  Β  So I'd expect to maybe get some credit and see that football IQ self-reflection from more here, knowing full well I will be doing the same.

44 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Bro it hit him in the hands in stride without him having to leave his feet.

Β 

Starts at 13:16.Β  Β  Stop the frame, you see Landry having to slow down just a hair to gather his momentum to jump When he realizes the ball is late, high and slightly behind. Stop the frame soΒ you can see him leave the ground.Β  Which he HAS to do, that ball was never in stride and slightly behind it.Β  So high it barely clips the top of his hands while Fitz is making contact and carrying Jarvis' body away from the ball flight.Β  Β  And please, do not do the whole " IF HE GETS A FINGER ON IT THEN IT SHOULD BE CAUGHT" That's a fucking boomer phrase and isn't at all reality.Β Β 

So you're incorrect on both stride AND leaving his feet in this post alone.

See what I mean when people make stone-cold decisions on things in real time that they THOUGHT they saw?Β  Β You genuinely believed Landry didn't leave his feet and, most importantly, didn't have to.Β  He absolutely had to, I could even go to advanced stats when they're available and they measure ball velocity AND height.Β  Β  Please, don't make it do that.

I'm not blaming solely Baker for today.Β  I'm not blaming solely the receivers.Β  I'm not blaming solely the Oline or Stef.

There is plenty of that to go around.Β  When Baker delivered, receivers fucked up.Β  When receivers won routes, Baker fucked up.Β  Β  Right now neither of those position groups are good enough to overcome the deficiencies of the other.Β  THAT is the truth.Β 

Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

I came back just to say that this is why I never get excited after 1 good season, in 2007 we went 10-6 here comes 2008 we won 3 or 4 games 2018 was ok as we came of a 0-16 season we improved a tad, 2019 although we won a couple we still didn't do as well as should have, 2020 made the playoffs did well won 11 games and a playoff win now this season? We are back at square 1, Baker, pack your bags you were trying top show why you deserve a contract you should show why you deserve to even be playing. OBJ you had 1 good game since you came here, Ward always hurt Greedy always hurt, The coach will be gone at the end of the seasonΒ  as we will not win another game, we looked fucking awful today and we have harder teams ahead, Only half way decent player we have is Chubb since hunt is hurt, Trade OBJ Landry DPJ and Higgins as none of them has done shit this season . Fuck it clean house now and start prepping for the draft. Bunch of over paid weeniesΒ 

they ain't firing the coach this yr....if they continue to play the way they have been playing....and i don't want to hear excuses about injuries, because all teams have them...so stop fucking whinning about that everyone, he probably will be fired maybe 2-3 yrs from now....but its to early for that....for now...obj's 1 good game was against the cow boys who my 1970 high school football team probably would score on.....obj....blechlkkkkikkkkkkkkkk....puke....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Well, for their benefit, I'm going to chart bad throws and drops.Β  I think they'll both see that Baker AND the receivers were an issue today.Β  Both can exist at the same time.Β  But everybody needs a singular boogeyman anymore to blame for their problems.Β  It's true in football and life anymore.

It wasntΒ singular today. Β The WRsΒ dropped the ball. Β The QB missed some guys.Β Stefanski had a bad game calling plays. Β I thought the Steelers played our run well with two key interior DlinemanΒ out. There are too many boogeymen to name. Β 
Β 

I thought of course the Steelers executed a little better but suffered from the same poor play calls like we did. Β So you sayΒ 15 points…we are darn lucky it was just 15Β 

Not my style to discredit the opposing team in our own defeat butΒ That is one of the worst Steeler offenses that I can rememberΒ Β but certainly not to be undone by our own ineptitude

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

I hate this year's team. These clowns couldn't make a big play if their lives were on the line. I swear to God if it's 4th down, we choke. And don't give me any shit about the Keenum 4th down last week. He fumbled it and we were lucky after the play didn't work AGAIN.Β 

Oh yeah, but if the OPPOSITION has a 4th down, that shit is MONEY every effing time. We have less heart than an autopsy patient. A bunch of scrotally challenged, overpaid, underperforming, washed up twats that wouldn't know a big play if it bit them in their vanished nut sack.Β 

I'm out.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I hate this year's team. These clowns couldn't make a big play if their lives were on the line. I swear to God if it's 4th down, we choke. And don't give me any shit about the Keenum 4th down last week. He fumbled it and we were lucky after the play didn't work AGAIN.Β 

Oh yeah, but if the OPPOSITION has a 4th down, that shit is MONEY every effing time. We have less heart than an autopsy patient. A bunch of scrotally challenged, overpaid, underperforming, washed up twats that wouldn't know a big play if it bit them in their vanished nut sack.Β 

I'm out.Β 

good quit Your Banned

Anyone watch NE vs the Chargers? The Pats last offensive drive started with about 9:00Β left in the 4th, up by 7, and every single ball handler stayed inbounds by sliding no matter how many yards they gained...... Not one dude went out of bounds during the entire 60yd drive.Β 

They milked the clock down to 2:19, forced the Chargers to take all 3 TOs, and ultimately kicked a FG to go up byΒ 2 possessions..... Bill teaches his guys chess while every other coach teachesΒ Connect 4.Β 

Β 

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Anyone watch NE vs the Chargers? The Pats last offensive drive started with about 9:00Β left in the 4th, up by 7, and every single ball handler stayed inbounds by sliding no matter how many yards they gained...... Not one dude went out of bounds during the entire 60yd drive.Β 

They milked the clock down to 2:19, forced the Chargers to take all 3 TOs, and ultimately kicked a FG to go up byΒ 2 possessions..... Bill teaches his guys chess while every other coach is teaching Connect 4.Β 

Β 

screw it im gonna get stoned on some jim belushi weed todays game was a joke we scripted are first drive and 2nd drive at the halfΒ and then nothingΒ 

• Haha 1

I forgot to add thatΒ the QB snapped the ball with no more than 2-3 seconds on the play clock for every play. It really was a thing of beauty in a 3pt NE win.Β 

^ Most won't get it, but I sure do.Β Β 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I forgot to add thatΒ the QB snapped the ball with no more than 2-3 seconds on the play clock for every play. It really was a thing of beauty in a 3pt NE win.Β 

^ Most won't get it, but I sure do.Β Β 

time for the world series go braves fuck the asstros

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

I came back just to say that this is why I never get excited after 1 good season, in 2007 we went 10-6 here comes 2008 we won 3 or 4 games 2018 was ok as we came of a 0-16 season we improved a tad, 2019 although we won a couple we still didn't do as well as should have, 2020 made the playoffs did well won 11 games and a playoff win now this season? We are back at square 1, Baker, pack your bags you were trying top show why you deserve a contract you should show why you deserve to even be playing. OBJ you had 1 good game since you came here, Ward always hurt Greedy always hurt, The coach will be gone at the end of the seasonΒ  as we will not win another game, we looked fucking awful today and we have harder teams ahead, Only half way decent player we have is Chubb since hunt is hurt, Trade OBJ Landry DPJ and Higgins as none of them has done shit this season . Fuck it clean house now and start prepping for the draft. Bunch of over paid weeniesΒ 

Yeah we sucked bad.. just get rid of the whole team.Β  Stef wins coach of the year, so fire him next year..Β Β 

A bizarre game.Β  DLineman Elliot smacked their kicker square in the facemask with his helmet, not intentional, sending him to the showers.Β  They've gotta play the rest of the game without a kicker.Β  (Tomlin is also caught up in the wave of 4th down shenanigans that has taken over the league)Β Β 

Baker missed some throws, again.Β  Ronnie Harrison got a stupid penalty, again, hitting the guy out of bounds.Β  Conklin got knocked out of the game, again, and we felt his absence from that point on.Β  We had 3 DB's not active, Ward out, again, and we lost DB's throughout the game.Β  We have the most brittle DB's.Β  (Joe Haden still starting)

They way I saw it:Β  Our D allowed some long drives for TD's.Β  And they struggled to stop the run.Β  So, we needed our offense to win us this game...and it couldn't.Β  We couldn't run like we've been accustomed to.Β  And Baker could not carry the team on his back to the victory.Β Β 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Orion said:

A bizarre game.Β  DLineman Elliot smacked their kicker square in the facemask with his helmet, not intentional, sending him to the showers.Β  They've gotta play the rest of the game without a kicker.Β  (Tomlin is also caught up in the wave of 4th down shenanigans that has taken over the league)Β Β 

Baker missed some throws, again.Β  Ronnie Harrison got a stupid penalty, again, hitting the guy out of bounds.Β  Conklin got knocked out of the game, again, and we felt his absence from that point on.Β  We had 3 DB's not active, Ward out, again, and we lost DB's throughout the game.Β  We have the most brittle DB's.Β  (Joe Haden still starting)

They way I saw it:Β  Our D allowed some long drives for TD's.Β  And they struggled to stop the run.Β  So, we needed our offense to win us this game...and it couldn't.Β  We couldn't run like we've been accustomed to.Β  And Baker could not carry the team on his back to the victory.Β Β 

He smacked Boswell well after the ball was gone. No excuse for it either. He knew exactly what he was doing on that play. No flag there was also absurd.Β 

14 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He smacked Boswell well after the ball was gone. No excuse for it either. He knew exactly what he was doing on that play. No flag there was also absurd.Β 

To quote a famous boxer:

"If he dies, he dies..."Β πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

he was not a kicker - he rolled out to throw a pass...or run it. Baker got hit a few times late with no call, later than that. The one time, it was a cheap shot double hit, and it WAS called. and, Baker got nailed just as he was going out of bounds, by an inch or two, and that was probably a good no call. Maybe. Stop whining, your pukes won a poorly played game.

btw, I lost count of the all the times they were flagrantly holding Garrett - even trying to tackle him around the front of his shoulder, FROM BEHIND HIM. A lot of no calls, AGAIN.

and Garrett STILL MADE A SACK on one of them.

Β 

Boswell is the passer. You can't hit him like that, period. The Browns got away with a bunch today. Baker was a runner and firmly in bounds.Β Holding Garrett? Let's see them. He wasn't being held. He was maulingΒ our rookie tackle. Let's see those holds. Oh and the Browns were outplayed. Get back in the basement.Β 

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Boswell is the passer. You can't hit him like that, period.

Β 

tribjoerutter

Referee Shawn Hochuli's explanation on why Jordan Elliott wasn't penalized for helmet-to-helmet hit on Chris Boswell:
"We did not see any contact that rose to the level of a foul. It wasn’t late and, as I said, we didn’t see contact that rose to the level of a foul.”

Β 

Now....Β  Get back in the basement.Β 

Β 

Β 

Oh and the Browns were outplayed... No denying this! enjoy it, while ya can..Β 

Β 

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Β 

Starts at 13:16.Β  Β  Stop the frame, you see Landry having to slow down just a hair to gather his momentum to jump When he realizes the ball is late, high and slightly behind. Stop the frame soΒ you can see him leave the ground.Β  Which he HAS to do, that ball was never in stride and slightly behind it.Β  So high it barely clips the top of his hands while Fitz is making contact and carrying Jarvis' body away from the ball flight.Β  Β  And please, do not do the whole " IF HE GETS A FINGER ON IT THEN IT SHOULD BE CAUGHT" That's a fucking boomer phrase and isn't at all reality.Β Β 

So you're incorrect on both stride AND leaving his feet in this post alone.

Β 

Nah, I'm not going to just let this go. Of course, I'll concede he left his front foot. But I'm not sure if he left his back foot (maybe he did, I genuinely can't tell), but most importantly I don't think he had to (more on that below). Also, he didn't "just get a finger tip on it". He had both hands on it, which is not disputable from that view. I just don't see how you watch that and say it "barely clips his hands"

From the route and momentum perspective, I just strongly disagree with you. Candidly, Landry looks to be running a slow route on the first half and has to speed up to get to the spot where the ball is. I'm really not sure anything you can say would change my mind there. Baker put that ball where it needed to be (position wise, not high or low) to give him a chance.

On the throw being "high". Yes, it was higher than it should have been. But the twitter verse has a lot of people guestimating that throw was at a height of 6'3'' to 6'5'' on height. I don't necessarily want to quote those people because I'm not going to use sources that may be wrong. But from my untrained eye, that seems about right. So you gotta ask yourself if that's the case, is asking a top flight WR to reach at most 6 inches over his head making him "climb the ladder"? I don't think so.Β 

Point is, I'm not sure what was going on with Landry today but he was off big time. His other drop in reviewing he also jumped to catch the ball despite it hitting him in the numbers. I'm willing to bet that this play and the 4th and 12 will both be categorized as drops when the stats break. I'm not saying that's the affirmative "I'm right" but I'm not going to let go that Landry should be called on to make that catch.

The Browns have sucked, do suck and will continue to suck in the future.Β  The Browns are losers nothing more.Β  It doesn't matter who's at QB or who they have onΒ defense.Β  They will always suck because they lose and will continue to lose.Β  Do we get it?Β  As soon as the Browns start to flash some kind of talent the other teams in the division step up.Β  It might be Baltimore or Pittsburgh this year it's Cincinnati.Β  Take solace all fans last year was the Browns high water mark, now you're going to see the slow rotation of a team going down the toilet.Β  The good players will start their exodus next year with Admiral Mayfield "leading" the team to oblivion.Β  Here's my predication within the next 7 seasons the Browns will be 0-17 again.Β  May be it's time for Cleveland to give up these losers "aka Browns" and send them to St. Louis.Β Β Β Β Β Β