THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread STEELER WEEK! 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

To quote a famous boxer:

"If he dies, he dies..."Β πŸ˜‰

I've got the driving montage song stuck in my head from that movie now.

"THERE'S NO EASY WAY OUT!" 🎢 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Β  Can I also say I'm shocked at the amount of people on this board abandoning ship........wild.

It's not abandoning ship. For example, on my ridiculous, rude, and uncalled for rant, I said "I'm out". Obviously that doesn't mean I'm OUT out, just out for a bit. Lots of folks get irritated after a game and writing blows off steam remarkably well. As long as people don't attack each other, I'm fine with it.Β 

This game was different. They lost their kicker for a half and we couldn't take advantage. It's just weird.Β 

48 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's not abandoning ship. For example, on my ridiculous, rude, and uncalled for rant, I said "I'm out". Obviously that doesn't mean I'm OUT out, just out for a bit. Lots of folks get irritated after a game and writing blows off steam remarkably well. As long as people don't attack each other, I'm fine with it.Β 

This game was different. They lost their kicker for a half and we couldn't take advantage. It's just weird.Β 

My post wasn't necessarily directed at you. As a diehard steeler fan that has been posting here for a long time I don't think I'd call it weird. The Steelers were better. Our line stepped up. Harris is a stallion and Ben made Ben type plays. (Pat made a ridiculous catch in the endzone too)Β Baker was high a lot of the time and some of that had to do with his shoulder. He's a gamer that little bastard. If I were a Browns fan and watched him getΒ destroyed heading for the sideline and also watched him stand up and charge back on the field I'd have been ready to run through a wall. It's a shame he isn't 6'5. The Steelers are a good team that played a bunch of good teams so far this season. You all have just been sleeping on them because it's convenient. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ€™

42 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

There's no shortcut hoooome!Β 

Hey vag, it must be a good time to be a Steelers fan...... can't blame you on that.

The season's only half over we'll see the Steelers again in sunny β˜€οΈ Pittsburgh in January I can only imagine what will happen between now and then maybe Roethlisberger will retire lol.Β  The big question for BROWNS fans will be the health of Baker Mayfield and is Keenun ready to step in if necessary.

We will see who ends up with the better record, catch you later.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

We know they didn't see a foul as they didn't throw a flag. Now go see what Ole gene said about it. It was a uncalled penalty.Β 

Regarding the cheap shot onΒ Boswell, us fans in the stands were waiting for the penalty.Β  However, on Baker goingΒ out of bounds play- the second Steeler hit was when he was already well out of bounds- that one could easily have been called...Β Β 

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Β  Can I also say I'm shocked at the amount of people on this board abandoning ship........wild.

Well, I got to listen to three hours of WKNR on the drive back this afternoon, and the talking heads opinion was- the Browns were pretty nonchalant heading up to and during the game. It's starting to be a trend- we can't put teams away in the 4th quarter.. Chiefs game... Chubb fumbles. Steelers game... Landry who has the best hands on the team- drops two catchable balls and gets stripped at the 11. Yeah if, if.. But change those plays, and the Browns are probably 6-2.Β 

BTW- it's not over for Cleveland, but the upcoming game against the Bengals is HUGE.Β  If this team has playoff aspirations, we can't afford to be 4-5, and 0-2 in the Division.Β  It's going to take 6-3 minimum to make a wildcard. As they said on the radio with the loss to the Steelers, the Browns margin for error is approaching zero.Β Β 

Great catch on the game winning TD- but OTOH, you can't give up a first down when you have the other team backed up first and 20. The "fire Joe Woods" chant is starting to get deafening. Never calling a blitzΒ and having your stud press corners 10 yards off the ball is a losing proposition.Β Β 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

My post wasn't necessarily directed at you. As a diehard steeler fan that has been posting here for a long time I don't think I'd call it weird. The Steelers were better. Our line stepped up. Harris is a stallion and Ben made Ben type plays. (Pat made a ridiculous catch in the endzone too)Β Baker was high a lot of the time and some of that had to do with his shoulder. He's a gamer that little bastard. If I were a Browns fan and watched him getΒ destroyed heading for the sideline and also watched him stand up and charge back on the field I'd have been ready to run through a wall. It's a shame he isn't 6'5. The Steelers are a good team that played a bunch of good teams so far this season. You all have just been sleeping on them because it's convenient. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ€™

Jesus Vag, just stop.

You guys won. Congratulations. You eeked out a win, barely, against a team that is completely riddled by injuries.Β 

The Steelers aren't going anywhere this season.Β 

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jesus Vag, just stop.

You guys won. Congratulations. You eeked out a win, barely, against a team that is completely riddled by injuries.Β 

The Steelers aren't going anywhere this season.Β 

Just stop? I could be piling it on. The Steelers aren't riddled with injuries? Tuitt on ir, alualu on ir, Decastro got cut right before the season because he had to have another surgery. Juju is on ir. Ebron and Ingram both were out. Carlo Davis is hurt. What are we talking about here? Ive had to listen about the demise of the steelers on a semi regular basis living in ohio. Oh and Boswell didn't play the entire second half. Don't talk to me about injuries Dutch. I'm also not sure how you can say the steelers aren't going anywhere. Do I expect them to win the Super bowl? No but can I see them making the playoffs? Absolutely.Β The team is getting better every week. I've earned the right to talk some shit and it's been MILD. You can handle it for a couple days.Β 

Edit: the steelers also get the bears and the lions the next two weeks. Go check the collective record of the teams the steelers have played thus far as well.Β 

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Just stop? I could be piling it on. The Steelers aren't riddled with injuries? Tuitt on ir, alualu on ir, Decastro got cut right before the season because he had to have another surgery. Juju is on ir. Ebron and Ingram both were out. Carlo Davis is hurt. What are we talking about here? Ive had to listen about the demise of the steelers on a semi regular basis living in ohio. Oh and Boswell didn't play the entire second half. Don't talk to me about injuries Dutch. I'm also not sure how you can say the steelers aren't going anywhere. Do I expect them to win the Super bowl? No but can I see them making the playoffs? Absolutely.Β The team is getting better every week. I've earned the right to talk some shit and it's been MILD. You can handle it for a couple days.Β 

I actually don't have to handle shit from any fucking Steelers fan, including you.Β 

Fuck your team, your raping Quarterback, and your entire inbred fan base.Β 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I actually don't have to handle shit from any fucking Steelers fan, including you.Β 

Fuck your team, your raping Quarterback, and your entire inbred fan base.Β 

Jesus Christ. πŸ˜‚

I think you should take a walk, maybe smoke a little cannabis and chill the fuck out.Β 

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I see your Rocky 4 and raise you Over The Top.. If I win this arm wrestling match, my son will think I'm the coolest!

Bonus points if you notice that the "bad guys" in Over The Top are wearing Steelers jerseys.

It's the 80's. Soooo many movies are full of the cheese. I love over the top and rocky 4. How could you not? I'm gonna turn my hat around on fucking Dutch for getting his underroos in a bunch.Β 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey vag, it must be a good time to be a Steelers fan...... can't blame you on that.

The season's only half over we'll see the Steelers again in sunny β˜€οΈ Pittsburgh in January I can only imagine what will happen between now and then maybe Roethlisberger will retire lol.Β  The big question for BROWNS fans will be the health of Baker Mayfield and is Keenun ready to step in if necessary.

We will see who ends up with the better record, catch you later.

Hey its not all sunshine and rainbows. I'm not unrealistic. I didn't lose my shit earlier in the season because it's a lot of young players learning with plenty of room to improve. Looking at a bunch of vets not getting it done is far less palatable. Keenum is one of the best backups in the league. I don't know where the steelers will end up but I'm enjoying their maturation and I was really happy for Ben yesterday. I get why people are pissed off here and im definitely not interested in rubbing it in. I've said my very mild piece of the subject and that's all I plan to do. Baker was throwing high all game yesterday, I blame the shoulder.Β 

47 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i dunno ? i dont have banning powersΒ 

Well, I'm extremely sorry for ranting like a lunatic, guys. It's not my normal way. It USED to be, but whatever. πŸ˜€

14 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It's the 80's. Soooo many movies are full of the cheese. I love over the top and rocky 4. How could you not? I'm gonna turn my hat around on fucking Dutch for getting his underroos in a bunch.Β 

Now THAT's funny... 😁

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Hey its not all sunshine and rainbows. I'm not unrealistic. I didn't lose my shit earlier in the season because it's a lot of young players learning with plenty of room to improve. Looking at a bunch of vets not getting it done is far less palatable. Keenum is one of the best backups in the league. I don't know where the steelers will end up but I'm enjoying their maturation and I was really happy for Ben yesterday. I get why people are pissed off here and im definitely not interested in rubbing it in. I've said my very mild piece of the subject and that's all I plan to do. Baker was throwing high all game yesterday, I blame the shoulder.Β 

Just realize, Ben's arm is pretty shot. teams better than the Browns will take advantage of that.Β Β 

And you pulled a break on the scheduling.. Bengals, Ravens twice, and the Titans minus Henry.Β Β 

Chiefs are in the tank. Watched the entire MNF game, and they get a LUCK offsides against the Giants that negated the game winning interception.Β 

23 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Nah, I'm not going to just let this go. Of course, I'll concede he left his front foot. But I'm not sure if he left his back foot (maybe he did, I genuinely can't tell), but most importantly I don't think he had to (more on that below). Also, he didn't "just get a finger tip on it". He had both hands on it, which is not disputable from that view. I just don't see how you watch that and say it "barely clips his hands"

From the route and momentum perspective, I just strongly disagree with you. Candidly, Landry looks to be running a slow route on the first half and has to speed up to get to the spot where the ball is. I'm really not sure anything you can say would change my mind there. Baker put that ball where it needed to be (position wise, not high or low) to give him a chance.

On the throw being "high". Yes, it was higher than it should have been. But the twitter verse has a lot of people guestimating that throw was at a height of 6'3'' to 6'5'' on height. I don't necessarily want to quote those people because I'm not going to use sources that may be wrong. But from my untrained eye, that seems about right. So you gotta ask yourself if that's the case, is asking a top flight WR to reach at most 6 inches over his head making him "climb the ladder"? I don't think so.Β 

Point is, I'm not sure what was going on with Landry today but he was off big time. His other drop in reviewing he also jumped to catch the ball despite it hitting him in the numbers. I'm willing to bet that this play and the 4th and 12 will both be categorized as drops when the stats break. I'm not saying that's the affirmative "I'm right" but I'm not going to let go that Landry should be called on to make that catch.

Waiting for the all-22 to drop on game pass before I eviscerate this post.Β  Β Just wanted you to know I wasn't being an asshole and ignoring you.

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just realize, Ben's arm is pretty shot. teams better than the Browns will take advantage of that.Β Β 

And you pulled a break on the scheduling.. Bengals, Ravens twice, and the Titans minus Henry.Β Β 

Chiefs are in the tank. Watched the entire MNF game, and they get a LUCK offsides against the Giants that negated the game winning interception.Β 

Teams will make him more uncomfortable in the pocket that’s for sure. Β Which is the recipe at this point in his career. Β And I feel stupid for thinking the Steelers offensive line was bad and they might be bad and we made them look better but I’m still feeling (two days later) that was the worst Steelers offense that I can recall in a LONG time. Β I’m 41.Β 

I’m notΒ suggesting some novel idea butΒ if/when the standard four man rush isn’t working the extra guy or two rushing the passer speeds (the much slower) Ben clock, release, etcΒ even more and creates bigger problems for a QB that quite honestly should have retired. Β A younger Ben could shrug off a pass rusher and throw a dart 40/50 yards across his body. Β All these years of getting butts handed to us by him and we face a shell version of Ben.Β 
Β 

Our Defense is excellent when pressure with four gets home. There is no adjustment when thatΒ doesn’t happen. Β And yet we some teasing examplesΒ of extra pressure offΒ an edge or some unexpected twist and IT WORKS. Β Then all to frequently we are back to 3rdΒ and 8 and back to base defenseΒ and aΒ decent backsideΒ cushion in our secondary and a conversion. Β 

I’ve run out of excuses for this team.

Are we perfect from a personnel standpoint? Β Absolutely not. Β Harrison can go, Wilson still gets too many snaps, OBJ ain’t OBJ anymore, Baker has his limitations. Β But i think this coaching staff can get more out of this team and I actually think the defense has far more potentialΒ 

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ben's arm isn't shot. His mobility isn't the same so he's having to alter how he approaches his snaps.Β  He could previously run around like a gun slinger, shed tackles etc and he can't do it now.Β  Saying his arm is shot only indicates to me you aren't watching many of his throws. Is his arm the same? no, he's 39 but it's far from shot. We pulled a break on the schedule? Our schedule has certainly been tougher than the Browns. Don't talk out your ass there big guy.Β  I read entirely too much for that.Β 

Looking at Najee Harris' stats, it was based purelyΒ on pure volume, longest touch being 10 yards.Β  Average was a hair of 3 yards.Β 

30 touches to get 120 total yards.Β  Β  In 2nd viewing, especially given the sacks which put Pitt in longer 3rd down situations, the dline played quite well.

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Looking at Najee Harris' stats, it was based purelyΒ on pure volume, longest touch being 10 yards.Β  Average was a hair of 3 yards.Β 

30 touches to get 120 total yards.Β  Β  In 2nd viewing, especially given the sacks which put Pitt in longer 3rd down situations, the dline played quite well.

He had a good game.

But there was at no time during the game that I thought to myself:

"Oh shit, we have a beast to contend with for years".Β 

Not at all.Β 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Ben's arm isn't shot. His mobility isn't the same so he's having to alter how he approaches his snaps.Β  He could previously run around like a gun slinger, shed tackles etc and he can't do it now.Β  Saying his arm is shot only indicates to me you aren't watching many of his throws. Is his arm the same? no, he's 39 but it's far from shot. We pulled a break on the schedule? Our schedule has certainly been tougher than the Browns. Don't talk out your ass there big guy.Β  I read entirely too much for that.Β 

Did he complete any passes that went farther than 20 yards?Β  His completion % on those passes sucks.Β  I checkedΒ Β Nex Gen stats, Ben completed TWO passes of more than 20 yards against the Browns, and I'm not sure if that includes YAC. Only tried four. Ben is now Mr. Dink and Dunk, and he's just a shadow of what he was 10 years ago.Β Β 

BTW, watching MNF, the lastΒ 9 games- the Browns have the second toughest remaining schedule- right behind the Chiefs.Β Β 
And whoopee! until you managed to eke out a win against the Browns- you hadn't beaten a team with a winning record.Β