THE BROWNS BOARD

These roughing the passer penalties are ridiculous

Browns149

Just saw the Cowboys get call for one that wasn’t even close. And I hate the Cowboys

How is this call, a 15 yard penalty and a 1st down, and almost always leads to points, not reviewable?   

And then another penalty for a late hit when the guy was still in bounds and trying to play

It is almost NBA in the BS foul calls

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, Browns149 said:

And I hate the Cowboys

You typed that as if it was inconsistent with your first sentence. It is not...

NBA is easy... I don't watch it. No reason other than the game lacks appeal for me... although my God, is the shooting from increasingly deadly distance ...

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You typed that as if it was inconsistent with your first sentence. It is not...

NBA is easy... I don't watch it. No reason other than the game lacks appeal for me... although my God, is the shooting from increasingly deadly distance ...

I don’t watch the NBA either. It’s a bunch of whiny, overpaid primadonnas that only shoot 3’s or dunk. 
The game is nothing like it was in the 80’s and 90’s when I used to be interested in it

22 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t watch the NBA either. It’s a bunch of whiny, overpaid primadonnas that only shoot 3’s or dunk. 
The game is nothing like it was in the 80’s and 90’s when I used to be interested in it

Isn't worth wasting any time except maybe the last 4-5 minutes of any game, playoffs included. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.😴

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Isn't worth wasting any time except maybe the last 4-5 minutes of any game, playoffs included. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.😴

The last 4-5 minutes take about 45-60 minutes to play. 😜

On 11/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, Browns149 said:

that only shoot 3’s or dunk. 

The highest paid combo a player can have...

Not sure about the whiny... tho.

LBJ don't whine... he leads. Guy is still amazing at his age, but if Tonal is his preferred workout equipment, then I'll eat his sweaty jock. (Feel safe here as he owns a big chunk of Tonal.)

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

You..... tell Aaron Donald that's a fine-able hit  😳... try taking that money.. (Clay Matthews..had this pegged)

How long before the QB wears a Red jersey DURING THE GAME?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

You..... tell Aaron Donald that's a fine-able hit  😳... try taking that money.. (Clay Matthews..had this pegged)

Just think back a few decades especially the 60s and 70s how much of a legal beating the quarterbacks and others took on all kinds of hits.  Some like Kenny the snake Stabler gave him countless concussions that in his case preventied him to go to Canton for his HOF award.  Many others were washed up in their 30s and never made it unlike today's 40 somethings.

Sometimes the flags seem (are?) too much but it is a necessary to keep everyone playing in today's game. That wasn't a guarantee just a few years ago if you remember with the concussion talk and the NFL admission and quick settlement of the CTE cases both settled and pending.

It's just a fact of football life at all levels now and is here to stay.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

It's just a fact of football life at all levels now and is here to stay.

A Blow to a QB's HEAD or NECK..........

This call is so em-bare-ass-ing the whole crew needs fined.....The NFL Network won't show it or discuss it! !

Where was our ref blowing the whistles upstairs on us Sunday? 

Watch only via Youtube .... It's 3rd & 3....hell I'll blow my whistle on this crap 🤓  (pick-up at 15 seconds)

I think that we got screwed on Sheldon Day's tackle of Burrow.  Sheldon made a lunge to tackle him.  He has no idea if Burrow was actually going to throw it, pump fake, or pull it down.  If the QB wants to be protected, tell them to get rid of the ball before the defender begins the tackling routine.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I think that we got screwed on Sheldon Day's tackle of Burrow.  Sheldon made a lunge to tackle him.  He has no idea if Burrow was actually going to throw it, pump fake, or pull it down.  If the QB wants to be protected, tell them to get rid of the ball before the defender begins the tackling routine.

If he’s fined let’s take a collection…that was complete BS. Our response should be a Wheelbarrow of pennies dropped off at the league office.